8S touchscreen calibration error

More
14 Oct 2015 21:24 #38819 by micro
8S touchscreen calibration error was created by micro
I have 2 walkera 8s tx and decided to upgrade the 2nd one to deviation also as a backup, it';s only a sim tx so might as well.

All went as expected until the touchscreen calibration which lets me complete the first two (top left and bottom right), then for any after this just displayed the coordiates of the press in numbers, forever.

I searched this forum and found nothing under 'screen calibrate error' or similar but found the same issue here mentioned that has not been resolved.
www.deviationtx.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=557&history=1

The touch screen is unusable as is. Is there a fix?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2015 10:25 #38847 by micro
Replied by micro on topic 8S touchscreen calibration error
Another reference of very similar issue

He sorted it somehow but doesn't list how or reply as yet. But now I feel this is long time outstanding if he has same 2 years ago.

Why does deviation touch calibration work on one 8s but not the other is firmware is identical and method of flashing is also identical.

Hope someone can help

More
17 Oct 2015 11:10 #38958 by richardclli
Replied by richardclli on topic 8S touchscreen calibration error
Devo 8S sometimes will have problem in the touch screen. To solve such problem, you can follow these steps.

1. Switch off devo8s
2. use a name card to put into the edges to clean the edges of the touchscreen
3. recaibrate the screen

When there are too much dirt in the edge of the screen, it may press the edges and cause drifts in touch sensing. Cleaning the screen edges will solve the problem.

More
02 Apr 2019 17:04 #73666 by Don B
Replied by Don B on topic 8S touchscreen calibration error

richardclli wrote: Devo 8S sometimes will have problem in the touch screen. To solve such problem, you can follow these steps.

1. Switch off devo8s
2. use a name card to put into the edges to clean the edges of the touchscreen
3. recaibrate the screen

When there are too much dirt in the edge of the screen, it may press the edges and cause drifts in touch sensing. Cleaning the screen edges will solve the problem.

I know this is an old post but I thought I would add a bit of info to it, I was having the exact same issue as the original poster but cleaning around the edges of the screen was inadequate.
I dismantled the radio enough to remove the touchscreen and found a very thin sticky silicone gasket which had attracted a lot of small particles, after cleaning the screen and replacing it without using the silicone gasket the radio resumed working perfectly.

More
09 Nov 2019 00:22 - 09 Nov 2019 00:50 #75425 by Birdman
Replied by Birdman on topic 8S touchscreen calibration error
Yes old post i know, but here is my experience.

My touch screen would work intermittently, sometimes work, sometimes not work and sometimes with strange behaviour like not calibrate or have error.

I tried all of above and more. I cleaned screen, I removed silicon, and even replaced controller (TSC2008) and nothing would fix it. Then I did some research to see how resistive touch screen work. What i found was there are 2 axis, x and y, and each one should have some resistance, one around low 600 ohms the other around mid 300 ohm, this is for 8s 2.8 screen. Touch screen was not working, one axis (top layer) read 0 ohm. I traced problem to connection at screen itself as shown in pic. Also shown is where to measure with DMM.

I think problem may arise from exposure to heat, hot sun or hot car, this connection I think is only bonded, not sure. This tx bought in used condition, history unknown.

Screen is now working good for 2 - 3 weeks.

Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Nov 2019 00:50 by Birdman.

More
24 Feb 2020 14:12 #75966 by Birdman
Replied by Birdman on topic 8S touchscreen calibration error
If your touch screen won't calibrate correctly or will not work at all it is most likely screen itself not TSC2008 controller. Touch screen (not LCD) can be replaced, did one today.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds