How to re-bind in air after losing signal?

More
23 Sep 2018 01:25 #71014 by flyerusa
Hi,

I'm new to this and don't know if this problem is specific to the protocol for the quadcopter model, or if there are settings to configure on this transmitter.

re: Eachine H8 mini and Jumper T8SG V2 Plus transmitter

Using stock transmitter, if the H8 mini loses signal in mid-air, it will regain the connection if the signal is restored. The flight can be restored mid-air.

Using the Jumper transmitter, if the H8 mini loses signal, the binding process has to be re-started again- by unplugging quad battery, and initiating binding on the transmitter. This means that the H8 mini will fall to the ground if it loses signal in mid-air, because it will not regain the connection even if the signal is restored.

I'm confused why the stock transmitter is reliable in this situation, but not the Jumper transmitter.

Is there any way to fix or solve this problem? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2018 23:32 #71108 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic How to re-bind in air after losing signal?
The Bayang protocol continues to transmit the same signal regardless of whether the receiver is receiving it or not. Don't see any reason the behavior would be different from the stock tx. How are you testing "losing signal in mid-air"?

If you turn the transmitter off and on or click Re-Init, the bind sequence will be sent again. But that's followed by the same signal (for a given tx and fixed id) so I'd expect the quad to start receiving it as long as it hadn't been powered off.

More
02 Oct 2018 03:54 - 02 Oct 2018 03:56 #71135 by flyerusa
Replied by flyerusa on topic How to re-bind in air after losing signal?

hexfet wrote: How are you testing "losing signal in mid-air"?

Here are three different scenarios:

#1. Quad loses signal due to out of range, #2. transmitter power turned off, or #3. drops signal due to a hard crash (maybe interrupted quad power supply, or other reason this happens on crashing).

With the stock transmitter, the quad is ready to fly again without any apparent delay.

For example, the quad flew too high and loses signal out of range, but on the way down regains signal and can be flown without a crash.

Or, turn stock transmitter off. Quad has no signal, but if transmitter is powered on the quad regains signal and can be flown without a crash.

With the deviated transmitter, once the quad loses the signal, it never regains the signal automatically.

The transmitter must be power cycled or Re-Init initiated. This process takes a minimum three seconds, so the quad will crash if signal is lost while flying.

For example, quad goes out of range or power off transmitter. The quad will crash and will not re-bind until binding sequence is performed.

On these occasions, often, but not always, the quad will not re-bind to the deviated transmitter signal unless the quad is power cycled, not just the transmitter.

I hope this helps and I hope I'm describing the observations correctly... thanks!
Last edit: 02 Oct 2018 03:56 by flyerusa.

Time to create page: 0.030 seconds