New FrSkyX protocol

More
02 May 2016 18:04 #47596 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Could you make the AD2GAIN, smaller resolution step itwould be very convenient, to tune the AD2 Gain, in 2 digits behind comma to read the correct voltage. (Instead of tuning or using variable resistors)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2016 21:16 #47605 by mickkn
Replied by mickkn on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Is there a way to merge two test-builds ?

Would really like to try the Voice Alert buiild together with this FrSkyX protocol :)

Guess I need to compile it myself?

More
03 May 2016 01:43 #47615 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Thanks Alex! New test build here (147).

The two changes are implementation of AD2GAIN, and moving the total cell voltage reporting from VOLT3 to a new telemetry value AllCell. This value is the total of all the CELLx telemetry values (hub or s.port). The AllCell value is inserted in the center column of row five of Devo10 telemetry test page, moving VOLTA and CURRENT down to rows 6 and 7 respectively.

The AIN input is sent as an s.port telemetry value with id ADC2_ID. The value is reported in hundredths of volts, and is then multiplied by AD2GAIN/10. The result is reported as the VOLT3 telemetry value. On a new model the default value of AD2GAIN is set to 10 which is a gain factor of 1 (no gain).

Since it comes in as s.port telemetry VOLT3 is not supported in the 7e build.

Should the protocol option name change to "AINGAIN" to reflect the name of the hardware input?

Fernandez, the VOLT3 value should display with two digits after the decimal. Are you saying that the AD2GAIN adjustment is too coarse? Please give it a try and ideas for improvement are welcome.

Frsky/FrskyX telemetry test page on Devo10
RSSIVOLT1CELL1
TEMP1VOLT2CELL2
TEMP2VOLT3CELL3
RPMMIN CELLCELL4
FUELALL CELLCELL5
ALTITUDEVOLTACELL6
VARIOCURRENTDISCHARGE

More
03 May 2016 01:50 #47616 by hexfet

mickkn wrote: Is there a way to merge two test-builds ?

Would really like to try the Voice Alert buiild together with this FrSkyX protocol :)

Guess I need to compile it myself?

Yes and yes. My development branch is usually up-to-date.

More
03 May 2016 06:41 - 03 May 2016 07:04 #47629 by Alexandro
Replied by Alexandro on topic New FrSkyX protocol
@hexfet

i tested the x8r-sb on an Original Frsky System .
Here is the AIN at Volt2, i think we should move it to the Original Volt2 to stay compatible

The Name for AD2Gain we should change to AD2Divider (on Original System use the Divider Menu to adjust) , it is the AD2 input Pin of the RX.
The DIVIDER numbers should stay , do not make any X,XX.
The original is the same X with out ,XX .
Here is a 2nd Menu Point better, a fine coarse with is able to + or - 0,0X (+3,99 to -3,99 at 0.01 Steps ) volt to the showed Number on Volt 2.

-> on Taranis it counts the same Way, the Divider jumps not direct to your wanted Number, it is always some tenth of the Number and then you use the +/- on the fine coarse to get even
but there you can see the changes of the none even Divider direct on Display at real Time. On Deviation it is a bit hard to get it adjusted with out the actual Number ( Volt2) at changing moment .

With it we can adjust some difference from cheap Resistor Divider.
If the Divider is not on an even Number the use some other Resistors !
-> the most Divider at Shops are 04 for RX Volt and 10 for Flight Pack

-> the Showed Numbers on an Original Frsky System is:
Short -> 0 Volt
Open -> 2.8 Volt <- i think it is ok here to show the 2.8 on open Connection , its the Original Frsky System
3.2 Volt -> 3.2 Volt <- it show the right Volt

can we change to Volt2 and an fine Coarse for adding the 0,XX to get an adjust on it ?

greetings Alex

p.s.
the only thing i found at moment who is changed on the D8r to X8r , is the Volt1 on D8r (internal RX Voltage) to RXVolt on X8r (now the RXvolt is the internal RX Volt ) . My Original Display do always show a Warning on change from the X8r to D8r .

EDIT: sorry some edits to get it better describe
Last edit: 03 May 2016 07:04 by Alexandro.

More
03 May 2016 20:13 #47695 by darker44
Replied by darker44 on topic New FrSkyX protocol
I was away for a few days.
I am back home and tested build '147' x4r-sb , devo 7e
I still don't have channel 11 and 12, don't know why, but others have it so maybe it is my fault, I don't know.

Thanks for your work!! :)

P.S. I was flying on old version 739 and everything went good. No lags, long range :)

More
03 May 2016 22:33 #47701 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic New FrSkyX protocol
I am mostly using 4k7 - 22k devider. As long as vout is below 3v3 any combination resistors can be used.

Why not enter the devider ratio direct: 4,68
If some voltage error, just tune a bit the value?

More
04 May 2016 02:16 #47709 by hexfet
Thanks gents. Test build updated - 047.
  • The AIN value (ADC2_ID telemetry) is moved to VOLT2 for consistency with Frsky. (The ADC1_ID telemetry value swaps to VOLT3)
  • The AD2GAIN value range is now 0.01 to 10.00 (1 to 1000 on Devo display). Long press jumps in steps of 100. Default is 100.
  • Fixed scaling on rx telemetry values
Name is still AD2GAIN because it is a multiplier :)

Would like some input on usability of the expanded AD2GAIN range. Probably easiest to set initially by editing the model file. Since Alex' testing showed a shorted input gives a zero reading a separate fixed offset correction shouldn't be needed.

Alex, I don't know any details about what you stated in the p.s. It may be related to the other "rx telemetry" values - ADC1_ID (now VOLT3) and BATT_ID (currently on VOLTA - shared with amp sensor voltage!). I'm not sure where they come from. These IDs don't fit with the rest of the s.port telemetry values - they're 8-bit and have a different ID scheme. You might see one or the other with the D8R or X8R.

More
04 May 2016 08:11 - 04 May 2016 08:11 #47717 by Alexandro
Hello,

Test Ver.047 ( Devo 8s / 7e )

8s and 7e do not show any Volt at V2, V3
7e adjusting the AD2GAIN is a bit to fast with the jumps, better to do a 5 or 10 Number jump with this speed ( 100 at moment)

greetings Alex

-> a connected Divider does set the Number to 0 with open loop ( tested with 147 at volt3 )
Last edit: 04 May 2016 08:11 by Alexandro.

More
04 May 2016 12:07 #47726 by hexfet
Ah yes. This telemetry is not supported on the 7e because it requires the s.port decoder which won't fit in the 7e. The telemetry test page has not been updated on the color screens, but you can put it in a box on the main page on the 8s.

I'll adjust the big step size.

More
04 May 2016 18:02 - 04 May 2016 18:04 #47755 by Alexandro
Hello,

Telemetry Volt2 on Devo 8s shows 0 Volt at the Box (Main Screen selected Box with Volt2 ) .
same on 7e

greetings Alex
Last edit: 04 May 2016 18:04 by Alexandro.

More
04 May 2016 18:16 #47757 by hexfet
It should appear as the TelemV2 value. if you put bothTelemV2 andTelemV3 on the main page, what is the background color in their boxes when telemetry is active?

What is your AD2GAIN value? Any change if set to 100?

It works in the 8s emulator....

More
05 May 2016 04:07 #47796 by hexfet
Test build is updated - 513.
Changed the AD2GAIN adjustment long press step size to 10.
Brought up-to-date with latest changes in DeviationTX.

More
05 May 2016 06:55 - 05 May 2016 06:56 #47802 by darker44
Replied by darker44 on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Test build - 513. devo 7e

Display:
There is no black box under the selected menu so you can't see what is there, because the font is transparent.
Last edit: 05 May 2016 06:56 by darker44.

More
05 May 2016 07:47 #47803 by Alexandro
Hello,
Test Ver. 513

Devo8s
Background is white and shows 0 Volt at Volt2,Volt3
Volt1 and RSSI are ok

Devo7e
Navigation Bar is white and Text to ( it should be Black and Text white )
Jumping Speed , i cant see. It is white on white :blink:
Volt1 and RSSI is ok
Volt2, Volt3 is 0 Volt with white Background.

-> Volt2 does show 0 Volt on booth TX, Navigation Bar is broken on 7e.

greetings Alex

More
05 May 2016 08:04 - 05 May 2016 08:09 #47804 by Arakon
Replied by Arakon on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Same here. Apparently something in the recent main code changed something about the menus etc.
Tried copying over media folder from 5.0.0 with no change, so it's not down to fonts themselves.
Last edit: 05 May 2016 08:09 by Arakon.

More
05 May 2016 13:02 #47817 by hexfet
The screen issue affects devo10 too. Only had time to glance at the main code change but it looks the likely culprit. Need to check the nightly build.

Alex, the white background indicates telemetry values are being updated though it seems all show white even if only one value updated. There's no movement from 0 no matter what the AIN input is set to? Could you check the TelemVAmp value also? It's another value that can come from the receiver (shared with hub current sensor voltage).

More
05 May 2016 17:40 #47832 by Alexandro
Hello,
done a long Test.

DEVO 8s

showing Volt2 , but the AD2Gain is to low. on 1000 the Volt is to low for a 1/10 Divider <- this was the Trap with showing 0 volt at around 50 ( Calculation Error ? 1000 is lower 1/10 )

AMP is ok
Alt is ok ( some later testing with compare to Tarins Numbers )

DEVO7e
here the same Setup does not show Volt2, it is only 0V
some Strange Thing is the Volt3 , it shows the same as Volt1 with out any working RX ?.
Testet the Volt2 with a fresh Restart, here the Background is Black. It does not get the Data from the RX <-

-> Devo 7e does not show Volt2, always 0V
-> Devo 7e not getting Data for Volt2, Background is Black. Or the lowest Recorded Number is the Black Background ?

-> Devo 8s AD2GAIN to low

greetings Alex

More
06 May 2016 02:04 #47849 by hexfet
Thanks for the details! Test build is updated - 18a.
- For this test the VOLT3 value is ADC2 without any gain. On VOLT2 I changed the equation a bit to make certain of the order of operations for multiplying by AD2GAIN.
- The highlighting problem is fixed. Need to make a PR to the main code for that. There are some other changes in appearance made by that same change (commit 8bdf866)

The 7e doesn't support Volt2 - it doesn't have room to support the required s.port decoder code. It shouldn't appear on the test page at all. I need to remove the possibility to assign to the main page. Same for Volt3 and TelemV3.

More
06 May 2016 03:05 #47854 by goophoba
Replied by goophoba on topic New FrSkyX protocol
Just found this topic and I am trying to piece together what D16 functionality may eventually be possible. Any idea of the limitations of Frsky telemetry for cell voltages on a 7e? I take it without the s.port decoder code it can't get any of that data.

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds