Help needed - CCPM for Blade CP+ with AR6100e RX

More
01 Jun 2014 08:14 - 01 Jun 2014 08:17 #23811 by stringrazor
I've very confused and lost in trying to create a model ini for an old Blade CP+ with the original FM Rx replaced with a Spektrum AR6100e. Initially, I started with a Blade CX3 4 ch ini file as the CX3 I have also has an AR6100e Rx. I was able to control everything individually but nothing I tried to establish CCPM mixing worked.

Through trial and error, and some reading. I tried starting with the 6ch Heli template but CCPM only worked if I first switched to the Standard GUI then switched to the Advanced. If I tried to establish CCPM in the Advanced GUI it simply did nothing. Very odd.

The, I found with swash type set to NONE (no CCPM), all controls worked as expected but with swash type set to 120, the ELE and AIL controls were swapped. Through trial and error, I managed to straighten them out (I think) but nothing seemed to make sense as I was doing it. It's late and I have no idea if it will fly. I'll try tomorrow.

Can someone please help me out? Why did I have to establish CCPM in Standard GUI mode? Why dod AIL and ELE get swapped with Swash=120?

I'm running Deviation 4.0.1.2f438bf on a Devo 7e (w/range, switch, NRF.., & A7105 mods). I've attached my latest ini file.
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Jun 2014 08:17 by stringrazor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jun 2014 18:14 - 02 Jun 2014 18:14 #23854 by stringrazor
Replied by stringrazor on topic Help needed - CCPM for Blade CP+ with AR6100e RX
Well, I actually got it working. I think the issues I'm having in the air are mechanical now.

That said, nothing about the process I had to go through creating a CCPM model in Deviation seemed at all logical. Why would CCPM mixing not work unless I first enable it in Standard GUI? Why are 3 virtual channels created for AIL, ELE, and Pitch? Is that just the way CCPM works in Deviation?

I can't seem to find much in forum posts or documentation on how to create a CCPM model in Deviation. I realize this is a fringe subject and the garage sale heli I'm resurrecting is "ancient" but I'm hoping someone can point me to some information that can help me understand how this works in Deviation. Once I get it all working, I'll post my final model. Right now it seems like such a kluge but it flies the CP+ w/AR6100e and the control work as expected.
Last edit: 02 Jun 2014 18:14 by stringrazor.

More
04 Jul 2015 11:51 - 05 Jul 2015 08:52 #35090 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic Help needed - CCPM for Blade CP+ with AR6100e RX
I run into the Cyclic1 and Cyclic2 wrong assignment for AIL and ELEV channels too.

Looks like this behavior is in the firmware a bit longer according to this threads date.

Thread including link Mantis bugtracker #0000624: www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...ngs-for-flybar#35089

Thomas
Last edit: 05 Jul 2015 08:52 by Thomas.Heiss.

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds