SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12

More
23 Jan 2015 19:09 #27950 by Durete
Replied by Durete on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12
Another week without my X11-C :(
The stuck for Christmas continues at Spain...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2015 21:18 #27951 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12

Durete wrote: Another week without my X11-C :(
The stuck for Christmas continues at Spain...

My X12 will be here next week from Banggood USA warehouse :)

Working on a data collection rig. If you're interested in microcontrollers this kit and its IDE is amazing for US$4.

More
26 Jan 2015 19:07 #28048 by Durete
Ok, got my X11-C. :silly:
I will capture SPI traces for camera controls, and help to randomize the TX address, as soon as possible...
I found a (probably) software fault into this quadcopter, when you are taking video.
The left yaw command, sometimes don't work as expected. Especially when you send a slow yaw command. It's a little bit difficult to explain, but Quadcopter101 Youtube reviewer, noticed this issue in his unit also.
Hopefully this fault could be corrected with "our" protocol :)

More
26 Jan 2015 21:57 - 02 Feb 2015 12:09 #28058 by Durete
First capture.
Only bind sequence, next 2 photos, next start video, next stop video...

Removed SPI Capture
Last edit: 02 Feb 2015 12:09 by Durete. Reason: Removed SPI Capture

More
26 Jan 2015 22:12 - 02 Feb 2015 12:09 #28062 by Durete
Another capture playing with the sticks, all the trims and buttons. Now at 8Mhz.

Removed SPI Capture

I don't know if something is wrong with both captures, but the software point me an error ¿about clock ? :blink:
Last edit: 02 Feb 2015 12:09 by Durete. Reason: Removed SPI Capture

More
26 Jan 2015 23:38 - 27 Jan 2015 00:19 #28068 by hexfet
Is the left yaw problem with the stock tx or just with deviation?

Good captures. Please try the camera controls in the attached. Pic on channel 7, video on 8.

One more data point for the channel hopping sequence. This one doesn't have the same pattern, so definitely no simple solution. Waiting for my X12...
      TX address        Channel Sequence
S1    3B B6 00 00 A2    15 35 1D 3D
D1    9A E9 02 00 A2    14 34 1C 3C
D2    46 18 00 00 A2    11 21 31 41
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Jan 2015 00:19 by hexfet.

More
27 Jan 2015 05:16 #28094 by Durete
No, don't worry Hexfet.
The problem with the yaw, is only at X11-C with stock transmitter. Don't have time to test with Deviation yet.
Maybe it's a signal problem, interferences with the camera module or something similar, because only suffers at about 50 meter or far. I need more testing.

Ok, I will test your build in a few hours, when I return home from work.
Thanks!

More
27 Jan 2015 16:08 #28105 by Durete
Works!!!
Channel 7. Take picture.
Channel 8. Start/Stop video.

@ Hexfet. Do you need any special test?

I will update info about the yaw problem, I need more testing, but it's not related to Deviation for sure because I have flown a lot of times my X11 (non camera version) with my Devo without any problem.
It's a problem related with the X11-C or his transmitter.

@Scooterstew, please check this build with your X5C-1.

Thank you guys! :)

More
27 Jan 2015 17:05 #28112 by hexfet
Great, thanks! No additional info needed at the moment. Probably be tomorrow before I can push the changes to the deviationtx repo.

My X12 is to be delivered today :)

More
27 Jan 2015 17:34 #28114 by Durete
Ok, I will add more captures from another TX to help randomize TX address, but not sure about the date... Maybe in a week or two :(

More
28 Jan 2015 08:51 #28147 by scooterstew
Replied by scooterstew on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12

Durete wrote: Works!!!
Channel 7. Take picture.

I will update info about the yaw problem, I need more testing, but it's not related to Deviation for sure because I have flown a lot of times my X11 (non camera version) with my Devo without any problem.

Hey guys
Will test the latest build with my x5c-1 today.....
Will post later on and let you know how it goes.......

More
28 Jan 2015 15:13 #28159 by scooterstew
Replied by scooterstew on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12

scooterstew wrote:

Channel 7. Take picture.

Hey guys

Hey there guys
So I've had a quick test with the latest build....
Could only fly the x5c-1 indoors....
But yes CH 7 is pic
And CH 8 is video......
Didn't notice any problems with yaw but couldn't fly very far away from me indoors!!
Hope that helps.......:)

More
28 Jan 2015 22:15 #28186 by Durete

scooterstew wrote:

scooterstew wrote:

Channel 7. Take picture.

Hey guys

Hey there guys
So I've had a quick test with the latest build....
Could only fly the x5c-1 indoors....
But yes CH 7 is pic
And CH 8 is video......
Didn't notice any problems with yaw but couldn't fly very far away from me indoors!!
Hope that helps.......:)

Great!
Forget about the yaw problem, it's not related with Deviation.
Is something related only with the X11C and/or his transmitter.

More
29 Jan 2015 09:31 - 29 Jan 2015 09:33 #28197 by Durete
Probably I found the source for the Yaw problem...

I need another good test with the correct antenna lenght.
Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Jan 2015 09:33 by Durete. Reason: Attach the photo...

More
30 Jan 2015 04:18 - 30 Jan 2015 04:26 #28226 by hexfet
victzh was prescient - I was not able to attach probes to the X12 fc board. Just don't have the right tools. :(

The RF chip is a Beken 2425 in a 16-pin SSOP package. Was not able to find a datasheet. Looks like the SPI pins are 10-14 just by inspection. Anyone know of a test clip for this package? The pin spacing is .025 inches.

The board has several test points labeled CLK, DA, and RET. The CPU is stamped "ARM" so maybe these are for an ARM debugger? If so that might be a way forward.

Haven't given up, but not likely to solve this any time soon. Had an idea to add a protocol option to choose one of the 3 tx addrs that have been captured, so at least a few Devo users could fly together.

The X12 is fun to fly! The yaw rate is anemic so I just flew tail-in the whole time. Tilt the direction you want to go and the thing is fast. Reversed directions so the headlight becomes a taillight and makes it easy to see outside.
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Jan 2015 04:26 by hexfet.

More
30 Jan 2015 06:52 #28227 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12

hexfet wrote: victzh was prescient - I was not able to attach probes to the X12 fc board. Just don't have the right tools. :(

The RF chip is a Beken 2425 in a 16-pin SSOP package. Was not able to find a datasheet. Looks like the SPI pins are 10-14 just by inspection. Anyone know of a test clip for this package? The pin spacing is .025 inches.

The board has several test points labeled CLK, DA, and RET. The CPU is stamped "ARM" so maybe these are for an ARM debugger? If so that might be a way forward.

Haven't given up, but not likely to solve this any time soon. Had an idea to add a protocol option to choose one of the 3 tx addrs that have been captured, so at least a few Devo users could fly together.

The X12 is fun to fly! The yaw rate is anemic so I just flew tail-in the whole time. Tilt the direction you want to go and the thing is fast. Reversed directions so the headlight becomes a taillight and makes it easy to see outside.

You should grab data on the MCU not the Beken chip itself... It will be more easy

More
30 Jan 2015 07:41 #28229 by Durete

hexfet wrote: victzh was prescient - I was not able to attach probes to the X12 fc board. Just don't have the right tools. :(

I can't find any BK2425 datasheet so far, but I have on the way an X11 spare FC and I have the equipment and skills to attach some probes to the RF chip or MCU. :)
If you guide me, I can capture the info you need.

More
30 Jan 2015 15:43 #28247 by hexfet

SeByDocKy wrote: You should grab data on the MCU not the Beken chip itself... It will be more easy

The Beken chip looked easier since it has the gull wing leads. The MCU solder points are underneath - is there a good way to probe those?

More
30 Jan 2015 16:18 #28250 by hexfet

Durete wrote: I can't find any BK2425 datasheet so far, but I have on the way an X11 spare FC and I have the equipment and skills to attach some probes to the RF chip or MCU. :)
If you guide me, I can capture the info you need.

Collecting the data requires binding with many different tx addresses and recording the channels used. Each bind requires a power-cycle/reset of the FC. It needs to be automated to capture hundreds or thousands of samples.

Would it be feasible to send my FC to you and get it back with probes attached? Or perhaps you could duplicate the test rig I built? Will send a pm.

More
31 Jan 2015 00:46 #28280 by Chadster
Replied by Chadster on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12
I'm another newbie (we all started somewhere) and love the idea of using a devo 10 to control the x5c-1. I see scooterstew flew his indoors. Is this because it does not work for longer range, or indoors is just what you had available? Did you apply an aftermarket module?

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds