T8SG and the E010 Binding Problem

More
02 May 2018 01:48 #68966 by RayHoll68
T8SG and the E010 Binding Problem was created by RayHoll68
I have a T8SG with V5.x,.x-2017-10-11 FirmWare.
I have several Eachine E010's
They bind to any of the stock Transmitters. [So I know the fliers are all working.]
But Only One of the three E010's ive tried will bind with the T8SG.
I have been searching the web for an answer to this.
I have found others with this problem, but no definite solution.
I really want to use the T8SG to control ALL my E010's.
because the one that does bind flies like a New Machine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2018 05:19 #68969 by M8A4X
Replied by M8A4X on topic T8SG and the E010 Binding Problem
Hi!
It could be a problem with the built in 4in1 module of the T8SG.
In the 4in1 modules for Walkera Devo TX´s there was (is?) a clone NRF24L01+ RF chip installed which is a bit out of specification for certain protocols. You can find some information here: E010 bind problems and here: 4in1 module NRF24L01+ clone specs and fix

It also happened to me, I got two 4in1 modules (bought mid of 2016) and installed them into a Devo F12E and a Devo 12S, both wont bind to recently bought E010 and JJRC H36 (clones).
I wanted to (and probably will) exchange the crystal loading capacitors as written in one of the linked posts above (no easy task because of my shaky hands...).
But I have already bought (start of 2018) a new 4in1 module because the vendor of the 4in1 has seemingly reacted to the problem and applied a fix (dont know if genuine NRF chip or load capacitors of crystal were changed). I swapped the 4in1´s of the F12E and now it can bind to both of the mentioned quads.
Again, not sure if this is also the problem in your T8SG but maybe it is a place to start.

More
02 May 2018 18:48 #68978 by RayHoll68
Replied by RayHoll68 on topic T8SG and the E010 Binding Problem
Does anyone know if this problem is also an issue with the newer "Yellow" T8SG Model.??
if Eachine made some changes to the newer E010's then i expect more will experience this problem.
The reference to
[changing the loading capacitors to 15pF (size 0402)] in [ajtank replied the topic: WLToys Q303 ]
does not say what the original caps were.
and im not sure what the theory is behind why different caps make a significant difference..
or what changing the caps does to the oscillator.. [Move the center frequency..??]
If the chip the t8SG is using is a clone, Id rather get a genuine chip. but i could try changing the caps as suggested.
might take some time to get around to doing that..
In the meantime i'll watch.. maybe there will be a better fix soon.
I really like the T8SG.. i have 5 different quads and so far the only success I have with the T8SG is one E010... :-(
So, this problem is a real downer...

More
04 May 2018 00:06 #69010 by RayHoll68
Replied by RayHoll68 on topic T8SG and the E010 Binding Problem
Just FYI.. I have a [works-for-me] solution.. to the E010-T8SG Not Binding Problem..??
Since I KNOW the older E010's sync to the T8SG without hesitation....
And since I dont really want to modify my T8SG and cause Other unforseen problems..
I just went to my friends who I know have some old E010's
and traded my New Ones for the Old ones.
I think its pretty obvious that Eachine has "upgraded" their protocol somehow.
Maybe someone could look into that...
the Tiny Whoop community will be Very.. Very... Grateful...!!!

More
06 May 2018 08:17 - 06 May 2018 08:18 #69073 by goebish
Replied by goebish on topic T8SG and the E010 Binding Problem
This is a known issue, and there's nothing we can do in software.
The problem is that using the xn297L (emulated with the nrf24l01) with 250 kbps bitrate requires a pretty accurate crystal oscillator for the nrf24l01.
That's just a matter of luck, if yours is tuned the same than the crystal in the E010 it will work, if not it won't (doesn't bind at all, latency in controls ...)
Last edit: 06 May 2018 08:18 by goebish.

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds