The voice on the Jumper T8SG Plus Carbon

More
21 May 2019 15:25 #74368 by jpnews
How to put the voices in the JUMPER T8SG Carbon ?
I did not understand where to put the MP3 files. In which folder should I put MP3 files?
Can you help me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2019 23:09 #74379 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic The voice on the Jumper T8SG Plus Carbon
The voice files go on the SD card that plugs into the DFPlayer device. Don't know if that's accessible through the Carbon battery compartment or not. See the T8SG V2 section here .

More
25 May 2019 12:11 #74385 by jpnews
Replied by jpnews on topic The voice on the Jumper T8SG Plus Carbon
Thank you for the answer that my help. But I have trouble with the voice at the start of the radio so when I connect in usb (see the link of the video).
-->

More
26 May 2019 17:45 #74388 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic The voice on the Jumper T8SG Plus Carbon
I have no carbon t8sg (v3) so I cannot debug this issue. Simplest workaround would be replacing the saving mp3 with an empty one. It is only used in one single instance within deviation.

More
26 May 2019 19:17 #74389 by jpnews
I have not understood everything can you explain to me in more detail your solution. On my SD card I only have an MP3 folder with voices.

More
27 May 2019 01:37 #74398 by Ryou
Replied by Ryou on topic The voice on the Jumper T8SG Plus Carbon
The same was true when I bought my transmitter.
However, now when the firmware is updated, it has been partially improved. I do not know why. There are times when the problem which is left does not say “wlecom deviation” when turning on the power.
As you might imagine, there is something indeterminate when the power is turned on. It may be improved by the setting timing of the initial value.

More
28 May 2019 08:24 #74411 by jpnews
With the latest version of the night conctrutions for the T8SG jumper I noticed the following: Every time we change model without changing anything it is indicated "(unsaved) while before we had this message only when the we had modification in the model Every time I turn on the radio it says "register welcome in deviation". For me there is a bug with the vocal version

More
25 Jul 2019 01:19 #74798 by JeffS
Replied by JeffS on topic The voice on the Jumper T8SG Plus Carbon
I have the exact same problem with the "saving" voice when powering on my carbon as well.

I also can't seem to make the model specific voice messages play. (I set some for certain switch positions.)

I do get all of the telemetry warnings and tx config voices though.

Let's keep messing with it and report our progress here.

More
21 Sep 2019 19:24 #75134 by xeutrex
Replied by xeutrex on topic The voice on the Jumper T8SG Plus Carbon
Greetings everyone, I made some tests with my T8SG carbon with already mounted speaker and embedded DFPlayer.
I copied the mp3s into the mp3 folder inside the SD card, copied the voice.ini file into media and set the hardware.ini to voice=dfplayer and voice-uart5=1

The issue of repeated "Saving" or "Eight" or even "Nine" seems to be related to the boot phase and appears continously even if you put the radio in USB drive mode.
I set the audio volume to 1 and even so the first file played and then the "Welcome to Deviation" had a much higher volume.

Then I noticed that, if I set the audio volume to Off and reboot the radio, the file hardware.ini becomes corrupted and the radio doesn't boot anymore.
I fixed the issue repairing the filesystem and copying another version of hardware.ini and keeping the audio volume at least to 1.

Any help in resolving the boot phase audio and the audio volume Off issues will be appreciated.

More
22 Sep 2019 17:20 #75139 by Moeder
Replied by Moeder on topic The voice on the Jumper T8SG Plus Carbon
Thanks for you helpful tests, I will try too look into it with the information you gave.

More
26 Jan 2020 20:59 #75826 by eried
Replied by eried on topic The voice on the Jumper T8SG Plus Carbon
I have been testing this, disabling the UART write functions, if you do not send any char to the module, it repeats "saving" forever.

So, it is some boot state that the module does by default.

1) I tried removing the 0011_saving.mp3, it jumps to another one
2) Change the delay in main.c
#if HAS_EXTENDED_AUDIO
    audio_queue_time = CLOCK_getms() + 1500;

If is too fast (i.e. 500 ms), the startup sound does not play, and "saving, saving, saving..." continues forever, also I noticed the volume is not seted properly at boot, it just gets applied after the welcome message.

3) Changed the timestamps of the files inside mp3/ folder in the sd... does not do anything

So, my conclusion is, when the DFPlayer module gets power, it is in some default state (maybe the pins are not pull down?)

More
27 Jan 2020 06:49 #75828 by txinsuranceguy
Replied by txinsuranceguy on topic The voice on the Jumper T8SG Plus Carbon
Mine came with speaker installed. I just put the voice mp3 files on micro sd card and when I turned it on it worked and said welcome to deviation. I didn't mess with the ini files.

More
27 Jan 2020 10:31 - 28 Jan 2020 00:19 #75829 by eried
Replied by eried on topic The voice on the Jumper T8SG Plus Carbon
Can you upload a small clip of the boot?

EDIT: the t8sg has a bug in the hardware. It can be fixed but not via firmware:
www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...me-other-fixes#75830
Last edit: 28 Jan 2020 00:19 by eried.

More
21 Mar 2021 20:42 #77323 by Marc1982
Replied by Marc1982 on topic The voice on the Jumper T8SG Plus Carbon
which number of software are using ?

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds