Flash successfully, able to bind but...

More
09 Sep 2012 19:06 #1423 by gabeo
I don't know if it's just me, but I can't use Deviation to actually fly my Mini CP. I've calibrated and everything, but when I look at the channels, it's kind crazy looking. For example, if I just barely budge the right stick, channel 1 goes to 150 instantly and channel 6 goes from 139 to -150 instantly. Then when I let go of the sticks, those channels will flutter up and down. So obviously this just results in the servos on my mini going crazy. Looking at the inputs, they show stick movement properly. What am I doing wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2012 19:10 #1424 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Flash successfully, able to bind but...
Try calibrating your sticks first...

More
09 Sep 2012 19:22 #1425 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Flash successfully, able to bind but...
Also, post your model.ini file and tx.ini file. I can test your setup and see what is going wrong.

More
09 Sep 2012 19:36 #1427 by gabeo
Replied by gabeo on topic Flash successfully, able to bind but...
As I stated in my initial post, I've calibrated my sticks. It doesn't have any effect.

I figured it out. The included 6ch Helicopter template is what was causing the problems. I noticed because if I switched to the simple 4ch template, it worked properly. So I switched back to the 6ch heli template and changed the ELE and AIL under Mixer to be "Simple" instead of Cyclic1 and Cyclic2. Not sure what's up with those templates or where they're configured.

I've almost got it going, I just need to find how to configure the rudder gyro. I'm assuming it's a config for one of the channels. I thought it was channel 5. But I'm not sure what to do with it. I don't see anything in the manual about Gyro settings.

More
09 Sep 2012 20:05 #1430 by gabeo
Ok figured out a little more about what was going on with the channels. The DR configs for AIL and ELE seem to be wrong. They're configured to drop to 0 (and stay at 0) below mid stick, instead of being at all linear. I'm not sure if they maybe got corrupted when I installed, or what, but these were how they were included. Watching the little orb move as I move the sticks also explains why I was getting the fluttering; it bounces between 0 and mid since the drop off is instant.

If I restore the Cyclic1 and Cyclic2 for AIL and ELE, they function normally as long as I don't flip the DR switch.

I don't need the DR functionality right now (until I figured out how to fix the curve). Like I said, currently the only thing left to make this useable is figuring out how to enable the HH gyro.

More
09 Sep 2012 20:07 #1431 by gabeo
Oh, I just noticed there's no cyclic gyro/FBL gyro functionality either :(

More
09 Sep 2012 20:09 #1432 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Flash successfully, able to bind but...
Configure some high gyro value on Ch7

More
09 Sep 2012 20:18 #1433 by gabeo
How? My options for ch7 are Simple, Exp&DR, Complex and Cyclic1-3. And in each of those, I don't see anything referring to what could be construed as a gyro setting.

More
09 Sep 2012 20:29 #1435 by gabeo
Found it! Configuring the mix switch does it.

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds