Eachine wizzard x220

More
14 Nov 2016 15:03 #55924 by bmw2444
Eachine wizzard x220 was created by bmw2444
Can the arf version eachine wizzard x220 be flown with the devo 10 using a receiver? It comes with the Blheli-SF3 6DOF Beta flight 2.9.1. Can be purchased at banggood.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2016 02:41 #55937 by Mikek
Replied by Mikek on topic Eachine wizzard x220
What reciver does it have? Most likely flysky so yes, devo with deviation and solder in extra module it can fly it.

More
16 Nov 2016 02:31 #55954 by coolwithpie
Replied by coolwithpie on topic Eachine wizzard x220
The ARF version doesn't come with a receiver, you need to buy your own, so you would just buy a receiver compatible with any Deviation protocols.
The RTF version comes with a Flysky reciever, so it should be supported.

More
25 Nov 2016 01:24 #56261 by jboehm
Replied by jboehm on topic Eachine wizzard x220
I'm very interested in this topic. I hope I don't fork the thread by mentioning that I have a Devo 7e. I want to make the jump to a racer with the Eachine wizzard x220, but this would be my first ARF. I know nothing about receivers. Where do I start looking? BTW I have the NRF24L01 and A7105 modules in addition the default.

Thanks

More
27 Nov 2016 03:44 #56312 by jboehm
What receiver did you end up getting?

More
10 Jan 2017 19:20 #57798 by moe from TBG
Replied by moe from TBG on topic Eachine wizzard x220
OK, here is my current on going issue. I bought the x220 ARF and I have a Devo 7e. I am very new to the hobby and was looking forward to buying a Devo receiver and then bind and fly. The world is not that simple though. The Eachine Wizzard x220 has connectors severed on the Flight controller. Basically only three wires come off the FC. The Eachine wizzard x220 is set up to be bound only via PPM. What this means to a novice like me is that I need a new receiver that is able to do PPM or I need a new connector that has all the wires. Since I am a novice, I have no idea what connector to buy. The receiver I own is the Walkera 6CH 2.4Ghz RX601. So because I don't know what connector to order and my googling skills didn't help, I ordered the OrangeRx R215x. It comes in today and I am hopeful, because it works with PPM. My new obstetrical will be how to configure my Devo 7e with Deviation to output PPM and have it work.

More
10 Jan 2017 19:24 - 10 Jan 2017 19:28 #57799 by jboehm
Thanks for the update. Please keep let us know how it goes, blow by blow. I'm very interested.

Did you do the range mod on your Devo 7e? Are you intending to use the default Devo module?

Can you post a link to the OrangeRx R215x, please? A quick google didn't find anything.
Last edit: 10 Jan 2017 19:28 by jboehm.

More
10 Jan 2017 19:34 #57800 by moe from TBG
I didn't do the range mod. I have only added the NRF24L01 mod. Although, this mod will not effect anything for what i am doing here. The OrangeRx R215x uses the protocols DSM2 and DSMX. So, the Dev0 7e with deviation will do that.

www.amazon.com/OrangeRx-R615X-Compatible...ceiver/dp/B00HZSD8UO

More
10 Jan 2017 19:38 #57801 by moe from TBG
One more thing, There is a guy on Youtube (SeBy DocKy) who showes a video of him flying an x220 using a 7e.

More
11 Jan 2017 20:53 #57836 by moe from TBG
I flew the Eachine x220 Wizard with my Devo 7e! I used the OrangeRx R215x with the Wizard X220 ARF. What I had to do was bind the OrangeRx R215x to my Devo 7e (with Deviaton). I used the protocol DSMX. Within that protocol I set it up to bind to a OrangeRx. The next thing I needed to do was set up my switches to work on Aux1 and Aux2 Via the mixer. In Betaflight I had to assign one switch to an arming switch and the other to Accro mode or Air mode. If you don't assign an arming switch in Betaflight , the Tx will not show that it is working with the quad.

More
11 Jan 2017 21:30 #57837 by jboehm
After you get a model file that you like, please post it.

Sorry for my confusion but the link you provided above is for the R615X and I don't turn anything up when I google "OrangeRx R215x". Can you clear this up??

Have you done a range test?

Thanks

More
11 Jan 2017 22:36 #57838 by moe from TBG
sorry, OrangeRx R615Xis what I have. I suck at typing. I have yet to ever do a range taste. I am to much of a noob to do that yet.

More
03 Feb 2017 02:22 #58680 by tomecas
Replied by tomecas on topic DEVO 7 + Eachine wizzard x220 ?
Hello, I am new on this. Basically I would like to know if I buy an eachine wizard x220, is it possible to use a devo 7?
if yes ...how?
If not, which receiver should I buy?
(I was looking for a FlySky radio and receiver but I don't know the difference between FS-iA6 and iA6...

Thanks!

More
03 Feb 2017 20:13 #58710 by moe from TBG
Replied by moe from TBG on topic DEVO 7 + Eachine wizzard x220 ?
You can't do it unless you have done the extended range mod on the devo 7e. What you could do is get a Rx that is native to Devo 7e that does PPM

More
03 Feb 2017 20:19 #58711 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Eachine wizzard x220
But he is talking about a DEVO 7 (not 7E), so the only option is a DEVO RX, which is also PPM capable, which is for example the DEVO RX703A...

More
03 Feb 2017 21:22 #58714 by tomecas
Replied by tomecas on topic Eachine wizzard x220
so does it mean that in the main power board I have those pins to plug the receiver right? is that a PPM?

More
06 Feb 2017 15:26 #58823 by moe from TBG
the DEVO RX703A says it's PPM, so its worth a shot

More
28 Mar 2017 10:08 #60851 by Dvdv.
Replied by Dvdv. on topic Eachine wizzard x220
Hi all, I'm also trying to get my head around with the same set up. Anyone managed so far?

My set-up:
-wizard x220
-devo 10 (no mod, everything default yet)
-RX703a and RX1002

First I got the RX1002 to use it as RX for the wizard but since I'm also nooby I figured that it needs ppm RX ooor i could start to modify the connection to the flight controller and make it work. Also found a YouTube video which explains it pretty good.

Anyway in the end I opened up my walkers qrx350pro and found an RX703a in it. That is ppm so I removed and attached to the wizard.

In Beta flight I could see that there is connection between the tx the RX and the flightcontroller. But yet the motors did not spin up.

Then I figured that they are not armed and the aux2 port is not assigned to the arming option.

I did that in beta flight but now if I arm the motors they start to spin in a somewhat slow rpm number but once I try to control it with the TX (devo 10 default) it seems like the motors go crazy. Some point they just start to speed up and no control over them with the devo 10. Only thing I can do to stop it is if I disarm the motors with the aux2.

It might be just some settings in beta flight but yet I'm not sure what is what there.

Anyone any hints on the matter? I have the feeling that also my output settings are wrong in the DEVO 10 and that causes the problem.

More
28 Mar 2017 13:14 #60855 by tomecas
Replied by tomecas on topic Eachine wizzard x220
Good to know you could set all that up.. i quit and bought a flysky fs i6x...

Basically what happens with your motors (happened the same with me and got frustrated but...) the sensors, with no props are trying to "tell" the quad that it is not flying so they speed up.. and still not flying and they speed up and so on... to correct the error. If you put props on it is totally fine. I read it is a normal behaviour with all the quads if you push throttle on configurator with your radio without props. (Ans dont know the link but if you search FAQ betaflight and then Why my motors keep speeding up? you can check waht i explained you. Good luck!

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds