New v4.0.1-ef0d76d

More
14 Aug 2015 02:40 - 14 Aug 2015 02:41 #36860 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic New v4.0.1-ef0d76d

Thomas.Heiss wrote: The relevance between cyclic1, some input and cyclic1 to ELEV or AIL channels are still unknown. At least to me.

The other problem is, that there is not any document where it is written down what servo should be connected on the swashplate to what receiver channels. So there might be different solutions too.
For some FBL systems like ZYX the graphics clearly tell you what you should do (what servo to which channel).
Same is for BNF helis like Blade 450 3D (flybar).

Thomas

It is confusing and I'm not an expert, but now I do understand why I had such a hard time setting up my heli last year. I will work on a writeup for the manual, but short of time for the next couple months. If there's still questions after that maybe a skype session.

Without having a tx, receiver, and heli all in a package it's impossible to give a standard ccpm recipe because of differences in swashtype, servo placement, etc. The data flow is your best guide. You have control over both ends in the advanced GUI - the source to the virtual channel, and the output channel to which the cyclics are assigned.

The connection between the virtual channels and cyclics is not confgurable. It is determined by MIXER_CreateCyclicOutput. The snippet below (annotation added) shows the difference between swashtypes none and 120 (other types are also swapped).
    case SWASH_TYPE_NONE:
        cyc[0] = aileron;
        cyc[1] = elevator;
        cyc[2] = collective;
        break;
    case SWASH_TYPE_120:
        cyc[0] = collective - elevator;               <-- Equation for ELE servo
        cyc[1] = collective + elevator/2 + aileron;   <-- Equation for AIL servo
        cyc[2] = collective + elevator/2 - aileron;

In the advanced GUI you can compensate for this by swapping cyclic assigments when moving between none and a mixed swash. In the standard GUI you'd have to swap the cables going to the AIL and ELE servos.
Last edit: 14 Aug 2015 02:41 by hexfet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2016 11:27 - 18 Sep 2016 11:33 #54007 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic New v4.0.1-ef0d76d
Standard GUI - not so easy....

Deviation 5.0 as been released: www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...eased?start=60#53953

Heli problem / workaround description including link to new "heli summary analysis developer" thread.

Developer thread includes updated heli templates:
- advanced GUI: working for NONE/FBL + CCPM120
- standard GUI: working for NONE/FBL on my side (tests) - not or only partly working for CCPM120 (known issues)

Thomas
Last edit: 18 Sep 2016 11:33 by Thomas.Heiss.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.032 seconds