New FrSkyX protocol

More
01 Apr 2016 08:39 #45546 by Alexandro
Replied by Alexandro on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Hello,

Test Ver. 037

Bind on 7e is working right now .
After Bind and RX Power Cycle the green Led comes on and staying solid, but no Servo movement on Stick.
The PWM on Channel 1-3 is staying solid 1499, but on 4-8 it has no PWM Signal from the PWM Output ( Servo Connector ) on X8R RX.

greetings Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2016 00:39 #45607 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic New FrSkyX protocol
This is puzzling. The only change was a single line that changes a bit external to the CC2500 (to enable an external PA). It is not related at all to the type of tx (7e vs other). Is the CC2500 module in the 7e the same type as the other one you've been testing with? Which module is it?

More
02 Apr 2016 06:09 #45633 by Alexandro
Hello,
yes he same cc2500 with blue Protector over the HF Shield.

On Ver. d76 it works on FrskyX, after Ver. 076 it makes Problems.

may be some Files were i have wrong on the new Version ?
There is a file named Core, bit it is to big for the Drive on 7e to copy.
the other files i have used form your new Build and i format it complete at first.
here some Error ?

greetings Alex

More
02 Apr 2016 19:48 #45669 by hexfet
Alex, I've uploaded a test build for the 7e I'd like you to try. Ver 4ed. It has a test change just to check something - not sure why the bind would start working with the last change...

Is it possible for you to test your 7e with the Frsky (D8) protocol?

The "core" file should not be there - it's from a failed emulator test. Just delete it.

More
03 Apr 2016 07:06 #45687 by Alexandro
Hello,

Test Ver. 4ed 7e

Binding is working on Channel Number set to 12
Rx does not move the Servos on Channel Number set to 12, but if i switch the Channel Number to 8 all is ok and Servos doing right from Channel 1 to 8
Telemetry V1 and RSSI is doing ok.

On Devo 8s Build 1f0 :
Binding on Channel Number set to 12 is working.
Servos are moving right on X8R on all PWM outputs ( Servo Connector on RX 1-8 )

greetings Alex

More
03 Apr 2016 23:40 #45746 by hexfet
Thanks Alex. Sorry for all this testing but it's not clear what the issue is so I'm trying to gather information. Anyone else with a 7e to try?

1) Are you using the same fixed ID on the 7e as on the 8s? If not could you try that?
2) TomPeer reported his 7e did not work well with no fixed ID, but did work with fixed ID of 1. Could you try a fixed id of 1? In general does changing the fixed id change the behavior of the 7e?
3) With the d76 version does your 7e work correctly with no fixed id and fixed id of 1?
4) Do you see the same behavior from the last two 7e test builds (073 and 4ed)?

If this isn't fruitful I can go back to d76 and build test versions for each commit between then and now...which is also a lot of testing :(

More
04 Apr 2016 05:00 - 04 Apr 2016 05:01 #45763 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic New FrSkyX protocol
I still have Version 15e8960 (fairly early one from 2 weeks back or so) on my 7e with this module: www.banggood.com/CC2500-PA-LNA-Romote-Wi...F24L01-p-922595.html .
I just tested, using an X4R-SB, CC3DF3 and cleanflight GUI as channel monitor:

- All 12 channels work fine and react fast. Slight jitter on the stick channels, definitely caused by the stick pots themselves.
- Bound immediately with no issue.
- No fixed ID is set.
- Everything seems to act exactly as it should and as it does with a D4R-II receiver.
- RSSI is fine.

Will probably try a newer version later, but this should give you a starting point at which things have worked just fine (for me at least).
Last edit: 04 Apr 2016 05:01 by Arakon.

More
04 Apr 2016 06:08 - 04 Apr 2016 06:11 #45764 by Alexandro
Hello,
ver 4ed
1. i use a Fixed id on booth TX -> 310171
2. Id set to 1 same error
-> Cannel Number set to 8 all ok, then with out power Cycle set to 12 all ok. then Power cycle the RX ( on channel count set to 12 ) all stops.
then i have to switch back to 8 with out power cycle and all works again and i can switch back to 12, on power cycle all breaks again.
-> on power cycle the tx all works with set to 12 but then on power cycle the RX all is broken , then i have to go back to 8 and all does work. then i can switch to 12
this i can repeat and always it does the same like described ->

3. ver d76 ( from 4ed to d76 i have to replace the protocol folder -> error message bad or missing ...... )
-> id set to 1 , channel count to 12 all ok on power cycle of the RX and TX. Servo on Stick a litte noise some times
Bind does stay locked on downgrade to d76 , i have not to re Bind. Rebind does work with id 1 and id 310171.

4. ver 073 ( from d76 to 073 i have to copy the protocol folder -> error bad or missing ..... )
-> Bind stay , have not to rebind. Channel count to 12 no servo movement. Back to Channel count 8 all works, then i can switch to 12 and all stay ok. But then on power cycle the RX all stops again, then i have return to 8 and all comes back and works. this can i repeat and always the same comes up like described.

073 and 4ed are the same things with the channel count
-> set to 8 all ok -> then set to 12 all ok -> RX power cycle all stops -> back to 8 all ok - > set to 12 all ok -> rx power cycle all stops .................

d76 all is ok but little servo noise some times on analog Servos , digital servos more noise here.
-> channel count on 8 and 12 all ok, power cycle on rx all ok. Same on TX

what i found is , i have to overwrite the Protocol folder after upgrade from d76 to 4ed and 073. -> here the bug inside the protocol file ? something broken ?

you are ALWAYS WELCOME , your brain work is more and harder then my little Testing !
and i like to have a way around the dictation of the Industry on the Protocols with Deviation i can do !

greetings Alex
Last edit: 04 Apr 2016 06:11 by Alexandro.

More
04 Apr 2016 22:00 - 04 Apr 2016 22:37 #45799 by Wene001
Replied by Wene001 on topic New FrSkyX protocol
i got my X8R receiver today
Modded my Devo12s with cc2500 module from banggood.(Fine=0 coars=0)
the receiver bound on first try with hexfets test build.
Great work.
But something is going on with the analog inputs.
Whis a switch as src all is fine.
There is noise... +/- 2-3 digits on all analog prozessor inputs
Sticks, Pots, Slider and @voltage measurement too.
The Tx Voltage display fluctuates +/- 30mVSticks und Voltage fluctuate periodically with ~1sec up and down.
if the cc2500 comes active it messes up the 3,3V i think.
Could a capacitor help??

edit...some tests
Before binding there is no voltage or analog input fluctuating.
with 100uW sending power ther is almost no fluctuating.
the more power the more noise.
Could this be a shielding problem?!?

Unfortunately im no electronic expert

No noise with A7105 ore or cyrf6936 Module active
Last edit: 04 Apr 2016 22:37 by Wene001.

More
05 Apr 2016 07:44 #45816 by Alexandro
@Wene001

Some one here reported some Problems with the 12s and the Power of the Frsky Protocoll,
he used an external Powerboard to power the cc2500. Then his Servo noise was gone.

I do not realy like the Idea to have 2 3.3 volt Source on same Ground Wire, may be getting some trouble with the Data Lines from Cpu ?

Greetings Alex

Send with my mobile Pad

More
05 Apr 2016 08:17 #45818 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Please read this, I have also this annoying voltage fluctuation on some protocols and this is really really annoying me........
Read alos this. www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...-a-rx?start=20#41749

I tried following 2 things;
I have put a heavy Polulo regulator to replace the stock 100ma LDO (as it became really hot), but does not fix it.
I have put a large Capacitor at the Analog Voltage read pin direct at the input pin at the ARM cpu, does not fix it.
(Although Capacitor 100% sure was connected right, as it takes then several seconds to charge the capicitor, I can see the Tx voltage slowly rise after switch on. Still when charged voltage fluctuates.)

More
05 Apr 2016 11:07 - 05 Apr 2016 15:59 #45822 by Alexandro
Hello,
done a Range Test today with Ver. 1f0

560 Meters , wet gras ground. TX Devo 8s with the original long Antenna on the CC2500 ( Version with blue Foil over the Hf Shield on Picture)
Setting 150 mW
TX 20 Meters higher then RX ( little Hill ) , Line of Sight to the RX.
Booth , RX and TX 1 Meter high over Ground. Air 80 -90 % wet.
Telemetry Data:

X8R ( with same Antenna as the D8R ) min RX 78, max RX 80. Servo doing right without any Problem ( Dead on RX 42 )

D8R min 44, Max 50. Servo doing right without any Problem ( Dead on RX 38 )

all only my 2 ct. for Info ( i think my 2nd Flight Test get green light on next Weekend with a bigger Plane)

greetings Alex
Last edit: 05 Apr 2016 15:59 by Alexandro.

More
05 Apr 2016 16:26 #45846 by 944storm
Replied by 944storm on topic New FrSkyX protocol
I understand a second regulator sharing the 3.3 volt ground is not an optimal solution, but I would prefer to leave the board alone and power the multimod separately. There are no fluctuations on the TX input test screen, and the signal that cleanflight is seeing is only showing a 1 point change.

I thought about replacing the on board 3.3 volt supply but it was not sitting right with me on doing that. I have enough knowledge and experience to swap the parts out, yet still went with an external supply.

More
05 Apr 2016 22:09 #45873 by Wene001
Replied by Wene001 on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Sorry for offtopic
Lets discuss the Voltage Problem in this Thread

More
06 Apr 2016 20:48 #45962 by mickkn
Replied by mickkn on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Is this protocol integrated in the latest build? Or do I have to do something special to use FrSkyX? In the latest Devo10 Nightly there is only FrSky and FrSky-V8

More
06 Apr 2016 21:28 #45966 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Check under Downloads -> Test builds for the hexfet frskyX builds.

More
07 Apr 2016 05:47 #45996 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Not that you need to use a test build because hexfet hasn't submitted these for integration into the nightly yet, meaning he doesn't consider them finished. So the something special you needed to do includes looking back through this thread to get the current status of the test build.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
07 Apr 2016 05:50 #45997 by mickkn
Replied by mickkn on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Thanks. I will give it a go when my CC2500 and X4RSB arrives :)

More
07 Apr 2016 06:25 #46000 by cmpang
Replied by cmpang on topic New FrSkyX protocol
tested deviation-devo7e-v4.0.1-4ed4de6,

got "bad or missing module" error upon binding

More
07 Apr 2016 07:58 #46004 by Alexandro
@cmpang
if module is right connected try to copy the protocol folder from the Test Build into the 7e Drive.
i got the same Error with the Nightly files -> missing the X Protocol there

the same Error comes up if you only upgrade the FrskyX Build without updating the protocol folder to.

greetings Alex

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds