SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12

More
04 Mar 2015 08:03 #29313 by ahuttere@gmail.com
Replied by ahuttere@gmail.com on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12
Hi , were can i download SymaX and SymaX2 protcols ?, C and H files.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2015 17:36 #29654 by john
Replied by john on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12
hello guys

IS JJRC H5C same protocol Syma X5C ? or other protocol ? v2x2 ?

More
13 Mar 2015 20:07 #29663 by Durete
Replied by Durete on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12
Sorry, I don't know. But I think it uses proprietary protocol. Not Syma compatible at all.

More
23 Mar 2015 20:56 - 23 Mar 2015 21:07 #30134 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12
Hi,

In order to match the V2x2 (now with 3 new channels: headless, gyro-x, gyro-y) & the Flysky (now with headless, light, RTH, flip, gyro-x, gyro-y) protocols channels assignation, I propose to modify this syma's protocol channel asignation

fllip => Channel 6
Picture = > Channel7
Video = > Channel8

I will capture Headless channel => Channel 9 for Syma protocol (Syma X5SC & X8C have this new feature)

With this standardization, whatever, V2x2, FlySky and Syma, config files will remain identical ...
Last edit: 23 Mar 2015 21:07 by SeByDocKy.

More
23 Mar 2015 21:43 #30136 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12
Both SymaX and YD717 have flip on channel 5 and lights on 6.

I agree it would be nice if they were consistent, but I'm not sure it's a good idea to make a change that will break existing SymaX and YD717 model files. Opinions?

More
23 Mar 2015 21:51 #30138 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12
Add an option for channel compatibility? Gradually make it the default.

More
23 Mar 2015 21:52 #30139 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12
Or even new protocol for SymaX and YD717 which has different channel layout.

More
23 Mar 2015 22:02 #30140 by Durete
I agree Hexfet. It would be nice same channel layout for all protocols, but these change will break all existing model files.
Will be a good idea for new or updated protocols, but IMO a bad idea for existing and consolidated protocols ;)

More
23 Mar 2015 22:16 - 23 Mar 2015 22:16 #30141 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12
Generally, if the protocol/option was not in 4.0.1, I have no issue with changing it to match. If it was in 4.0.1, we probably shouldn't touch it.
I'm not sure how to detect this case in the Tx if we actually want to change the option order for something in a previous release. we could add a protocol API version and disable the protocol if it doesn't match, but that may be a lot of work for little gain.
Last edit: 23 Mar 2015 22:16 by PhracturedBlue.

More
24 Mar 2015 06:31 #30165 by SeByDocKy

Durete wrote: I agree Hexfet. It would be nice same channel layout for all protocols, but these change will break all existing model files.
Will be a good idea for new or updated protocols, but IMO a bad idea for existing and consolidated protocols ;)

But with unified mapping, you will need only one unique model file skeleton ....

More
24 Mar 2015 09:11 #30170 by mugen0001
Replied by mugen0001 on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12
do you have config syma x5c for devo 8s?

More
25 Mar 2015 01:35 - 25 Mar 2015 02:13 #30217 by hexfet
I'll make a pull request to change the control channels for SymaX. I think it will be more beneficial to newcomers to Deviation than it will be detrimental to users who install the nightly builds. Maybe we can add an "RTF quad" template usable with v202, flysky, and symax.

Contrary to what I posted above, SymaX doesn't have light controls :oops: The change will be:
Channel   old       new
5         flip
6         picture   flip
7         video     picture
8                   video

Really don't want to see any "deviation changed and crashed my quad" posts, so please spread the word if this change gets merged. The Syma flip is fully automatic so hopefully will be manageable even if unexpected.

Agree it's not worth the effort of versioning or making a separate protocol, especially since it's not in a released version. Since YD717 was in 4.01 it won't change.

Not everyone has to add new models as often as SeByDocKy, but he'll also have the most models to change! :lol:
Last edit: 25 Mar 2015 02:13 by hexfet.

More
25 Mar 2015 05:56 #30228 by SeByDocKy

hexfet wrote: I'll make a pull request to change the control channels for SymaX. I think it will be more beneficial to newcomers to Deviation than it will be detrimental to users who install the nightly builds. Maybe we can add an "RTF quad" template usable with v202, flysky, and symax.

Contrary to what I posted above, SymaX doesn't have light controls :oops: The change will be:

Channel   old       new
5         flip
6         picture   flip
7         video     picture
8                   video

Really don't want to see any "deviation changed and crashed my quad" posts, so please spread the word if this change gets merged. The Syma flip is fully automatic so hopefully will be manageable even if unexpected.

Agree it's not worth the effort of versioning or making a separate protocol, especially since it's not in a released version. Since YD717 was in 4.01 it won't change.

Not everyone has to add new models as often as SeByDocKy, but he'll also have the most models to change! :lol:

Thanks a lot :).... I will capture as soon I can the headless channel to end with this new Syma protocol ...:)
From now, it would be a good idea to keep this channels'order ...in future protocol hacking ...

More
30 Mar 2015 16:52 - 30 Mar 2015 16:55 #30471 by SeByDocKy
Here is the SPI capture of the headless mode for the new Syma protocol (@250Kbits)

mon-partage.fr/f/le6487qE/
Last edit: 30 Mar 2015 16:55 by SeByDocKy.

More
30 Mar 2015 17:16 - 30 Mar 2015 17:20 #30472 by John-Boy
Replied by John-Boy on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12
Hi,

How about adding a column to the 'Supported Models' document that contains a link to a working INI file for that model?

The unique model INI file would move the channels around and not require all kinds of options to be included in the protocols. Lots of options/versions would make them cumbersome and prone to setup errors by new users.

Also, it would really show off the huge list of models that Deviation supports. Easy to get your favorite model in the air with one-stop at the Deviaton site...

Jm2c... ;)
Last edit: 30 Mar 2015 17:20 by John-Boy.

More
30 Mar 2015 17:34 #30475 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12
That is the purpose of the 'Model Thread' column. Obviously not every model has one, and it is up to the community to keep them updated. But what I wanted was:
1) find your vehicle in the table
2) verify you have the proper module installed and working
3) copy the ini from the linked thread to the tx
4) go out flying

Things are a little complicated at the moment with respect to module installation (due to changes between 4.0.1 and the nightlies) but once we make the next release, that should be cleared up.

More
30 Mar 2015 20:13 #30483 by hexfet

SeByDocKy wrote: Here is the SPI capture of the headless mode for the new Syma protocol (@250Kbits)

Thanks for capturing this. Which Syma model did you use for the capture? Can you control that model with the SymaX protocol? The capture shows two different bind packets being sent, with 1 of the four rf channels used for binding being different than SymaX. The rf chip initialization is different too, but haven't looked at the details yet.

The headless mode is controlled by the most significant bit in the eighth byte of the data packet.

More
30 Mar 2015 21:26 #30486 by SeByDocKy

hexfet wrote:

SeByDocKy wrote: Here is the SPI capture of the headless mode for the new Syma protocol (@250Kbits)

Thanks for capturing this. Which Syma model did you use for the capture? Can you control that model with the SymaX protocol? The capture shows two different bind packets being sent, with 1 of the four rf channels used for binding being different than SymaX. The rf chip initialization is different too, but haven't looked at the details yet.

The headless mode is controlled by the most significant bit in the eighth byte of the data packet.

It's a SYMA X5C. In fact, I didn't bind the quadcopter ... but yes I can control perfectly the quad with your new syma implementation...
Maybe do you want some new capture with the quad turned on too ?

More
30 Mar 2015 21:35 #30488 by SeByDocKy
Ok here is a new capture with the quad bound ...

mon-partage.fr/f/Ic8QYuMz/

More
30 Mar 2015 21:41 #30490 by Durete

SeByDocKy wrote: It's a SYMA X5C. In fact, I didn't bind the quadcopter ... but yes I can control perfectly the quad with your new syma implementation...
Maybe do you want some new capture with the quad turned on too ?

Maybe a Syma X5S (Explorers 2) ? not an X5C :P

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds