Wishlist

More
10 Sep 2012 19:21 #1475 by kcornels
Wishlist was created by kcornels
at first I want to thank the complete team of this great project. It's extremly usefull for pilots of microhelis with the old Wk-Recievers, the new Devo Stuff and the products from Eflite with one extremly costeffective transmitter... . (Exspecially since it has been completed just in time, I had planed to buy a DX6 for my MCPX today :woohoo: ).

Playing with the emulator, I have found some minor points, that could be improved (perhaps)... .

- Timer: It would be great to have a Reset Button.
- DR-Expo: Sometimes you need values bigger than 100% (for example 125) for some channels. Currently it's possible to get this with a second mixer, with the same source, that adds to the first, but alowing values bigger than 100% for the scale factor would be great
- Binding for DSM2: Some kind of "autobinding" would improve the handling massivly
- do you plan support for telemetrie in the future ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Sep 2012 19:28 #1478 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Wishlist

kcornels wrote: - Timer: It would be great to have a Reset Button.

You can reset it with a long click on it's box.

kcornels wrote: - DR-Expo: Sometimes you need values bigger than 100% (for example 125) for some channels. Currently it's possible to get this with a second mixer, with the same source, that adds to the first, but alowing values bigger than 100% for the scale factor would be great

You can scale a channel output beyond 100% on the channel setup page with the scale value.

kcornels wrote: - do you plan support for telemetrie in the future ?

Definitely. But it's up to PhracturedBlue... ;)

More
10 Sep 2012 19:38 #1479 by kcornels
Replied by kcornels on topic Wishlist
many thanks for your answer... .

More
10 Sep 2012 19:38 - 10 Sep 2012 19:42 #1480 by FDR

FDR wrote:

kcornels wrote: - DR-Expo: Sometimes you need values bigger than 100% (for example 125) for some channels. Currently it's possible to get this with a second mixer, with the same source, that adds to the first, but alowing values bigger than 100% for the scale factor would be great

You can scale a channel output beyond 100% on the channel setup page with the scale value.

I've forgot to mention, that you won't see it on the channels screen, because scaling (and the limiting, subtrimming and reversing) happens at the final stage, after all the mixers...

EDIT: After checking, I have to refine it again: The bargraphs do not show values over 100%, but it is displayed with a number...
Last edit: 10 Sep 2012 19:42 by FDR.

More
10 Sep 2012 20:22 #1484 by kcornels
Replied by kcornels on topic Wishlist
I had tried to get the >100 value with the DR mixer and I havn't looked at the channel properties. :blush:

More
11 Sep 2012 01:06 #1493 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Wishlist

kcornels wrote: I had tried to get the >100 value with the DR mixer and I havn't looked at the channel properties. :blush:

This needs to go into the User's manual.
It would be really helpful for me if you file tickets on things like this here:
bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation/issues/new

With all the comments and questions, I'm going to get overwhelmed soon and going to forget about things that need doing. Getting them on my todo list is the best way to prevent that from happening.

More
11 Sep 2012 04:26 #1504 by FDR
No, it's not on the mixer page, but in the channel page, i.e. the left button on the list...

More
11 Sep 2012 07:08 #1512 by crasy666
Replied by crasy666 on topic Wishlist
Hello FDR,

first of all, I would like to share my highest recognition to you and your colleagues, what you have created with this Firmware.

I tried it on the emmulator first and to be honest, I was flabbergast about all the different features and settings, like mixer, curves, and other settings. If somebody is coming from the "Devo menu" it is a little bit complicated, as you are still the "devo world" in your mind, but you have to forget that and read the manual to understand your ideas, since the Deviation FW need to work with different protocols, it might me a must to have such a lot of mixer and settings.

e.g. I detected already the way to create a trottle hold with the rudder DR switch, by doing a complex mixer, with a page 5 that is triggered by the rudder DR switch, I searched first for a "trottle hold" menu.

I was also struggeling with the DR rates like Kcornels (we discuss the FW also in the German RClineforum and not all are good in English). Since I need for the Quad a much higher DR rates on Elv. Ail. and Rud and also on my microheli on the rudder, the add mixer was only working when we increase for this channel the scale factor, than it is working. But perhaps you can add this DR menu to the Expo mixer to have it as a "standard point". To avoid damages on the servo, I would propose to set per default the servo travel way to 100%. than each user has to active extend it, as on the devo menu, so should know what he is doing.

I will continue to learn on the SIM before loading it to my real Devo, I want to understand the menu fully.

Last but not least, pls. don't see my comments as a critic, I fully understand that it is totally easy for you to set everything, since you know each line of the source code, but of us as "simple Devo user" it is a little bit harder at least during the beginning.

Best Regards from Bavaria

crasy666

More
11 Sep 2012 13:23 #1519 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Wishlist

crasy666 wrote: I was also struggeling with the DR rates like Kcornels (we discuss the FW also in the German RClineforum and not all are good in English). Since I need for the Quad a much higher DR rates on Elv. Ail. and Rud and also on my microheli on the rudder, the add mixer was only working when we increase for this channel the scale factor, than it is working. But perhaps you can add this DR menu to the Expo mixer to have it as a "standard point". To avoid damages on the servo, I would propose to set per default the servo travel way to 100%. than each user has to active extend it, as on the devo menu, so should know what he is doing.

I considered this for a longtime. It is as easy as allowing the scalar to go > 100%. The problem is that things don't really work well if you chain mixers together when their values are > 100%. I can't apply a curve at more than 100% so you end up with the code not working like you expect. In the end what we have is just a different concept.
Treat '100%' in the mixer pages as 'full servvo throw' not '100% servo throw'. so if you want high rates to be 150% and low rates to be 100%, set the high-rate value to 100% and the low rate value to 66% (100/150 = 66). Then on the channel page set the scalar to 150 and you have what you want.

I really recommend NOT using the 'add' mixer as a mechanism to get above 100%. It will not necessarily behave as you expect at maximum throw.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds