SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12

More
26 Dec 2014 17:57 #27235 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12
Here's a diff for the changes. It should apply with hg import, but not sure since I've got other local changes. I think I need to rebase these to the latest nightly so I can make a pull request (or at least make it more easily). Not sure how to do that and now it's time to go fly :) Will look into it tonight and push the changes to my repo.

Nice work!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Dec 2014 18:24 #27237 by SeByDocKy
Replied by SeByDocKy on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12

hexfet wrote: Here's a diff for the changes. It should apply with hg import, but not sure since I've got other local changes. I think I need to rebase these to the latest nightly so I can make a pull request (or at least make it more easily). Not sure how to do that and now it's time to go fly :) Will look into it tonight and push the changes to my repo.

Nice work!

Yes please coz actually I can't apply the HG import (I am in Windows and seems not available via my mingw installation). (you can't just zip these two file ? )

More
26 Dec 2014 19:37 #27239 by Durete
Replied by Durete on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12
Just registered to thank you for your work.
Good job guys!
Another protocol hacked for our beloved Devo.
As I am new at DeviationTX World, I don't know what is the next step. Maybe a pull request for a new nightly?
How many time we will need to wait for a new nightly with this protocol for the Devo 7E?
Thank you guys!

More
26 Dec 2014 20:15 #27241 by SeByDocKy
With the nano syma X12

AIL and ELE must be inverted vs the X11 but it's working well

More
26 Dec 2014 22:24 #27246 by SeByDocKy
I applied the patch via

patch -p1 < syma11.diff

I managed to recompile for the devo10 but for the devo7E I have

+ Building 'objs/devo7e/symax_nrf24l01.bin'
./target/devo7e/protocol.ld:18 cannot move location counter backwards (from 2000
48cc to 200048bc)
make: *** [objs/devo7e/symax_nrf24l01.bin] Error 1

:(

More
27 Dec 2014 01:12 #27253 by Neilyboy
Replied by Neilyboy on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12
Just wanted to say you guys are amazing! I can not thank you enough. I wanted to get an x11 for my daughter and now that it's deviated she can enjoy it on our 7e (once it end up in a nightly that is, as I have no idea on compiling my own yet). Keep up the great work!! So glad I purchased this 7e.

Neil

More
27 Dec 2014 03:43 #27259 by hexfet
Ah, forgot (again) that static initializers can't be used with the 7e. Please try the attached version for the 10 to verify I made the fixses correctly.

I optimistically pushed the changes to my repo. If everything works you can pull the changeset from there to build for any tx. You should be able to pull the branch "pb_repo" and then merge it locally if you've got any local changes from the nightly. It has the SymaX changes based off the current nightly revision.

Once the latest changes are tested I'll make a pull request. It won't appear in the nightly until merged, which as far as I know can only be done by PB. We can post a 7e build on a download site somewhere (but building your own is fun!)
Attachments:

More
27 Dec 2014 04:28 #27266 by SeByDocKy

hexfet wrote: Ah, forgot (again) that static initializers can't be used with the 7e. Please try the attached version for the 10 to verify I made the fixses correctly.

I optimistically pushed the changes to my repo. If everything works you can pull the changeset from there to build for any tx. You should be able to pull the branch "pb_repo" and then merge it locally if you've got any local changes from the nightly. It has the SymaX changes based off the current nightly revision.

Once the latest changes are tested I'll make a pull request. It won't appear in the nightly until merged, which as far as I know can only be done by PB. We can post a 7e build on a download site somewhere (but building your own is fun!)

Ok it's working for me :)

Which files should be intialzed these statics ? (coz I already patched my local repo with your work).
What is the url of your repo ?

More
27 Dec 2014 05:09 #27269 by SeByDocKy
Ok I will be away from the screen until next monday evening ... :) 3 days off for me

More
27 Dec 2014 23:58 #27278 by Durete

hexfet wrote: Ah, forgot (again) that static initializers can't be used with the 7e. Please try the attached version for the 10 to verify I made the fixses correctly.

Hi Hexfet.
Actually, I don't have the skills to compile a complete build for my Devo 7E from the Repo.
Could you compile a Devo 7E DFU based on latest nightly with your changes for Syma Protocol? :oops:
The Syma community is growing a lot, and we are anxious to use our Devo B)

More
28 Dec 2014 01:45 #27281 by hexfet
It's not quite ready for a pull request yet. Noticed in SBDK's last video that he had to reverse a couple channels. Need to get the default right for at least one of the supported models :)

Attached is a build for the 7e. Would appreciate some testing as I did some reorganizing. Specifically please post your syma model and which channels had to be reversed.

Thanks!
Attachments:

More
28 Dec 2014 02:39 #27283 by Durete
Thanks!
I will test tomorrow. Here is very very late and it's time to go bed.

More
28 Dec 2014 11:11 #27289 by Durete
Just tested with Syma X11 :) .
Channel assignation:
Channel 1. AIL. REVERSED.
Channel 2. ELE. NORMAL.
Channel 3. THR. NORMAL.
Channel 4. RUD. REVERSED.
Channel 5. Flip mode.
Channel 6. Dual rates.

My question is what channel uses the Syma X5C-1 and the new X11C (almost 100% confident same protocol) to activate the camera?
Actually I don't have a X5C-1 to test but I have on the way a X11C that probably will receive in about 2 weeks.
Attachments:

More
28 Dec 2014 12:34 #27290 by Durete
Here a little video.

I have 2 damaged motors at my X11 so the flight finish with a semi-crash flipping :)

anyway works great!!!

More
28 Dec 2014 14:40 #27291 by scooterstew
Replied by scooterstew on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12
Ive just been flying using this bulid with my devo 7e

works really well on the syma x12 and syma x5c-1

just need an ini file for the x5c-1 for camera controls and its done!!!

or figure it out myself!!!! :) :)

More
28 Dec 2014 15:44 #27293 by hexfet

scooterstew wrote: works really well on the syma x12 and syma x5c-1

just need an ini file for the x5c-1 for camera controls and its done!!!

Good to hear. What channels did you need to reverse to fly the X5C-1? Can you fly the X12 with the X5C-1 tx, and vice-versa?

We don't have any information about how to control the camera. I watched an X5C-1 review and it looks like the camera controls are on the left vertical trim button? Can you make an SPI trace from your tx with a logic analyzer? It's possible SeByDocKy's transmitter will send the signals even though it's not from a camera model so he could make a capture.

Can you tell on the copter when a picture is taken or video recording is on/off? If so we could try some detective work. I can make a version that toggles a few likely bits in the protocol and you can test if they work. There'd be six new channels to check to see if any of them control the camera so a bit tedious...

More
28 Dec 2014 16:00 #27294 by Durete
According some reviewers, the transmitter for the X5C-1 can fly the X11 and X12 without any modification, so it's a bit confusing the behaviour into the channel reversing that SebyDocky suffers.
I have exactly the same channel configuration at the X12 Seby's video. AIL and RUD reversed, the other channels normal. We need to wait Seby double check his configuration.
The camera at the X5 is activated by the Throttle Trimmers. Trim Up take a photo, Trim Down start video capture (maybe is inverse, I don't remember good).
I can help testing the camera options at the X5C-1 and X11C in about 2 weeks, when I return work from Christmas holidays, and receive my X11C.
I think it's time to order a cheap Logic Analyzer :P

More
28 Dec 2014 16:43 #27297 by hexfet
Nice video :) Yes, something doesn't add up with the channel reversing. We'll get it straightened out. The camera controls we can probably find by trying a few possibilities, but it'll be faster with an spi trace. Glad it's working for you.

More
28 Dec 2014 18:18 #27299 by Durete
Anyone have experience with this cheap Logic Analyzer?
www.banggood.com/USB-24M-8CH-24MHz-8Chan...-Saleae-p-74101.html

More
28 Dec 2014 18:46 #27300 by scooterstew
Replied by scooterstew on topic SYMA X5C-1, X11, X12
hi there
Im sorry but I dont have a logic analyser.....not much use to you Im afraid....

I own an X5c-1 and X12....yes both use the same protocol.....

on X12 flying with devo 7e....the AIL and RUD are reversed.....

on X5c-1 flying with devo 7e the AIL and RUD are also reversed.....

hope thats some help to you!!!???

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds