Devo noobie. Have 8s looking for config for 350QX3

More
04 Jan 2016 04:34 #41369 by Crossrock
As in subject line.... I am REALLY hoping to be able to get my 8s running with my Blade 350QX3. The Blade has standard v3 firmware. Anyone willing to help would be appreciated. I've been scoffed at for buying the Devo 8s and hoping to prove THEM WRONG :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2016 22:25 #41381 by mwm
There are quite a few of them, mostly for the Devo 10. But those will work fine on the 8 with possible exception of the toggle icons being weird. Try using googles search of the forums: "350qx site:deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs/".

V2 firmware versions won't work on the V3 firmware - the moved RTF from a dedicated channel to a new flight mode value.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
05 Jan 2016 02:02 #41384 by Crossrock
Thanks for the reply. I did find a config file for 350qx3 written by forum member 'vvs'. The thread it is in seems to have died 9 months ago and there is not a lot of feedback. I wish I had more TX knowledge to try and work out the .ini file for myself but alas even though I've been flying a few years this isnt the case. This is his .ini [ www.deviationtx.com/media/kunena/attachments/3577/model4.ini ]. Maybe someone can make sense of it lol. He seems to have disappeared from the forum I think :(

More
05 Jan 2016 02:30 #41385 by jesmail
Here you go.
Attachments:

More
05 Jan 2016 02:42 - 05 Jan 2016 02:47 #41386 by Crossrock
Thanks Jes :) Do you use this config and if so do you know the switch / mode assignments ? (ie switch what does what) :)

PS... I will also be setting up a JIYI P2 Pro with the Devo 8s. It wont work properly with my DX6i as u cant use mixes and dx6i doesnt have switch assignment just mixes :)
Last edit: 05 Jan 2016 02:47 by Crossrock.

More
05 Jan 2016 18:09 #41407 by jesmail
Yes I use it on a 8S, will the switch functions are from memory (at work now :( ) .
Here are some the Gear switch is RTH it will override all other modes
The RUDD D/R will arm and dis-arm the motors.
FMOD is the flight control selection. 0 - smart 1- stab 2- AP mode and if you go to Mix 2 it will go into AERO
You can check the modes out on the ground via the light on the quad.
I wrote this model so if some thing does not look right let me know. I can check/verify when I get back home.

More
05 Jan 2016 20:32 #41409 by Crossrock
Cheers for that Jes. The QX3 is a great quad but I must admit every time I take it out I have a 'knock-on-wood' feeling with it. They can have a mind of their own. I presume all the calibrating will be easier done using the DX4 that came with it. After I get the JIYI programmed I will be ready to test out the jiyi ground station control app. Thanks again for the help.

More
05 Jan 2016 21:10 #41411 by jesmail
That is strange on the flying of the QX3, once calibrated I found it to be one of the most stable platforms out there.
Been flying mine for some time and can not tell you the last time it was calibrated. It seems to hold great. I assume you have the little popup GPS, if not that can cause issues. Mine started out as the first generation QX and I upgraded it as they came out with the newer versions. Really happy with it now.
On the JIYI did you get the P2 or plain? I bought one of the P2's plan to put it into a quad that has the APM 2.6 in it.

More
05 Jan 2016 21:24 #41413 by Crossrock
It is the QX3 with pop-up puk. Yes they r stable but fly-aways seem to be a problem. I have to keep mine calibrated as I cart it around to different areas. Maybe I'm paranoid lol. I bought it probably 15months ago now. Re the JIYI. You said "P2 or plain". The P2 is probably what u would call the plain the other is the one I have "P2 Pro". I was a tester for the jiyi controllers.

More
05 Jan 2016 21:41 #41415 by jesmail
Ok, I also have the P2 Pro. Was pulling from memory, which is not the greatest.
On the QX3 I never had a fly away. One of the things to watch on all the quads is vibrations. To me that is the biggest cause of fly away's. The vibrations if they get severe enough will swamp out the gyro's and then you are out of control. I have several friends I fly with and every time one of them has the fly away issue, I find it has bad props or other issues that cause a bad vibration and boom there they go. I had one using the APM , I smacked a june bug and chipped the prop, was coming back at max speed and as soon as the vibrations started the quad shot straight up and then back down doing a couple of flips in the process. ( my friends thought I was showing off!!) I was able to change the throttle to get it out of resonance and set her down without a scratch. But was lucky.
So have fun and keep flying!!!

More
05 Jan 2016 21:57 #41416 by Crossrock
Agree :) I still have 6 or so drones... mostly builds. The QX3 I run DJI spin-on props, they only ever need minimal balancing and no vibration which is good for AP. With the JIYI I plan to keep it in the existing frame (a 450mm) and get all the ground station modes working (waypoints, follow me, circle mode etc). Up until Xmas I didnt have an Android phone running 4.4 or higher but now I do so looking forward to getting around to experimenting (Y)

More
24 May 2016 13:32 #49123 by Seven5555
I have a Devo7e with 2 3 way switches added. I tried this model.ini but it didnt work. Is there some adjustments needed?

More
24 May 2016 15:10 #49126 by Seven5555
I know how to load the model.ini files and naming them correctly so they will be read. So, why doesnt it work when I load any of the QX model.ini files?

How do I get it to behave like a spectrum's bind button? do i need to install another switch by soldering it to the buttons or throttle trim?

More
26 May 2016 19:52 #49316 by HeliPriest
Just a simpel message for all of you who are very busy writing those ini file :cheer: thank's to you all i have my Blade350QX2 v3 working with my DEVO8s.

thank's

More
26 May 2016 20:07 - 26 May 2016 20:08 #49317 by HeliPriest
hai Seven,
What i do is, i power on the Blade and when it goes in bindingmode i power on my Devo8s and i tab in the mainscreen on te Quadcopter picture and than the setupscreen pops up and then i go one screen further and there you see the button connect/binding and tab that....and that's about it!!??

But i don't know what transmitter you use??
sorry if this does not help you..
Last edit: 26 May 2016 20:08 by HeliPriest. Reason: writing falt

More
27 May 2016 01:33 #49334 by Seven5555
Thats binding. I can get it to bind but I cannot get it to initiate, spin motors. I have a Devo7e with 2 3 way switches.

I'm also grateful for the guys that make these configurations. I just wish I could get one of them to work.

More
27 May 2016 01:53 #49335 by Crossrock
What stick sequence do u use to try and arm the quad?

More
27 May 2016 03:12 #49338 by Seven5555

Crossrock wrote: What stick sequence do u use to try and arm the quad?

Both in, both in and down, both in and up, both out, both out and down, both out and up.

I would like it if one of my switches could be used to arm it. Do you know how?

Thank you for your help.

More
27 May 2016 03:27 #49340 by Crossrock
Depending on who put the .ini together will depend on the start sequence. Maybe the sequence is elevator down and in and throttle left then right as in previous FW versions. As to setting up a switch yes I know how to set it up but have only dont it using a Spektrum but I can give u the link that explains the requirements.

More
27 May 2016 04:21 #49342 by Seven5555
Thats a great video. But I'm using a Devo 7e with Deviation and I have no idea how to translate from the Spektrum. I posted a thread here www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-requests...hes-and-qx2-v3#49337

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds