Support for walkera telemetry.

More
09 Oct 2012 17:20 #2115 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Support for walkera telemetry.

vlad_vy wrote: Also, if I press 'Exit' button at telemetry page, Tx reboot with beep.

Can you verify this behavior in both English and Russian?
Also, are you using a different lang.ru file than the one I provided? If so, please send it to me.

Here is a new dfu. It includes a fix for the 0-voltage and temp-freeze issue
Also, the zip file contains a build with telemetry disabled. can you verify that it rebinds if you power-cycle the tx after binding the model?
I'd like to try several times with both dfus. Is it really reliable in both situations?

I'm actually really surprised it ever worked. With the model transmitting telemetry data, it should bias the transmitter against using the same channels it used on the previous power-on which I'd expect to prevent the Rx from re-connecting.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2012 17:46 #2118 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Support for walkera telemetry.
If I press 'Exit' button at telemetry page, Tx reboot with beep, with both Russian and English. Language file lang.ru from filesystem, unchanged.

If I travel over pages to the left <-, all OK, even if I start travel to the right ->. If after reboot Tx I travel to the right ->, it reboot every time I press 'Exit' button at telemetry page. I don't understand what the difference???

More
09 Oct 2012 18:03 #2119 by flint723
Replied by flint723 on topic Support for walkera telemetry.
Regarding the binding behavior with random id:

with deviation 1.1.2: The tx can be powered off and back on, and it will re-bind. The model can be powered off and back on, and it will re-bind.

With deviation-devo8-06a60453e371.dfu: It will not re-bind when the tx is powered off and back on. It will re-bind when the model is powered off and back on.

With deviation-devo8-notelem.dfu: The behavior is the same as with deviation-devo8-06a60453e371.dfu

More
09 Oct 2012 18:12 #2120 by PhracturedBlue

flint723 wrote: Regarding the binding behavior with random id:

with deviation 1.1.2: The tx can be powered off and back on, and it will re-bind. The model can be powered off and back on, and it will re-bind.

With deviation-devo8-06a60453e371.dfu: It will not re-bind when the tx is powered off and back on. It will re-bind when the model is powered off and back on.

With deviation-devo8-notelem.dfu: The behavior is the same as with deviation-devo8-06a60453e371.dfu

That is bizarre. There should be no difference between deviation-devo8-notelem.dfu and 1.1.2. What does the original devention firmware do?
This sounds like an issue that will need to wait until I have my Tx in front of me.
It would be helpful if you file a bug on this. I'm not sure I can/will fix it, since it doesn't seem like a very useful feature, but if it is a regression I should at least look into it.

More
09 Oct 2012 18:14 - 09 Oct 2012 18:15 #2121 by vlad_vy
All the same with Fixed ID. After the Tx is powered off and back on, it rebind only sometimes (rarely). With both deviation-devo8-notelem.dfu and deviation-devo8-06a60453e371.dfu.

Now sensors, Voltage(1,2,3) and Temperature(1,2,3,4) working fine.
Last edit: 09 Oct 2012 18:15 by vlad_vy.

More
09 Oct 2012 18:17 #2122 by PhracturedBlue

vlad_vy wrote: If I press 'Exit' button at telemetry page, Tx reboot with beep, with both Russian and English. Language file lang.ru from filesystem, unchanged.

If I travel over pages to the left <-, all OK, even if I start travel to the right ->. If after reboot Tx I travel to the right ->, it reboot every time I press 'Exit' button at telemetry page. I don't understand what the difference???

Can you provide your model.ini file? Maybe there is something odd going on there? Reboots are generally due to a memory corruption issue. For whatever reason, the tools I normally use to find them don't work at all with Deviation.

More
09 Oct 2012 18:24 #2123 by vlad_vy
QR Ladybird

File Attachment:

File Name: model2.ini
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:

More
09 Oct 2012 18:28 #2124 by PhracturedBlue
Does it crash with both the 06a60453e371 and notelem dfu?
Does it still crash on the USB page or can you confirm that page is now fixed?
There are very few places for memory corruption on the telemetry page, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't work.

More
09 Oct 2012 18:40 #2125 by flint723

PhracturedBlue wrote: That is bizarre. There should be no difference between deviation-devo8-notelem.dfu and 1.1.2. What does the original devention firmware do?
This sounds like an issue that will need to wait until I have my Tx in front of me.
It would be helpful if you file a bug on this. I'm not sure I can/will fix it, since it doesn't seem like a very useful feature, but if it is a regression I should at least look into it.

If I remember correctly, Walkera firmware acted the same as 1.1.2. The other thing is that now, with the telemetry build, you have to plug in the model within the first 10 seconds of powering on the Tx to get it to bind. Before you could start the Tx then plug in the model battery anytime after.

Actually what it acts like is the dsm2 protocol first bind process which seemed very dependent on the timing of Tx/model turn on. With dsm2 though, once it was bound the first time, it had no problems after that, it would connect anytime after the Tx was started.

When I first brought this up I thought the model wouldn't bind when switching batteries out. But it does, which is all I really care about. I will file the report but I don't think it's worth spending a lot of time on.

More
09 Oct 2012 18:46 #2126 by flint723
I have used Vlad's ladybird model ini and it does the tx reboot when pushing the exit button. So it must be something to do with his model config. Here is mine Vlad, try it instead.

File Attachment:

File Name: model1.ini
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:

More
09 Oct 2012 18:59 - 09 Oct 2012 19:48 #2128 by flint723
I found out that the reason it is rebooting has to do with the number of channels. If I changed Vlad's model to 8 ch devo it doesn't do the Tx reboot. When I change it back to 6 channels, it does the reboot again. If set to 7 ch it does not reboot.

Edit: It does it on any devo model, not just Vlad's. What is interesting is that if I change my ladybird to 6 channels then go to telemetry and click exit to make it reboot, when it start up again it has changed the number of channels back to 8.
Last edit: 09 Oct 2012 19:48 by flint723.

More
09 Oct 2012 19:41 #2131 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Support for walkera telemetry.
I can confirm, that with fixed id if I turn off the transmitter and then on, it won't bind. Actually it bound once, when I turned off the tx for a very short time...
However the EXT works for me without fuzz.

Some other issues:
- the telemetry data (V2) doesn't refresh on the main page, only if I enter the menu, and return to the main page;
- telemetry data remains on when I turn off the model even on the telemetry test page.

More
09 Oct 2012 19:57 #2132 by flint723

FDR wrote: Some other issues:
- the telemetry data (V2) doesn't refresh on the main page, only if I enter the menu, and return to the main page;
- telemetry data remains on when I turn off the model even on the telemetry test page.

Yes those two things are the same for me.

More
10 Oct 2012 03:57 - 10 Oct 2012 04:01 #2139 by vlad_vy

flint723 wrote: I found out that the reason it is rebooting has to do with the number of channels. If I changed Vlad's model to 8 ch devo it doesn't do the Tx reboot. When I change it back to 6 channels, it does the reboot again. If set to 7 ch it does not reboot.

Edit: It does it on any devo model, not just Vlad's. What is interesting is that if I change my ladybird to 6 channels then go to telemetry and click exit to make it reboot, when it start up again it has changed the number of channels back to 8.

Thanks, I'm thought about the same reason, but it was too late yesterday to check this.

At any abnormal reboot all changes at current session are revert to previous saved values.

I have the question, when exactly setup changes are saved? At the time of switching off, exit current menu or at other time?
Last edit: 10 Oct 2012 04:01 by vlad_vy.

More
10 Oct 2012 04:13 - 10 Oct 2012 13:23 #2140 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Support for walkera telemetry.

vlad_vy wrote: At any abnormal reboot all changes at current session are revert to previous saved values.

I have the question, when exactly setup changes are saved? At the time of switching off, exit current menu or at other time?

When switching off, or switch models...
Last edit: 10 Oct 2012 13:23 by FDR. Reason: typo

More
10 Oct 2012 13:18 - 10 Oct 2012 13:19 #2146 by vlad_vy

PhracturedBlue wrote: Does it crash with both the 06a60453e371 and notelem dfu?
Does it still crash on the USB page or can you confirm that page is now fixed?
There are very few places for memory corruption on the telemetry page, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't work.

As flint723 wrote: reboot on exit from telemetry page has place with number of channels less then 7 (1-6).

At USB page (Russian) exit = reboot.
At USB page (English) exit = OK.

If I cut down BOTH russian strings at USB page ("Deviation FW\nversion:" and "Press 'Ent' to turn USB Filesystem:"), I can exit without reboot.
Last edit: 10 Oct 2012 13:19 by vlad_vy.

More
10 Oct 2012 15:27 #2147 by vlad_vy
Original devention firmware reconnect (re-bind) after Tx reboot. At least with Fixed ID.

More
13 Oct 2012 04:41 #2190 by gektor
Replied by gektor on topic Support for walkera telemetry.

Gall wrote: Just an interface idea: make it configurable made of different kinds of widgets...

Even with a simgle value, a round analog voltmeter is easier to reasd than the digital one. Or at least the digits should be very large.

Have you designed it? Very cool! But I'm afraid, that an Interface like this won't be readable fast enough on a rather small display of Devo 8.

More
14 Oct 2012 10:05 #2217 by vlad_vy
With original firmware

You can inhibit telemetry in the transmitter under Sensor Setting - Sensor Status. Make it Inhibit.
When you bind the RX will now know not to send telemetry information to the TX and eat up your battery time doing so.

Does it really have place?

More
14 Oct 2012 12:50 #2219 by PhracturedBlue
I don't think this is true.
I have seen no evidence that you can tell the Rx whether to send telemetry data. You can only tell the Tx whether to receive it. It may save some Tx battery, but not the Rx.

I was considering supporting 'Devo' and 'DevoTelem' as 2 different protocols to work the same way. I'm not sure if it is really worthwhile though.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds