New SYMA protocol

More
02 Feb 2014 18:45 #19714 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic New SYMA protocol
module files are tied to a specific dfu. if you build yourself, you can update a mod without updating the dfu, but you can't usually provide a mod to someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2014 18:55 #19717 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic New SYMA protocol

SeByDocKy wrote: Strange ... I can't bind or re-init at all ... no action at all ...
Very strange ...

Did you installed the last Nightly build before ?

EDIT . Your YD717 seems to not be compatible with my current .dfu and or for devo7E

Sorry about that. Obviously I haven't learned as much as I'd thought :oops:

What do I need to include for a full 7e software package?

I built against the latest PB repo. Setting the model worked fine in both the 7e and 10 emulators, and clicking re-init started the bind process.

The weather's cleared so I'm going flying and it may be tomorrow before I can update. I've attached the updated protocol file if someone wants to build.

File Attachment:

File Name: yd717_nrf2...2-02.txt
File Size:16 KB
Attachments:

More
02 Feb 2014 19:01 - 02 Feb 2014 19:16 #19718 by hexfet

PhracturedBlue wrote: module files are tied to a specific dfu. if you build yourself, you can update a mod without updating the dfu, but you can't usually provide a mod to someone else.

Thanks. So I should include all the modules generated by a 7e build in objs/devo7e/protocol? That plus the dfu is what's required?

Here are those files, SBDK. Thanks for your patience :)
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Feb 2014 19:16 by hexfet.

More
02 Feb 2014 19:27 #19721 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic New SYMA protocol
just use 'make TARGET=devo7e zip' It will do the right thing

More
02 Feb 2014 19:27 #19722 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic New SYMA protocol

hexfet wrote:

PhracturedBlue wrote: module files are tied to a specific dfu. if you build yourself, you can update a mod without updating the dfu, but you can't usually provide a mod to someone else.

Thanks. So I should include all the modules generated by a 7e build in objs/devo7e/protocol? That plus the dfu is what's required?

Here are those files, SBDK. Thanks for your patience :)

Clap Clap ;)

It's binding ;)

But the model file is completly different from the V2x2

More
02 Feb 2014 19:41 #19726 by SeByDocKy
Here is a small demo ...

Bravo HexFet ;)

More
02 Feb 2014 20:01 #19732 by SeByDocKy
Ok sorry I am very new baby even in model file....

I need to invert channel 1 and 2.... I means I move forward when go to left of the right stick and go on left when I move forward the right stick and so on. Basically I need to reverse channel 1 and 2 ?

More
02 Feb 2014 20:46 #19739 by SeByDocKy
Ok I found but now seems that 2 channels are mixed RUD & AIL ...
I mean when pressing left stick on right it's also shifting on right .... not only turning right in the same location ....

More
02 Feb 2014 21:28 #19744 by SeByDocKy
HexFet,

The FMOD allow flipping that a good news. You limit to 5 channel max in your protocol implementation ? Coz ... I guess this new syma protocol will be compatible with the other news quad. Some of them will be able to switch on/off lights and camera ... so at least 7ch would be necessery. So calling it SYMA X4 is not maybe the right option. I guess, it would work for X3, X4, X5C, X6 and X7 ... (but not X1 based on A7105)

More
02 Feb 2014 21:32 - 02 Feb 2014 22:29 #19745 by SeByDocKy
For my config problem, here is a small video where I play only with left stick to rotate left or right. As you can see, I am also shifting left and right....

Here is the actual config file I am using (based on V2x2 one I have)

File Attachment:

File Name: model23.ini
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Feb 2014 22:29 by SeByDocKy.

More
02 Feb 2014 22:56 #19755 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic New SYMA protocol
if rudder and aileron are mixed then set ch1 source to RUD and set ch4 source to AIL

More
02 Feb 2014 23:12 #19757 by SeByDocKy

HappyHarry wrote: if rudder and aileron are mixed then set ch1 source to RUD and set ch4 source to AIL

It doesn't work .... they are just inverted ... AIL is on the right stick and RUD on left one but still mixed ...

Maybe I am doing something wrong. I have to go to "complex" part and change src as your described ?

More
02 Feb 2014 23:34 #19760 by HappyHarry
Replied by HappyHarry on topic New SYMA protocol
if when you move the left stick left and right and the quad is behaving as you have moved the right stick left and right then yes go into the complex mixer and change the sources for CH1 and CH4

set CH1 src to rud and set CH4 src to ail

More
02 Feb 2014 23:47 #19761 by hexfet
Nice! This is fun :)

I don't understand the model23.ini file. Ch1 source is AIL normally but if fmode1 then it's ELE? Maybe just still me not understanding yet. Please try the attached model file, which is the one I use for yd717. I edited it to use the Syma X4 model.

Does the Syma X4 stock transmitter have any extra buttons for flip or LED control? In the SPI capture I don't see any data sent in the 'flag' byte that controls auto-flip on the YD717. As you say those options might only be on the other Syma models.

Another help would be if you could make another SPI capture from the stock tx that shows the different control movements. Move the controls about 1 second each to zero throttle, full throttle, full left rudder, full right rudder, forward elevator, reverse elevator, left aileron, right aileron. Then with sticks neutral (zero throttle) do left rudder trim, right rudder trim, forward ele trim, back ele trim, left ail trim, right ail trim. Hold down the quad :) This will help identify which channel goes in which data byte.
Attachments:

More
03 Feb 2014 02:46 #19763 by hexfet
Looking at the new Syma models on Banggood it appears the X3, X4, and X7 all use the same transmitter - at least the external case. The X5C and X6 have a controller that looks like the X1 controller - they might be flysky.

The left shoulder button is high/low rate. The right one is "eversion" control. We'll need SPI captures to decode these. If you can make the captures in the previous post in both high and low rate modes it will help. Also a capture with the "eversion" button held down.

More
03 Feb 2014 07:14 #19770 by SeByDocKy

hexfet wrote: Looking at the new Syma models on Banggood it appears the X3, X4, and X7 all use the same transmitter - at least the external case. The X5C and X6 have a controller that looks like the X1 controller - they might be flysky.

The left shoulder button is high/low rate. The right one is "eversion" control. We'll need SPI captures to decode these. If you can make the captures in the previous post in both high and low rate modes it will help. Also a capture with the "eversion" button held down.

Yes I will do for both left and right shoulder buttons. I am sure that this protocol is for the X3, X4, X5C, X6, X7 and maybe also for some last SYMA heli ...

More
03 Feb 2014 07:19 #19771 by SeByDocKy

hexfet wrote: Nice! This is fun :)

I don't understand the model23.ini file. Ch1 source is AIL normally but if fmode1 then it's ELE? Maybe just still me not understanding yet. Please try the attached model file, which is the one I use for yd717. I edited it to use the Syma X4 model.

Does the Syma X4 stock transmitter have any extra buttons for flip or LED control? In the SPI capture I don't see any data sent in the 'flag' byte that controls auto-flip on the YD717. As you say those options might only be on the other Syma models.

Another help would be if you could make another SPI capture from the stock tx that shows the different control movements. Move the controls about 1 second each to zero throttle, full throttle, full left rudder, full right rudder, forward elevator, reverse elevator, left aileron, right aileron. Then with sticks neutral (zero throttle) do left rudder trim, right rudder trim, forward ele trim, back ele trim, left ail trim, right ail trim. Hold down the quad :) This will help identify which channel goes in which data byte.

Yes 2 shoulders buttons ... left for beginner/sport mode and right for flipping. I guess for the X5C, there will be another channel to switch on/off lights and/or camera too .... so probably up to 8 channels ...

Ok also I will capture everything 1s in each maximum position

More
03 Feb 2014 08:31 #19776 by SeByDocKy
Here are some log files

- One for right stick (up->down then left->right)
- One for left stick (up->down then left->right)
- One for shoulder buttons (pressed twice)

For all of them, I armed before (left stick up and down)

www.wetransfer.com/downloads/48eb5310fc9...0140203082326/37d03d

More
03 Feb 2014 08:36 #19777 by SeByDocKy
In fact, I noticed also that when moving forward, the quad is rotating right and when backward rotating left .... so It seems that maybe 3 channels are mixted

More
03 Feb 2014 16:59 #19782 by hexfet
Thanks. It looks like the data packet is the same as for the YD717, including the auto-flip enable. So the problem may be in the channel ordering. The YD protocol expects AETR - aileron on channel 1, elevator on 2, throttle on 3, and rudder on 4.

Did you try the model file attached above? I believe that's where the channel ordering is set, but maybe there's a tx config also. I can check tonight.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds