Are cyclic1 &2 reversed on Standard GUI 120 swash?

More
10 Mar 2016 20:55 - 10 Mar 2016 21:13 #44406 by tcaudill01

Thomas.Heiss wrote: I would love for learning more to take a look at your heli manual about your exact swashplate setup picture. Would you link it?
Every manufacturer seems to do it differently. Lots of confusion.

Okay, here are your examples:
Trex models: www.align.com.tw/manuals-en/helicopter/ Look at any of their manuals under the section "SERVO SETTINGS AND ADJUSTMENTS". They have the ELE(nick) in the rear. PIT and AIL can be swapped but not AIL and ELE(nick).
For the Walkera RX2702 receiver: www.rcforus.com/ujtoys/user-manuals/W-V450BD5-User-Manual.pdf Look under Section 5 "Setup of the RX2702 receiver". Again, ELE(nick) to the rear and AIL and PIT at the front.

Thomas.Heiss wrote: Hexfet was linking 3 servo 120° 3 Servo layout picture: www.rchelicopterfun.com/ccpm.html

(P.S. RCHelicopterfun.com is a great site and the ebooks are worth the price)
The 120 swash shown here is what my edit accomplishes and matches the setup shown in the manuals I linked to.

hexfet wrote: The root error in the code is in the switch statement in MIXER_CreateCyclicOutput(() in mixer.c. For SWASH_TYPE_NONE the assignments to cyc[0..2] are correct. For all the other swash types the cyc[0..2] assignment statements need to have all the elevator and aileron variables swapped. One of those threads Thomas referenced has some links to references on ccpm mixing equations with supporting information.

Other fixes are possible for specific use cases, but as far as I can tell any fix will break existing model files. For this reason PB did not want to change the mixing equations until support for versioning model.ini files is added

Totally agree with this. ANY edits made to the base code WILL break other layouts, no way around that. We may end up having to do separate builds for either front ELE or rear ELE until it can be resolved.

The ideal solution is to create a third 120.INI that would rotate the servos in one of the existing INI layouts 120 degrees clockwise. I have tried to accomplish this and can get the AIL and ELE servos rotated but then PIT will not work at all.
It seems as if the code is written towards an EATR layout and we need the option for an AETR.

Also, really wish someone with a forward mounted ELE could try my edits with the Standard GUI and either the 120 or 120X and let me know how (or if) it works.
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Mar 2016 21:13 by tcaudill01. Reason: Add picture

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Mar 2016 13:47 #45088 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Are cyclic1 &2 reversed on Standard GUI 120 swash?
Thanks guys.

This is one thing you really have to understand when you play with CCPM120.

AIL cyclic roll servo is only named for the left side when the ELEV cyclic servo is in the front (Blade 450).
For Walkera or T-Rex it may be swapped, so AIL is on the right and switched with PIT roll servo, when ELEV cyclic servo is in the back (picture above).

Now I am beginning to understand about this fact CCPM120 fact more and more :-)

Very good that you wrote it down in this thread so any CCPM120 flybar / paddle newbies might get attention about this.
I very much appreciate that.

More
17 Sep 2016 07:34 - 18 Sep 2016 11:30 #53948 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Are cyclic1 &2 reversed on Standard GUI 120 swash?
Standard GUI - not so easy....

Deviation 5.0 as been released: www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...eased?start=60#53953

Heli problem / workaround description including link to new "heli summary analysis developer" thread.

Developer thread includes updated heli templates:
- advanced GUI: working for NONE/FBL + CCPM120
- standard GUI: working for NONE/FBL on my side (tests) - not or only partly working CCPM120 (known issues)

Thomas
Last edit: 18 Sep 2016 11:30 by Thomas.Heiss.

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds