Deviation project already died???

More
19 Sep 2013 03:20 #13889 by vlad_vy
Deviation project already died??? was created by vlad_vy
Deviation project already died??? Any hope to continuation?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2013 04:17 #13890 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Deviation project already died???
I hope not.
PB is just too busy ATM, but even if he would leave the project, other forks would outlive...

More
19 Sep 2013 05:58 #13893 by Essen1
Replied by Essen1 on topic Deviation project already died???

FDR wrote: I hope not.
PB is just too busy ATM, but even if he would leave the project, other forks would outlive...

FDR,

It would be a shame if PB wouldn't continue. This has been one of the greatest projects in RC modeling involving an open source TX FW, next to the Taranis ERx9 stuff and it could only get better!

I hope PB can and will continue, given that it won't interfere with his professional and private life. But I'm sure he's aware of this and knows that Deviation TX has grown to a size where simply stopping it won't be, can't be and isn't an option...hopefully. :(

That man (PB) deserves a monument!

More
19 Sep 2013 06:23 #13895 by sllewji
Replied by sllewji on topic Deviation project already died???
I think the _team_ deserve a monument ;)

More
19 Sep 2013 06:29 #13896 by Essen1
Replied by Essen1 on topic Deviation project already died???

sllewji wrote: I think the _team_ deserve a monument ;)

You're right. I didn't mean to be disrespectful... :blush:

All of those guys who worked on it, yes.

More
19 Sep 2013 13:03 #13899 by blackmoon
Replied by blackmoon on topic Deviation project already died???
As all things in live : "family and food on the table" should take precedence above all else.

For me deviation has outgrown all of my expectations for a transmitter firmware, even tough some bugs need attention, it is useable as it is.

so, thank you PB and all the others that work on this project.

And long live Deviation!

More
23 Sep 2013 22:35 #14023 by misterpepper
Replied by misterpepper on topic Deviation project already died???
Another "thank you" to everybody involved in the Deviation project. I have been holding out for the next major revision to be released before updating my 7e. I am currently running a nightly from around June of this year. Would you recommend just updating to the most recent nightly instead of waiting for a new release? Feature-wise the only thing I am hoping for is Hisky protocol support.

More
14 Oct 2013 06:01 #14596 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Deviation project already died???
Two months without updates, what/who next?

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
14 Oct 2013 07:15 #14605 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Deviation project already died???
Good question.
I thought about opening a discussion about that topic and this is a good point to start.
I open a new thread in the development section to keep this clear.

More
17 Oct 2013 15:34 #14728 by jazzjohn
Replied by jazzjohn on topic Deviation project already died???
There are many users who very much appreciate the Deviation gift PB and the team have given to the RC community. I know that PB refuses to accept any compensation since he is doing this as a hobby and doesn't want to feel obligated. Very understandable.

However, may we contribute to a favorite non-profit cause in his and/or the team's name? The "no-obligation" clause will remain alive and well!

More
17 Oct 2013 18:23 #14734 by WheresWaldo
Replied by WheresWaldo on topic Deviation project already died???

jazzjohn wrote: There are many users who very much appreciate the Deviation gift PB and the team have given to the RC community. I know that PB refuses to accept any compensation since he is doing this as a hobby and doesn't want to feel obligated. Very understandable.

However, may we contribute to a favorite non-profit cause in his and/or the team's name? The "no-obligation" clause will remain alive and well!

I am sure there is a deserving charity there somewhere, but another thing you can do to help show appreciation would be to donate a bit of your time to the 3.1 project just starting up. It could be anything, like testing a new build, reporting anomalous behavior or even writing a paragraph that might better explain what a setting does. I know I could use some help documenting the model configuration options.

More
29 Oct 2013 03:39 #15107 by jazzjohn
Replied by jazzjohn on topic Deviation project already died???
Sure I'd be happy to help. I am not an expert user. I am still learning the basics of the interface, but would tackle anything I can help with such as documentation, testing, interface feedback, etc.

More
27 Nov 2013 23:31 #15945 by Felixrising
Replied by Felixrising on topic Deviation project already died???
Also think this is an awesome project. Amazing quality and would be great to see it expand, both in terms of project team and scope (more radios - eg Taranis)... anyway, DeviationTX is something that PB and all the team can be very proud of. B)

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds