NEW to Deviation and T8SG PLUS

More
12 Feb 2019 21:52 #72878 by Alghisi
NEW to Deviation and T8SG PLUS was created by Alghisi
Hi everybody
My name is Daniel, new to Deviation and T8SG PLUS.
I'm having problems trying to bind my radio with Frsky X6R receiver, and drones like LiDi RC L15W (SYMA clone), Goolsky FQ17W, JJR/C SOL, or Top Race TR-C285 airplane.
T8SG V2 PLUS FW: t8sg_v2plus_v5.0.0-e801244
I'm following manual and tutorials with no result, do you know if there are other details like moving sticks or switches to activate or confirm binding? Or the receivers I have are not compatible with my radio?
thank you for help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 10:00 #74963 by Cstdf
Replied by Cstdf on topic NEW to Deviation and T8SG PLUS
Have you solved a problem? I have the same problem with lidi l15w. I wanto bind ludi l15w wirh jumper t8sg.

• Kentuckian
  • Home is Bullitt County, Ky
More
26 Aug 2019 03:00 #74998 by Kentuckian
Replied by Kentuckian on topic NEW to Deviation and T8SG PLUS
I'm learning that only a few folks here will reply to noob questions. Many thanks to those few. I'm on the lower rungs of the learning curve myself, so the best to ya'll.

Live in FailSafe mode

More
12 Oct 2019 04:48 #75233 by Crzyruss80
Replied by Crzyruss80 on topic NEW to Deviation and T8SG PLUS
I dont have an answer for you but hopefully you have figured it out. But since you understand the noobie thing.
Did your T8 come with protocals installed? Mine has nothing Im going through the steps and having trouble getting it to download anything
I just wanted to know if when you got yours if the receivers to bind were already loaded. Most youtubes ive seen all have them already on it

More
12 Oct 2019 07:35 #75234 by propnut
Replied by propnut on topic NEW to Deviation and T8SG PLUS
You guys need to read the manuals and see which protocols are supported. There is a huge list but not ALL are and unfortunately you are just going to have to live with that. This project used to be very active but it has seemed to slow...I suppose perhaps either some of the developers have moved onto different radio systems e.g. OpenTX or are just busy with their lives. The fact that Walkera no longer makes these radios and Jumper are focusing of OpenTX doesn't help either.

Either way there is still a wealth of experience here so spending some time using the search or even Google will back big dividends.

• Kentuckian
  • Home is Bullitt County, Ky
More
14 Oct 2019 05:42 #75247 by Kentuckian
Replied by Kentuckian on topic NEW to Deviation and T8SG PLUS
It's been disappointing to noobs like myself and others I've seen. This is not what was expected in many cases. You lay down $130 for a new Jumper tx and find out that's just the beginning. Now you have to figure out not so much how to work it as to how it works. It isn't an expected from the outside in learning curve but rather from the inside out. I worked for a month to finally be able to fly the Bugs 3 and Bugs 3 mini. Thanks to David Dawson and "Pizza Cat" who provided needed assistance. I downloaded Bayang protocol scripts from Micro Warehouse members forum and so could fly my whoops. I've convinced myself that those accomplishments gave me my money's worth maybe. If Jumper's jumped ship on Deviation I wish I had known so I could have bought the T12 instead. I foresee buying an 80mm cine whoop that will use still another protocol but I'll make sure I find the script first from someone with my Jumper model , FW AND who flys the drone before buying it. A backwards way to go about it but it'll do. This part of the hobby is the most challenging for me but it seems to be the most entertaining to others. I think some folks here prefer to code, tinker, test and modify more than actually flying their RC crafts, Lol. But hey, I'm doing okay for an older guy new to the hobby ;) . I'm praying to connect to some local hobbyists as I know no other droners in this small Southern community. Blessings to ya'll ! Flying these birds is fun and relaxing.

Live in FailSafe mode

More
15 Oct 2019 05:59 #75259 by propnut
Replied by propnut on topic NEW to Deviation and T8SG PLUS
T12 or T8 you will come up with different challenges. Yes it is frustrating that Jumper decided to seemingly dump DeviationTX but perhaps they saw the writing on the wall. The project definitely seems to have stalled which is shown by the fact that there have been no new nightly builds for a long time. Compare that to OpenTX who have just released their latest version 2.3.1 with 2.3.2 already on the road map.

Having said that though I use both and both are good in their own right. I have a T8SGv2 Plus and the T12 and use them both interchangeably. I honestly think that in most cases Deviation is easier to configure for a beginner and has way better support for multi-protocol telemetry. I can get RSSI, Battery, etc from nearly all my drones with my T8SG whereas with the T12 it is very hit and miss. OpenTX is very much tuned towards FrSky BUT o support the multi-protocol module (just not all features)

As such don't despair you have a good radio there just be realistic you are NOT going to be able to fly every model ONLY the ones that are supported and this will be the SAME whether you use OpenTX or DeviationTX. You should research the drone before buying and ensure it is supported.

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds