Nightly builds

More
15 Aug 2019 18:11 #74901 by propnut
Replied by propnut on topic Nightly builds
I only tried on the devo7e and when I go into the telemetry screen firstly the display is not right. The whole page is blank except for Volt/AMP at the top. Then when I try and exit the radio reboots and this is consistent. Yes I did a full install.

I will happily try on the other radios and report back but I go to Mexico tonight for two weeks so will have to be when I get back.

I am a big OpenSource fan having used Linux since 1994 and have done similar for many projects over the years. Recently I worked with Hexfet recently to iron out the bugs on the FlySky altitude sensor.

Will report back once I have tested

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2019 03:19 #74916 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-
Replied by -=Hubi-Dirk=- on topic Nightly builds

Moeder wrote: Well, the project isn‘t dead, but there are unfortunately only very few active developers right now. This and summertime with many other things to do might lead to the impression the project is dead.

Thanks Moeder and all other developers for keeping Deviation going.

More
16 Nov 2019 00:45 #75441 by gdenton
Replied by gdenton on topic Nightly builds
Are the nightly builds still failing because of not fitting on the Devo 6?

vlad has suggested on another thread that anybody that uses a common "4-in-1" module can disable HAS_4IN1_FLASH and HAS_MULTIMOD_SUPPORT without any problems.
I tried this and it indeeds fits - ROM = 234.84kB

I also tried disabling the STANDARD GUI, ROM = 226.80kB

I also tried enabling the LTO option (without disabling HAS_4IN1_FLASH, HAS_MULTIMOD_SUPPORT or STANDARD GUI) and ROM = 230.5kB, but I have not programmed my TX with this so I don't know if it broke anything...

Would it be possible/desirable to change the Devo6 filesystem to how the Devo7E is?

Is it time to disable some of the older 'toy' protocols and see if anyone squeals?

I'm sure some of you are familiar with OpenTX, using their Companion GUI a user indicates what options they desire and a build is remotely executed with those options.

The Multiprotocol project has a simple config file a user can edit and choose what protocols and options to include, and since it is compiled in the Arduino IDE it's much simpler for non-programmers.

Looking back, if the 4-in-1 modules made for Devo TX's had a processor onboard like the ones made for the Multiprotocol project, that would have freed up lots of space since the protocols reside on the module.

So - can one of the mods make the changes vlad suggested, even if temporarily, to get the nightly builds going again?

More
25 Nov 2019 01:09 #75472 by belrik
Replied by belrik on topic Nightly builds
Owner of a T8SG plus v2, was looking to upgrade from the factory firmware as there was a mention of reduced frskyX latency when crossfire support was added.

Is the last nightly (2019-06-09) a good build without glaring bugs? Was hoping to see newer builds and the banner from TravisCI saying that builds are failing makes me a bit cautious!

Saw mentions of the firmware out-growing older transmitters. Sounds like BetaFlight with the F1 then F3 boards- time to drop features from those builds and point users to custom builds if they need those features.

Really hope that the Jumper T8SGv2 plug keeps going, the size of this controller is so comfortable.

Thanks!

More
01 Dec 2019 07:39 #75507 by -=Hubi-Dirk=-
Replied by -=Hubi-Dirk=- on topic Nightly builds
There seems to be new working Nightlies at the Downloadsection.

More
01 Dec 2019 17:29 - 01 Dec 2019 17:34 #75509 by Alf-1234
Replied by Alf-1234 on topic Nightly builds
Super, Hubi Dirk that there is a new build here again.:)
What's new about this build?

Super, Hubi Dirk das es hier mal wieder ein neues Build gibt.
Was ist an diesem Build neu?
Last edit: 01 Dec 2019 17:34 by Alf-1234.

More
01 Dec 2019 21:48 #75510 by eried
Replied by eried on topic Nightly builds
Not much new stuff, from jun to dec builds you can see that there is like 8 commits: github.com/DeviationTX/deviation/commits/master

More
02 Dec 2019 10:02 #75511 by Alf-1234
Replied by Alf-1234 on topic Nightly builds
Ich habe gesehen, dass es heute wieder ein neues Build gegeben hat.
Was ist neu an diesem Build im Gegensatz zu gestern?

I saw that there was a new build today.
What's new about this build as opposed to yesterday?

More
28 Mar 2020 07:50 #76117 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Nightly builds
It seems that nightly builds from 2020-03-24 are not loading in Downloads.

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds