Beeps from T8SGV2 Plus

More
09 Sep 2019 21:15 #75093 by YJ
Beeps from T8SGV2 Plus was created by YJ
Today I was testing new settings for my MCPs in the T8SGV2 Plus. Without touching anything, I heard a beep from the transmitter. Shortly after that, I also heard double been and quad-beep and a combination of single beep+double beep, single beep+quad beep. The battery voltage was 7.45, far from the warning setting. When this happens, the switches appeared to be non-functional although the aileron/elevator stick appeared to be working.

Since I've used all the available virtual channels with 5-6 pages per, which caused weird behavior in saving the settings, I suspected if it had reached the limit of the software. I switched to an XK110 model which I had been using for almost a year without any issue, and I heard single/double/quad beeps also, which never happened before.

So what does these beeps mean? Is it an indication of software or hardware issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2019 03:45 #75098 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Beeps from T8SGV2 Plus
You may have exceeded the model file size with all those mixers, especially since you mention problems saving. Have you looked at the model file on a computer to see if everything is there? Deviation cannot increase the model file size, but you can make it larger on the computer and then copy the larger file to the transmitter.

Did you cycle power after switching to the XK110 model?

More
30 Sep 2019 05:45 #75166 by YJ
Replied by YJ on topic Beeps from T8SGV2 Plus

hexfet wrote: You may have exceeded the model file size with all those mixers, especially since you mention problems saving. Have you looked at the model file on a computer to see if everything is there? Deviation cannot increase the model file size, but you can make it larger on the computer and then copy the larger file to the transmitter.

Did you cycle power after switching to the XK110 model?

Thanks for the reply. I noticed the file size problem when I started to add mixers. It exceeded the 4k limit and chopped off anything beyond that point. I changed the file size to 8K and saved it back to the radio and it appeared to be ok for a while. For a while because later on as I added more mixers, it started to randomly miss out segments (for example, some of the trim settings) which are not at the end of the file and when this occurred, the actual file content was not even close to the 8k limit (merely ~5k or so). Once I removed all the padding Null's at the end and save it back to the radio and re-added the mixers, it appeared to save correctly again. Given that, I'm pretty sure there are bugs in file saving.

Now for the beeping issue, I'm not sure if it's also related to file saving (could be, but I don't know). It happens during radio operation (luckily none happened during actual flights). I did try switching off/back on the radio. The beeping issue still happened once or twice. I wondered if it could be a hardware issue, however, one/two/four beeps don't appear to be random. Does anyone know what conditions will trigger these beep patterns.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds