Devo 7E main PCB component ID help

More
26 Jul 2016 06:04 #52158 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Devo 7E main PCB component ID help
No that's not normal. Pull up the pinout of the STM32F103CBT6 and find the analog ground pins (could be multiples) and then make sure those pins are infact grounded. Since the sticks and the battery monitor are both ADC'S maybe you'll get lucky and you just burned a small trace you can air-wire, doesn't sound good though honestly.

Watchya gonna do with it if it is dead? I could probably fix it [with a proc swap, converting it to an ultimate 7E] and put it to good use if repairing it is beyond your means / desire....

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Aug 2016 18:37 #52628 by AcidWord
Replied by AcidWord on topic Devo 7E main PCB component ID help

Cereal_Killer wrote: No that's not normal. Pull up the pinout of the STM32F103CBT6 and find the analog ground pins (could be multiples) and then make sure those pins are infact grounded. Since the sticks and the battery monitor are both ADC'S maybe you'll get lucky and you just burned a small trace you can air-wire, doesn't sound good though honestly.

Watchya gonna do with it if it is dead? I could probably fix it [with a proc swap, converting it to an ultimate 7E] and put it to good use if repairing it is beyond your means / desire....

Sorry for the long pause, I somehow missed the message.
As I stated before, I got zero knowledge in electronics and probably won't be able to fix it myself (I'm having trouble even understanding your explanation above :(...)

Generally in failed mods, are there ways to save the transmitter? Going to Walkera is obviously of no use, since the warranty sticker broke.
This bad boy set me back 55$ (before modding parts & equipment) and I'm not ready to give up on it yet, for I am still in deep need of Deviation FW.
Is my only solution buying a new one and trying again? Are there replacement parts (PCB...) and is it worth it? Any unofficial place that maybe could help?

More
09 Mar 2017 11:13 #60029 by ClittleJ
Replied by ClittleJ on topic Devo 7E main PCB component ID help
I think I posted this under another post but I can't seem to find that post right now.. Won't go through it all again but I have burnt this same MOSFET. I have ordered 4 variations of a replacement and I would like to know if these would be suitable. Thanks for your time!

Attachments:

More
14 Mar 2017 13:32 - 15 Mar 2017 00:41 #60187 by Akrapovic
Replied by Akrapovic on topic Devo 7E main PCB component ID help

Yeap I blow it up too ! It works if I connect the 2 holes bellow it and unplug - plug battery. Now the power to main module is 4.31V ! but I found 6.24V from the holes down and right !
Which mosfet I should buy ?
Will this be ok? : www.ebay.com/itm/IRF-IRLML6401TR-P-Chann...0:g:o-EAAMXQTT9RwtqG
or this : www.ebay.com/itm/MOSFET-P-MICRO3-Part-IR...9:g:AtcAAOxyd8NSa74x
Any other opinion ?
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Mar 2017 00:41 by Akrapovic.

More
04 Jun 2017 20:32 #62831 by DrMeltdown
Replied by DrMeltdown on topic Devo 7E main PCB component ID help
I just had the same issue. I bridged something when fitting the case together. I suspect I bridged the speaker solder points with the heatshield of a 4in1 mod (DOH!).
I have some info and pics in another thread:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/6-general-disc...oked-mainboard#62828
Looking for a suitable replacement transistor. Anyone with experience, please respond with a description and link (preferably for the very amateur electronics tinkerer, as I'm not familiar with specs/numbers and how to interpret them).
Thanks.

More
04 Jun 2017 20:39 #62832 by ClittleJ
Replied by ClittleJ on topic Devo 7E main PCB component ID help
Hello, if you scroll up you will see I had the exact thing happen to me. (Put some heat shrink or tape around your 4in1 once it's fixed ;))
The mouser order I linked are the ones you need.. I ordered a ton but only needed the 1. I believe it's a Pfet or mosfet they call it. I had a local cellphone repair guy do the clean up and soldering. Once replaced all worked great again. Hope this helps!

P.S. I don't know where you are, but I'm in Canada and will ship you a couple of them, just pay the shipping. Let me know. Cheers

More
04 Jun 2017 20:58 - 04 Jun 2017 23:38 #62833 by DrMeltdown
Replied by DrMeltdown on topic Devo 7E main PCB component ID help
Thanks for the offer ClittleJ. I sent you a PM.
Good idea to pass the job to a cell repair guy. I may consider that. I have moderate soldering skills, but have never really worked with surface mount stuff.

EDIT: For anyone interested, per ClittleJ's suggestion, I ordered the following replacement:
www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx...ey942-IRLML6401TRPBF
Last edit: 04 Jun 2017 23:38 by DrMeltdown. Reason: updated info

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds