Have I screwed up my new T8SG?

More
10 Jul 2018 05:16 #69828 by Ultracon
Have I screwed up my new T8SG? was created by Ultracon
I was starting to do the initial programing on my Jumper T8SG an all was going well. I laid it down and went to dinner. Now it is very hesitant to start up when I push the power button, but when it turns on I get nothing on the screen except a large USB insignia...... Help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jul 2018 05:45 #69829 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Have I screwed up my new T8SG?
Probably transmitter filesystem is corrupted. You need rewrite filesystem from firmware archive. Connect transmitter to computer, format transmitter USB drive and rewrite filesystem. Use "Safely Remove Hardware" after writing filesystem.

More
10 Jul 2018 05:54 - 12 Jul 2018 00:58 #69830 by Ultracon
Replied by Ultracon on topic Have I screwed up my new T8SG?
Thanks for the answer! I really don't have a clue about all this. Firmware archive? You are talking to a rank amateur here......... sigh........... I would have thought the Jumper would arrive ready to set up. Is this downloading necessary? I really don't understand what it is for......
Last edit: 12 Jul 2018 00:58 by Ultracon. Reason: mispelling

More
10 Jul 2018 05:57 #69831 by Ultracon
Also, which DEVO system is the Jumper T8SG?

More
10 Jul 2018 06:22 #69832 by vlad_vy
What edition T8SG do you have? You can download firmware archive from Nightly builds section.

www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/category/13-nightly-builds

More
12 Jul 2018 01:00 - 12 Jul 2018 01:11 #69855 by Ultracon
Thanks for the help!!! When I download and unzip the file in the nightly build, after unzipping, it shows a .dfu file, which I can't open. Also, I have the T8SG V2, Plus edition if that makes any difference. The .dfu file I am unable to open is......

deviation_T8SG_V2_Plus_v5.0.0_ccc06d0.dfu
Last edit: 12 Jul 2018 01:11 by Ultracon. Reason: more info

More
12 Jul 2018 03:45 #69856 by vlad_vy
.dfu file is firmware file. You don't need copy it to transmitter USB drive. Copy all files except:

debug-t8sg_v2_plus-v5.0.0-ccc06d0.zip
deviation-t8sg_v2_plus-v5.0.0-ccc06d0.dfu
UPDATING.md

More
16 Jul 2018 02:37 #69883 by Ultracon
Hi, thanks for the answer. I have figured it out and gone through the firmware, drivers, upgrade several times. The device manager now sees and labels the "SMT device in Dfu" mode and creates a drive (transmitter), however I am unable to load anything in the drive. I keep getting a message when I try to open the drive that it wants a disc. If I don't put a disc in then it tells me the drive is invalid. I have started a new thread above this one for this problem. When I look at the properties of the drive I installed, the author is STmicroelectronics, but the opening paragraphs of the instruction manual tell me not to install STmicroelectronics. I don't know which firmware or drivers are STmicroelectronics or not.....

More
16 Jul 2018 12:59 #69886 by Gh0sT
Replied by Gh0sT on topic Have I screwed up my new T8SG?
Hello,
I've just registered, because had almost the same issue with my Jumper T8SG V2.0 Plus. I managed to solve the problem, but it was not so easy.
Step by step please answer my questions:
- are you able to flash the firmware to your transmitter (only the firmware)?
- what kind of tool do you use for it (Deviation upgrade tool or Dfuse)?
- do you see the flash drive (2 MB) under Computer Management / Disk Management, what is the status of the disk (unknown, not initialized)?

More
17 Jul 2018 00:34 #69887 by Ultracon
Hi, and thanks! I am trying to use Dfuse. I can upgrade using the upgrade too and I see the drive in Device Manager called STM Device in DFU mode. When I go to my computer it shows a new USB drive. However, when I try to open that drive so I can put in the new firmware, format, ANYTHING, it says the drive in "invalid".

More
17 Jul 2018 01:57 #69890 by Ultracon
FIXED IT! I was finally able to access the USB drive, format the darn thing and then reload it.

PHEW!!!

More
09 Mar 2019 20:36 #73290 by BIllyU
Replied by BIllyU on topic Have I screwed up my new T8SG?
Got same problem on irangeZ IR8m (same software), cannot se it as a disk and therefore can't copy any file. How did you fix the problem?
Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds