Support for walkera telemetry.

More
26 Sep 2012 15:24 #1831 by Andrey
Support for walkera telemetry. was created by Andrey
Is it possible in the future, support for telemetry as the standard firmware from Walkera.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2012 16:07 - 02 Oct 2012 16:07 #1933 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Support for walkera telemetry.
I've been working on telemetry for quite a while, and I finally checked in somewhat working code today.
At the moment, I only have a MiniCP and a Ladybird, so at the moment only a single value is read (voltage). The interface is also not done, so configuring telemetry display is crude and limiting.
I'm also seeing occasional blips in my ladybird where it looses connection for a brief moment. So I definitely would use it with caution, however, it is working reasonably well all things considered.

If anyone has a telemetry module I can build a custom firmware which will show the raw telemetry output which would allow me to determine the rest of the protocol. Otherwise, I'll probably need to get a module and some sensors to play with.
Last edit: 02 Oct 2012 16:07 by PhracturedBlue.

More
02 Oct 2012 16:29 #1935 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Support for walkera telemetry.
Actually MiniCP should have two values: the voltage and the motor temperature...

More
02 Oct 2012 16:34 #1936 by PhracturedBlue
I haven't actually tested with my MiniCP yet. I'll do that to see what info I can glean.

More
03 Oct 2012 07:01 #1940 by Gall
Replied by Gall on topic Support for walkera telemetry.
Just an interface idea: make it configurable made of different kinds of widgets...

Even with a simgle value, a round analog voltmeter is easier to reasd than the digital one. Or at least the digits should be very large.

More
04 Oct 2012 01:47 #1968 by PhracturedBlue
That is pretty cool, but is quite a lot of work. We'll likely start with figuring out how to display the info in the interface we already have :)

More
04 Oct 2012 07:10 - 04 Oct 2012 07:13 #1972 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Support for walkera telemetry.

PhracturedBlue wrote: If anyone has a telemetry module I can build a custom firmware which will show the raw telemetry output which would allow me to determine the rest of the protocol. Otherwise, I'll probably need to get a module and some sensors to play with.

I can try to help you. I have WK-CTL01-D telemetry module, but right now I haven't RPM sensors and GPS sensor. They will be later, in two weeks.
Last edit: 04 Oct 2012 07:13 by vlad_vy.

More
04 Oct 2012 09:28 - 04 Oct 2012 10:37 #1973 by Sam
Replied by Sam on topic Support for walkera telemetry.
I CAN HELP WITH 2636H-D VOLTAGE AND TEMPERATURE SENSOR WITH MY V120D02S

some one have manual how to upgrade 2636h-d with UP02
Last edit: 04 Oct 2012 10:37 by Sam.

More
04 Oct 2012 16:56 #1987 by Andrey
Replied by Andrey on topic Support for walkera telemetry.
I can help with WK-CTL01-D + 3 temperature sensors + 2 voltage sensor + 1 RPM sensor + GPS sensor

More
05 Oct 2012 01:48 #1995 by PhracturedBlue
Thanks everyone, I'll put together a build that has a telemetry debug page. We should be able to get enough info if a few folks try it to figure out the telemetry encoding.

More
08 Oct 2012 14:57 #2044 by Gall
Replied by Gall on topic Support for walkera telemetry.

PhracturedBlue wrote: That is pretty cool, but is quite a lot of work. We'll likely start with figuring out how to display the info in the interface we already have :)

Sure. Maybe I'll do that... short of time, but maybe... (I'm a professional software developer).

More
08 Oct 2012 16:32 #2046 by PhracturedBlue
I've posted an experimental build for folks with a devo8 here:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/5-news-announc...lemetry-7535ce7a8d0a

Note that I do not have my Tx available right now (and won't for some time) so I can only test it in the Emulator. So it is possible it won't work at all.
Hopefully it will though.

What I need:
multiple voltage sensors. Do the displayed values work properly and are they in the right order?

temp sensors: Do the displayed values work properly and are they in the right order?

RPM sensors: I have no idea what these look like yet. I need a known RPM and the bottom 2 lines of hex code from the telemetry status page

GPS: I have no idea what this looks like. I need a known position (probably multiple) with the bottom 2 lines from the telemetry status page.

More
08 Oct 2012 18:33 #2048 by Sam
Replied by Sam on topic Support for walkera telemetry.

Gall wrote:

PhracturedBlue wrote: That is pretty cool, but is quite a lot of work. We'll likely start with figuring out how to display the info in the interface we already have :)

Sure. Maybe I'll do that... short of time, but maybe... (I'm a professional software developer).

hmm.... ;) i think its be real our pleasure no one say you no if you can . great thanks from all us . :)

More
08 Oct 2012 18:54 - 08 Oct 2012 19:10 #2049 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Support for walkera telemetry.
Seems that telemetry not working. Voltage1,2,3 = not effect, Temp1,2,3,4 = not effect, bottom 2 lines have constant non zero values. I havn't RPM and GPS sensors.

Interface has strange appearance and behaviour:
1. All fonts are bold with DEVO protocol (russian and chinese fonts don't working).
2. I can't change model with DSM2 protocol to model with DEVO protocol, interface reloads. But fonts with all protocols except DEVO looks normally.

I can report only one thing - QR Ladybird provide V1 voltage (with original Tx firmware).
Last edit: 08 Oct 2012 19:10 by vlad_vy.

More
08 Oct 2012 19:11 #2050 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Support for walkera telemetry.
Did you update the contents of the filesystem?

More
08 Oct 2012 21:02 - 08 Oct 2012 21:04 #2059 by flint723
Replied by flint723 on topic Support for walkera telemetry.
I can also report that, with my ladybird, everything except the two numbers on the bottom of the telemetry page is reading 0.0. I did copy the media directory. The two numbers on the bottom are 00002900000000000000f401 and 313233343536373839303132. The model still functions correctly.
Last edit: 08 Oct 2012 21:04 by flint723.

More
08 Oct 2012 21:10 - 08 Oct 2012 21:36 #2060 by flint723
Also I just noticed that once the transmitter has bound, if you turn off the tx without turning off the ladybird, the ladybird does a slow red flash and will not bind again. The only way to get it to bind again is to turn off both, turn on tx, then turn on ladybird. This was not the case before, you could turn off either one and have it rebind when turned back on without having to reboot both.
Last edit: 08 Oct 2012 21:36 by flint723.

More
08 Oct 2012 21:29 #2064 by kcornels
Replied by kcornels on topic Support for walkera telemetry.
would it be possible to use two different systems while flying, for example use a WK-RX2801 as Reciever and a Devo WK-CTL01-D for the telemetrie functions ?

More
08 Oct 2012 21:45 #2066 by flint723
Another update on the experimental telemetry is that when the telemetry page is open, it affects model flight. The model acts like its only receiving a control signal about twice per second, which makes it move suddenly and in a jerky motion. But if I exit the telemetry page, it goes back to normal.

More
08 Oct 2012 22:00 #2067 by Greg 85db
Replied by Greg 85db on topic Support for walkera telemetry.
flint723 is right, I noticed the same thing...

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds