Binding Issues with OrangeRX R615X

More
18 Mar 2015 05:23 #29808 by crazyairborne
Binding Issues with OrangeRX R615X was created by crazyairborne
Ok so Im new at this so the answer might be very obvious. Im working on my first quad build and bought an OrangeRX R615x. Im trying to get it to bind with my 7e. Im running 4.0.1 as well as an additional module installed and working perfectly for my Syma quads. Im following bind instructions from here :

and my lights are all blinking just like in his video, even resting at a steady on light, except my transmitter never fully connects, it just sits on the "Binding Model, Press ENT to stop, 0 seconds left"

as it just stays on this screen, the RX stays the steady on light just like in the video when is supposed to be connected.

Anyone have any advice or thoughts? very frustrating

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Mar 2015 06:37 #29812 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Binding Issues with OrangeRX R615X
There's a known bug that causes the box to not vanish when after things bind. Just hit ENT or EXT, and see if you can control the aircraft.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
18 Mar 2015 15:20 #29832 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Binding Issues with OrangeRX R615X
I get that all the time, a button press doesn't fix it for me, I have to shut everything down and then power it back up and re-bind. Sometimes 3 or 4 times. Once you get the 3-beep tone (from the Tx) you're bound.

What's strange is the bind light on the rx comes on, the model thinks it's bound and stops trying but the devo still displays "binding to ...", just try a few times till you get the bind confirmation toneout from the tx and be good.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
18 Mar 2015 16:35 #29834 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Binding Issues with OrangeRX R615X
Does moving the sticks exit the bind dialog?

More
18 Mar 2015 19:28 - 18 Mar 2015 19:47 #29838 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic Binding Issues with OrangeRX R615X
Use your own fixed ID. Not the 123456......Then there is no request for bind or something else.
The RX615 binds within the same second the devo is switched on.

Edit:
I am using DSMX, so there is no slow flashing.....

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 18 Mar 2015 19:47 by aMax. Reason: Edit

More
19 Mar 2015 00:06 #29855 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic Binding Issues with OrangeRX R615X

Cereal_Killer wrote: I get that all the time, a button press doesn't fix it for me, I have to shut everything down and then power it back up and re-bind. Sometimes 3 or 4 times. Once you get the 3-beep tone (from the Tx) you're bound.

What's strange is the bind light on the rx comes on, the model thinks it's bound and stops trying but the devo still displays "binding to ...", just try a few times till you get the bind confirmation toneout from the tx and be good.

I get this behavior on my Proto X, using the hubsan X4 protocol. The quad lights stop blinking, the Tx stays in "binding to..." mode. Buttons exit the box, but the quad doesn't respond. The quad has to be shut off to go back to bind mode, and it won't bind properly unless I turn off the Tx as well.

So possibly this isn't a DSM issue, but somewhere in the bind code.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
22 Mar 2015 18:26 #30063 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Binding Issues with OrangeRX R615X
It slipped my mind but I also get this on my protoX (both of them actually). So to reiterate- both my protoX's and my Orange R615 satellite (multiwii) do this same behavior. The ProtoX's actually do it much more, nearly every time I fly one of them will do it, the Orange however only does it every once in a while, maybe a few times a week total (out of 25-35 power up's in that time).

I'll be able to add more data shortly as I have a CC3D on route (will also be using the R615x satellite). I'll go ahead and try it with the same exact rx unit as I'm getting the issue with on multiwii. If I have the issue there I'll make a new thread about it.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds