telemetry temp on main screen?

More
19 Feb 2014 00:07 - 19 Feb 2014 00:47 #20553 by chris-nc
telemetry temp on main screen? was created by chris-nc
Using the DSMx or DSM2 protocol with telemetry enabled, I'm trying to configure two boxes on the main page, one for voltage, one for temp. When scrolling through the options for the box, the temperature option is missing. I know the temperature telemetry data is available as it is displayed on telemetry monitor page and updates with no issues.

Is this a bug? And if so, should I submit a bub report?

Thanks

EDIT: by the way, this is on a Devo 10 with version 4.0.1, if that helps.
Last edit: 19 Feb 2014 00:47 by chris-nc. Reason: additional info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2014 05:07 - 19 Feb 2014 06:13 #20566 by WheresWaldo
Replied by WheresWaldo on topic telemetry temp on main screen?
TelemTi - TelemT4 among other items are selectable on the main page config in box Big-box and Small-box. You could also select the telemetry page as Quick Menu1, Menu2 or Menu3.
Last edit: 19 Feb 2014 06:13 by WheresWaldo.

More
19 Feb 2014 07:49 - 19 Feb 2014 07:53 #20574 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic telemetry temp on main screen?
But it is not right for DSM2(X) telemetry. Temp is missing, I can see ..., Timer4, FadesA, FadesB, FadesL, FadesR, Loss, Holds, TelemV1, TelemV2, TelemRPM, Ch1,...
Last edit: 19 Feb 2014 07:53 by vlad_vy.

More
19 Feb 2014 12:26 #20578 by chris-nc
Replied by chris-nc on topic telemetry temp on main screen?
Exactly, I can see everything else in the list, it's just the 'temp' parameter that's missing from the list of selectable items for the main screen box configuration.

More
19 Feb 2014 17:17 - 19 Feb 2014 17:21 #20588 by WheresWaldo
Interesting, did not know it was protocol specific. Is this a bug or intentional behavior?
Last edit: 19 Feb 2014 17:21 by WheresWaldo.

More
20 Feb 2014 00:38 #20621 by gdrekuc
Replied by gdrekuc on topic telemetry temp on main screen?
On Devo12S happens the same, no TelemT1 or TelemT available on the screen editor.
The alarms settings are algo buggy for the dsmx protocol. The Volt1-Volt2 voltage range are inverted, Volt1 goes from 0 to 25.5 and Volt2 is unlimited. The telemetry module Tm1000 sends the main battery voltage into Volt1 so in a >6s setup the voltage range is not enough. The Temp range has no values, so it is selectable but is useless.

Have you already reported a bug?

More
20 Feb 2014 04:12 #20632 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic telemetry temp on main screen?
We can support 9 telemetry values to the main screen. I can make more available, but it would break the devo7e.

These are the available values. I can put them in any order, but only the 1st 9 will show up.
TELEM_DSM_FLOG_FADESA,
TELEM_DSM_FLOG_FADESB,
TELEM_DSM_FLOG_FADESL,
TELEM_DSM_FLOG_FADESR,
TELEM_DSM_FLOG_FRAMELOSS,
TELEM_DSM_FLOG_HOLDS,
TELEM_DSM_FLOG_VOLT1,
TELEM_DSM_FLOG_VOLT2,
TELEM_DSM_FLOG_RPM1,
TELEM_DSM_FLOG_TEMP1,

Maybe an order like this would make more sense?
TELEM_DSM_FLOG_VOLT1,
TELEM_DSM_FLOG_VOLT2,
TELEM_DSM_FLOG_RPM1,
TELEM_DSM_FLOG_TEMP1,
TELEM_DSM_FLOG_FADESA,
TELEM_DSM_FLOG_FADESB,
TELEM_DSM_FLOG_FADESL,
TELEM_DSM_FLOG_FADESR,
TELEM_DSM_FLOG_FRAMELOSS,
TELEM_DSM_FLOG_HOLDS,

More
20 Feb 2014 04:23 - 20 Feb 2014 04:27 #20633 by Kdean
Replied by Kdean on topic telemetry temp on main screen?
I dont know about the rest of the telemetry users, walkera and spectrum, but the rpm sensor is the least used for me. I dont even have an rpm sensor for my walkera telem setup. I can use a head speed calculator to get general head speed settings, and my cc ice esc's data log will tell me exactly where its at. Its more set and forget than the other possible sensors.

I would remove the rpm and put the temperature in the list of 9 possible sensors for display and alarm.

The rx signal sensors may be important to the fpv guys.
Last edit: 20 Feb 2014 04:27 by Kdean.

More
20 Feb 2014 05:05 - 20 Feb 2014 05:13 #20635 by vlad_vy
DSM2/X telemetry

1) By the way, at Telemetry config screen you can select many 'empty' sensors with 'Unknown' threshold. I think it's a bug.

2) It seems that 'Volt1' and 'Volt2' threshold limits interchanged or wrong. 'Volt2' (Rx battery) is totally unlimited (2000.0V) ???, but 'Volt1' (external voltage) limited to 25.5V.

3) 'Temp' threshold always '----' (not changeable).

TM1000 Telemetry module
RPM Range: 0 to 65,500
Flight Pack Voltage Range: 0–60V
Temperature Range: -40°F to 1000°F/ -40°C to 538°C
Receiver Volts: 0–8.0V
Last edit: 20 Feb 2014 05:13 by vlad_vy.

More
20 Feb 2014 09:33 #20644 by PhracturedBlue
Yeah I saw that. I'm not sure how easy it will be to fix, but definitely a bug. I'll check it out.

More
20 Feb 2014 15:56 #20651 by chris-nc
Awesome, thanks for the responses from everyone. I am very interested in being able to get good telemetry data (particularly since I purchased the TM1000 already). If there is anything I can do to assist (testing, etc.) just let me know. I appreciate the efforts.

Oh, and for what it's worth, RPM data would be good to keep in the list, as it is part of the basic TM1000 capability from Spektrum (and one I hope to use). At least for my Devo 10 B)

Chris

More
20 Feb 2014 20:51 #20663 by gdrekuc
Replied by gdrekuc on topic telemetry temp on main screen?
In my opinion holds and lost frames are more important than fades and it will be interesting to have them showed on the main screen. As fades occur frecuently they are not much of a concern, but 30 o more lost or 1 hold frame after a flight requires an immediate action. During the flight an erratic atttitude cause can be found just peeking the main screen looking for holds...

Gus

More
21 Feb 2014 03:17 - 21 Feb 2014 03:18 #20674 by vlad_vy
For me, it has not big sense to support Tx (Devo7e), that limit features for all others Tx. At least full support. For now DSM2/X protocol has not future for evolution, as it limited by Devo7e. The same thing has place for other features and protocols. Bad thing for project evolution.
Last edit: 21 Feb 2014 03:18 by vlad_vy.

More
21 Feb 2014 03:52 #20676 by WheresWaldo

vlad_vy wrote: For me, it has not big sense to support Tx (Devo7e), that limit features for all others Tx. At least full support. For now DSM2/X protocol has not future for evolution, as it limited by Devo7e. The same thing has place for other features and protocols. Bad thing for project evolution.

Agree 100%, the 7e should be a subset of what is possible with deviation and not the standard.

More
21 Feb 2014 04:21 #20680 by PhracturedBlue
Another way to look at it is that most Deviation development is limited by my availability and interest in working on any given task.

For the most part the things that get done fastest are the things other people do the development for.

More
28 Feb 2014 01:15 #20943 by chris-nc
So I'm just checking back in on this thread to see if there are any ideas on a resolution? While I have some basic coding skills, there is no way I can contribute, but I completely understand the effort involved. Is there a contributing programmer that may be able to issue a fix for at least having the option of the 'temp' parameter added to the list of items available to display on the main screen (preferably in a box)?

More
28 Feb 2014 03:14 #20946 by PhracturedBlue
code fix was already released to the nightly builds.

More
28 Feb 2014 12:55 #20957 by chris-nc
Thanks PB. I appreciate the quick response.

I guess my next question is: is there any reason to be concerned with the stability of the nightly build releases? Would hate to lose my 500X to glitch.

More
28 Feb 2014 14:05 #20963 by WheresWaldo
chris_nc, I use every nightly plus some of the stuff sbsntp adds in my Devo10. I also added the nrf24L01 module to fly my HiSky micro. The only glitch I have ever had while flying is the ones from my brain to my thumbs.

I also have a Trex500 clone and as soon as I get my gyro will be adding a CopterX CX250SES.

More
28 Feb 2014 14:21 #20965 by chris-nc
Hey thanks Waldo. I appreciate the feedback. I'll grab the nightly and do some testing with my other heli's as well.

I'm also using a Devo 10.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds