SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12

More
28 Dec 2014 18:57 #27301 by scooterstew
Replied by scooterstew on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12
also just to verify......

yes both transmitters bind with each quad......just checked....

on the X5c-1 the throttle trim press down to start video then again to end video...

and press up to take a pic....

the camera has a green light underneath which changes to red when in use....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2014 23:19 #27305 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12
Thanks, that's helpful. Seems like ail and rud need to be reversed in the code, but we'll see what SeByDocKy's results are.

Hopefully he can get trace for the camera signals as well.

More
29 Dec 2014 19:34 #27315 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12

hexfet wrote: Thanks, that's helpful. Seems like ail and rud need to be reversed in the code, but we'll see what SeByDocKy's results are.

Hopefully he can get trace for the camera signals as well.

Unfortunatly with Syma X11 & X12, left vertical trims are fake buttons :(.... So I can't help you ....

More
29 Dec 2014 21:21 #27319 by hexfet
Perhaps one of the folks with a camera version can do a little testing.

The attached 7e build has two changes. The AIL and RUD channel are changed so you should no longer need to reverse them in the devo.

For test only I've added channels 7 through 10 to control some bits in the protocol that are likely to control the camera. Please try controlling the camera with these channels. Need to know which (if any) takes photos and which controls the recording.

Do the camera models let you take photo while recording?

Thanks!
Attachments:

More
29 Dec 2014 22:02 #27320 by Durete
Replied by Durete on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12
Sorry, I can't help :(
I am waiting an X11C (almost sure same protocol) but probably I will receive in about 2 weeks, and could test into the X5C-1 from a co-worker, but I am at Christmas holidays and will not return work until January 8. :P
Anyway, I have a noob question for you :oops:
I have a Syma X5C, but not the latest version X5C-1 that works with this protocol.
My X5C version is exactly the same as the latest version, same transmitter, same flight characteristics, same camera controls, but short range transmitter and different protocol... :( Don't bind with the new version transmitters.
I'm thinking from a few days ago, maybe Syma addresses the reported short range issue only changing the datarate into the latest version? B)
So, same protocol, different datarate. Is this possible?
Thanks in advance!

More
29 Dec 2014 22:56 #27322 by scooterstew

hexfet wrote: Perhaps one of the folks with a camera version can do a little testing.

The attached 7e build has two changes. The AIL and RUD channel are changed so you should no longer need to reverse them in the devo.

For test only I've added channels 7 through 10 to control some bits in the protocol that are likely to control the camera. Please try controlling the camera with these channels. Need to know which (if any) takes photos and which controls the recording.

Thanks!

ok will check it out now for you.......

when the video is recording you cant take a pic at the same time......if you press the up trim button to take a pic it just turns off the video.....

More
29 Dec 2014 23:09 #27323 by scooterstew

scooterstew wrote:

hexfet wrote: Perhaps one of the folks with a camera version can do a little testing.

Thanks!

when the video is recording you cant take a pic at the same time......if you press the up trim button to take a pic it just turns off the video.....

right yes the AIL and RUD arent reversed now...working perfectly.....

how do I check the different channels to do the camera???

More
29 Dec 2014 23:31 #27324 by Durete

scooterstew wrote:

scooterstew wrote:

Thanks!

You need to assign a switch or trim button to every channel from 7 to 10, to see if any operation on any of these channels activate the video or camera.
For example, if your model file have the channel 6 (High rates) to the Fmod1 switch, change this configuration to every channel from 7 to 10 and check the led at the camera when change this swith.
It's a test and error operation ;)

More
30 Dec 2014 00:06 #27325 by scooterstew

Durete wrote:

scooterstew wrote:

scooterstew wrote:

Thanks!

You need to assign a switch or trim button to every channel from 7 to 10, to see if any operation on any of these channels activate the video or camera.
For example, if your model file have the channel 6 (High rates) to the Fmod1 switch, change this configuration to every channel from 7 to 10 and check the led at the camera when change this swith.
It's a test and error operation ;)

im a bit out of my depth really but Ive tried channels 7-10 using fmod1 as the switch, copying the settings from my ch6 high rates.......nothing worked...but its probably me not knowing what im doing!!!!! :unsure:
if someone could talk me through it in a fairly simple way...i could probably do it.....

More
30 Dec 2014 00:33 #27326 by Durete
Sorry, but I can't explain you better :(
English is not my natural language but I try do my best explaining you how to test the channels :)
Did you change your Channel number to 10 at your model file?

More
30 Dec 2014 02:02 #27327 by hexfet
Sounds like you're trying correctly. In the mixer menu the channel numbers on the left-hand side should go up to 10. One at a time for each of the channels 7-10 set the mixer to change from min to max on a switch (for example, a simple mixer with FMOD1 as Src and 1-to-1 curve. Then bind and see if the switch controls the camera photo or recording.

It's entirely possible the bits I guessed at are not the correct ones. There are two unused bytes in the data packets that could be involved.

More
30 Dec 2014 10:50 #27336 by scooterstew

hexfet wrote: Sounds like you're trying correctly. In the mixer menu the channel numbers on the left-hand side should go up to 10. One at a time for each of the channels 7-10 set the mixer to change from min to max on a switch (for example, a simple mixer with FMOD1 as Src and 1-to-1 curve. Then bind and see if the switch controls the camera photo or recording.

It's entirely possible the bits I guessed at are not the correct ones. There are two unused bytes in the data packets that could be involved.

Just tried exactly as you said with channels 7-10.....

Result none of them operated the camera at all........

Hope that helps.....

More
30 Dec 2014 13:50 - 30 Dec 2014 14:11 #27341 by hexfet
Thanks for trying. Looks like an SPI capture will be needed for the camera controls.
Last edit: 30 Dec 2014 14:11 by hexfet.

More
30 Dec 2014 15:53 #27345 by Durete
Just ordered a cheap Logic Analyzer.
I will try to capture my first SPI trace when receive the logic analyzer and the Syma X11C.
Probably a will need a little help, but not too much. I'm newbie at DeviationTX World but not at electronic Staff ;)

More
30 Dec 2014 15:55 #27346 by Durete
@Hexfet.
Did you see my question about the datarates and Syma protocols?

More
30 Dec 2014 17:37 #27348 by scooterstew
Hi hexfet
Seem not to be able to bind to my syma x3 and syma x4 now since I put the last beta build you gave me on......can bind to x12 and x5c.......
Any ideas?

More
30 Dec 2014 18:40 #27350 by Durete

scooterstew wrote: Hi hexfet
Seem not to be able to bind to my syma x3 and syma x4 now since I put the last beta build you gave me on......can bind to x12 and x5c.......
Any ideas?

The old SymaX protocol for X4, now is an option inside the YD717 protocol.
You need to select YD717 protocol, and press enter to select the SymaX2 protocol.

More
30 Dec 2014 19:13 #27351 by scooterstew

Durete wrote:

scooterstew wrote: Hi hexfet
Any ideas?

The old SymaX protocol for X4, now is an option inside the YD717 protocol.
You need to select YD717 protocol, and press enter to select the SymaX2 protocol.

Cheers durete.....thanks for telling me.....got the x3 and x4 in the air again!!! :)

More
30 Dec 2014 20:06 #27353 by Durete
You are welcome :)

More
31 Dec 2014 01:43 #27368 by hexfet

Durete wrote: @Hexfet.
Did you see my question about the datarates and Syma protocols?

It's possible only the data rate changed, but just as likely it's something different. Have you tried the yd717 protocol and its options? (though I think someone's already tried)

If it uses one of the supported chips and you can get an spi capture we can take a look :)

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds