Devo 7E upgrading to 5.0

More
02 Sep 2016 22:47 #53427 by Squirrel_D
Devo 7E upgrading to 5.0 was created by Squirrel_D
So I'm trying to upgrade to 5.0 from an old version of 4 something.. (It's probably been a year since I even looked at it).

I am using a different laptop running Windows 7. I downloaded pretty much everything. I tried to install the drivers using the DFU USBDrv Installer-1.1 but:
1) When I try to load the Walkera drivers all I get is a blank message box - no words, nothing, pretty much immediately after clicking the button.

2) I eventually got it to load the Deviation drivers.

So I ran the DeviationUpload-0.8.0.jar file.. I held in EXT and turned on the 7E. Plugged in the cable. Driver Software installation pops up, STM DFU (WinUSD) installed. Devo 7e shows up in the uploader tool... all going well so far...

I click the ... for the firmware and pick the deviation-emu_devo7e-v5.0.0.zip file that I downloaded.

Doing so populates the Filesystem text box.. ? Kind of strange. Anyway, I tried doing the upgrade with the install library, replace, etc.. (after I copied the files from my Tx into a separate directory for reference)

All I got was a msg box saying 'Files Copied'.

Ok, the manual for the 7e says all should be fine - I turn off the tx, turn it back on and notice that it still says 4.xxx

I tried this several times and no joy.

Eventually, I tried ticking the Format button - still, nothing besides, 'File copied'

Eventually I screwed around long enough and was able to get it to format - but the file system on the tx was something like 2 megs and there were a bunch of files on there (i forget the file extension - but none of the folders or normal .ini files..

I tried a bunch of things and now I'm just lost with a tx that does nothing.. I turn it on - nada. USB via windows shows no files. I can't get it to do anything but 'copy' files - and when I do it says they are 0 bytes.

I'm lost, I don't know what to do at this point.. Help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2016 00:30 - 03 Sep 2016 00:31 #53429 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Devo 7E upgrading to 5.0
you need to extract the zip file and flash the *.dfu file that's inside. maybe have a re-read of the manual to refresh your memory bud :)
Last edit: 03 Sep 2016 00:31 by HappyHarry.

More
03 Sep 2016 00:45 - 03 Sep 2016 00:48 #53431 by Squirrel_D
Replied by Squirrel_D on topic Devo 7E upgrading to 5.0
I was following the manual as I was doing it. The manual says, 2.4, #1, press the ... button and select the zip file since Deviation Uploaded will handle that.

www.deviationtx.com/user-manual/user-manual-7e-10

Am I looking at the wrong manual?

Also, I just looked, there is no .dfu in the 5.0 zip.
Last edit: 03 Sep 2016 00:48 by Squirrel_D. Reason: Added bit about the .dfu file not being in the .zip

More
03 Sep 2016 05:20 #53434 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic Devo 7E upgrading to 5.0
you've downloaded the emulator build bud, you need the 7e version without 'emu' in it's name, and I didn't notice you were using the java uploader

More
03 Sep 2016 08:36 - 03 Sep 2016 08:38 #53440 by bianchifan
Replied by bianchifan on topic Devo 7E upgrading to 5.0
Not shure about your writing but

Squirrel_D wrote: ..and pick the deviation-emu_devo7e-v5.0.0.zip file...

is definitely wrong, it's a funny windows game to play with the deviation GUI without MCU flashig procedure.

Squirrel_D wrote: All I got was a msg box saying 'Files Copied'.

Nevertheless your result looks straight same like mine, "Files copied" and Devo remains in DFU state :(
http://www.deviationDevo7e-256 libusb-driver !work
Meanwhile I checked the jar on Ubuntu , too, with DFU package installed..same result

I needed to remove all files and install the Walkera stuff..
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Sep 2016 08:38 by bianchifan.

More
03 Sep 2016 12:24 #53445 by Squirrel_D

HappyHarry wrote: you've downloaded the emulator build bud, you need the 7e version without 'emu' in it's name, and I didn't notice you were using the java uploader

OMG. Thanks.

Yeah, I tried to use the Walker and one but the driver installer just pops up a blank message box.

More
04 Sep 2016 06:45 #53458 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Devo 7E upgrading to 5.0

bianchifan wrote:

Squirrel_D wrote: ..and pick the deviation-emu_devo7e-v5.0.0.zip file...

is definitely wrong, it's a funny windows game to play with the deviation GUI without MCU flashig procedure.

Just for the record, the EMU code on the 7E includes the GUI editor, so you can use it to edit GUI models. Can't do that on a 7E proper.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
04 Sep 2016 23:08 #53475 by Squirrel_D
Thanks all, once I downloaded the right file all worked perfectly. Now I'm trying to get my cx-10 W working and not having much luck. But that's a post for a different thread I guess!

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds