New SYMA protocol

More
07 Feb 2014 14:15 #19968 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic New SYMA protocol

hexfet wrote: Thanks for testing :) Good news on the X3. Will be interesting to see if it has any extra features.

From the pictures on banggood it looks like the Syma X5C and X6 still use the X1 controller. Maybe call the protocol "Syma2347"? Seems it's going to be confusing no matter what. They'll be coming out with more models too...

I am not sure that X5C and X6 are using a third protocol.... even if the TX is different. For example, the SYMA heli I got (I will send u soon some SPI logs), have the same TX than those X5C and X6. So SYMA have 2 models of TX box but I can't believe they also developped a lot of protocols. Any, I asked to a RCgroup guy Helimax that will review the X6 to take close-up photos of the RF chips. We will know soon the thruth :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2014 20:18 #19974 by Daryoon
Replied by Daryoon on topic New SYMA protocol
X6 flies good. Much better than with it's stock TX.

Did not test for flipping.

More
07 Feb 2014 20:30 #19975 by SeByDocKy

Daryoon wrote: X6 flies good. Much better than with it's stock TX.

Did not test for flipping.

Great news ... so it's clear this new protocol allow to fly X2, X3, X4, X5C, X6 and X7 :)

More
07 Feb 2014 20:41 #19976 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic New SYMA protocol
Nice! Seems like "Syma X2+" is spot on.

More
08 Feb 2014 11:03 #19990 by SeByDocKy
Hi HexFet,

New Job for you .... :) Another SYMA protocol (from coaxial heli). For me it's (almost) the same chip that for the SYMA X4

www.wetransfer.com/downloads/68035f0bdc0...0140208105945/80d728

You will find 2 log SPI files

i) down then up then left then right of the right stick then up than down of the left stik ending with clicking on the shoulder button (speed mode)

ii) right trim, left trim, up trim then down trim of the right stick

More
08 Feb 2014 15:11 #19993 by hexfet
This does not look like nRF24L01 data to me. Can you share the Salae data file? Maybe some of the SPI parameters need to be adjusted.

Probably best to start a new thread. It could be a different device and someone else may recognize the data.

More
08 Feb 2014 15:18 #19994 by SeByDocKy

hexfet wrote: This does not look like nRF24L01 data to me. Can you share the Salae data file? Maybe some of the SPI parameters need to be adjusted.

Probably best to start a new thread. It could be a different device and someone else may recognize the data.

Ok... I didn't save the salae datafile. I will proceed a new capture and open a new thread

More
04 Jun 2014 04:32 #23890 by hamsterrorist
Replied by hamsterrorist on topic New SYMA protocol
I downloaded the May 31st nightly recently onto my Devo10, couldn't get it to bind with the Syma X5C with any protocol. Running an A7105 and an nRF24L01-PA wired in appropriately.

I also noticed though that my channels were swapped across the board with this build - throttle was on the elevator stick. Wondering if that might've had an influence since the Syma's seem to like the full-up-full-down throttle movement to bind?

The X5C needs a decent Tx, it flies so damn well!

More
04 Jun 2014 04:52 #23891 by SeByDocKy

hamsterrorist wrote: I downloaded the May 31st nightly recently onto my Devo10, couldn't get it to bind with the Syma X5C with any protocol. Running an A7105 and an nRF24L01-PA wired in appropriately.

I also noticed though that my channels were swapped across the board with this build - throttle was on the elevator stick. Wondering if that might've had an influence since the Syma's seem to like the full-up-full-down throttle movement to bind?

The X5C needs a decent Tx, it flies so damn well!

Bad news :(..... Can you take close up photos of the RF chip from the quad board ?

More
04 Jun 2014 09:02 #23895 by hamsterrorist
Haven't pulled the quad apart yet (pretty enclosed!) but will do when I do.

More
04 Jun 2014 09:14 #23896 by SeByDocKy

hamsterrorist wrote: Haven't pulled the quad apart yet (pretty enclosed!) but will do when I do.

Did you try the Sky Walker protocol ? (you can access it through the YD717 suboption)

More
04 Jun 2014 09:17 #23897 by hamsterrorist
Yeah, pretty sure I tried that, but might try again.

But I was worried that something was off since the throttle was bound to the elevator stick - could not figure out any way to get it correct.

With the binding, is it done the usual Syma way, with the throttle down and then up and then down?

More
04 Jun 2014 09:27 #23898 by SeByDocKy

hamsterrorist wrote: Yeah, pretty sure I tried that, but might try again.

But I was worried that something was off since the throttle was bound to the elevator stick - could not figure out any way to get it correct.

With the binding, is it done the usual Syma way, with the throttle down and then up and then down?

Ho it means that maybe the channels must be correctly mapped. You can do that in the mixer part, by selecting the correct Src/Dst pair.

Well, there is a autobiding. In general, I select first my model file with the SymaX protocol. Then turn off the TX. Turn on the quad and then turn on the TX again and it's binding immediatly (you hear a beep)

More
04 Jun 2014 15:01 #23902 by hexfet

hamsterrorist wrote: Yeah, pretty sure I tried that, but might try again.

The X5C tx looks just like the X1 tx, so my first guess would be Flysky. But it could be anything.

The throttle up/down thing is a safety implemented in the tx. Not necessary with Deviation as it does throttle safety differently.

More
25 Jul 2014 21:49 #24800 by mrodrigues
Replied by mrodrigues on topic New SYMA protocol
Anyone confirm that Deviation can bind with X5C? I bought a 9XR this week with a DSM2/DSMX and a FlySky module, thinking the X5C was the same as the X1. I couldn't get the FlySky to bind and later found on RCGroups that it uses Syma X2+ protocol.

No one verified that they were able to bind to it, so I wanted confirmation before ordering another radio. I really regret getting the 9XR after reading more about the Devo 10. FlySky on Devo requires soldering, which I didn't want to do to get the X5C working (when I was under the mistaken impression that it used FlySky).

More
25 Jul 2014 22:00 #24801 by SeByDocKy

mrodrigues wrote: Anyone confirm that Deviation can bind with X5C? I bought a 9XR this week with a DSM2/DSMX and a FlySky module, thinking the X5C was the same as the X1. I couldn't get the FlySky to bind and later found on RCGroups that it uses Syma X2+ protocol.

No one verified that they were able to bind to it, so I wanted confirmation before ordering another radio. I really regret getting the 9XR after reading more about the Devo 10. FlySky on Devo requires soldering, which I didn't want to do to get the X5C working (when I was under the mistaken impression that it used FlySky).

It seems that SYMA X5C is using a third variant of the syma protocol ....
So actually, even deviationTX can't bind it ... but maybe it's a very close variant of the last known .... I think non have the syma5C in hand to test this

More
25 Jul 2014 22:07 #24802 by mrodrigues
Thanks for this. I actually pulled the trigger on a Devo 10 in a fit of rage, only to cancel the order for fear of making the same mistake twice. I really think the Devo looks like a better platform, but it's a shame even it can't bind to the X5C. The range on the stock TX is pathetic.

More
25 Jul 2014 22:17 #24803 by SeByDocKy

mrodrigues wrote: Thanks for this. I actually pulled the trigger on a Devo 10 in a fit of rage, only to cancel the order for fear of making the same mistake twice. I really think the Devo looks like a better platform, but it's a shame even it can't bind to the X5C. The range on the stock TX is pathetic.

Well a devo 7E/10 is probably the best investmemt you can do .... you will forget this Syma X5C very fast, but you will probably keep your devo a long time. Buy a EQX or a blade 200QX .... and of course a devo that you will have to mod .....

More
25 Jul 2014 22:22 #24804 by mrodrigues

SeByDocKy wrote: Well a devo 7E/10 is probably the best investmemt you can do .... you will forget this Syma X5C very fast, but you will probably keep your devo a long time. Buy a EQX or a blade 200QX .... and of course a devo that you will have to mod .....

I have a Nano QX and a Phantom I got free. I was under the impression the 7E and the 10 would take the deviation firmware without a mod, unless by 'mod' you just mean load the new firmware.

I'm not entirely opposed to cracking the thing open to solder things, but I thought this was only required for something like FlySky support. DSM2/DSMX is built in, no?

More
25 Jul 2014 23:01 #24805 by Fixy
Replied by Fixy on topic New SYMA protocol
Yes DSM2/X only require firmware update.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds