Flashing the XM+ with EU firmware with deviation?

More
06 Oct 2019 10:05 #75191 by hyveltjuven
Hello,

I'm using the Jumper T8SG v2 plus with a quad with the XM+ receiver running FCC firmware and everything works great, I have no trouble flying the quad with this radio and FCC firmware.

I do however live in the EU so I'm figuring that I should probably be using the EU firmware on my XM+.

Is there a way for me to flash the receiver similar to how it's done with a Taranis radio where you load the firmware onto the radio and then plug the receiver in to the radio?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Oct 2019 20:09 #75205 by Fernandez
I allways flash my frsky gear XM+ XSR etc but also the Frsky R9 Rx and tx modules via Frsky Windows flashtool connected to smartport and GND.
Frsky sells official usb tool forthat,but you can also buy FTDI+diode (to make a single wire TX/RXline for smartport , invert the FTDI using configuration tool. Instructions should be on the web.

If setup is correct, flashtool should connect at power on the RX, then start flashing. Do never disconnect during the flashing.

More
09 Oct 2019 06:27 #75207 by hyveltjuven
Replied by hyveltjuven on topic Flashing the XM+ with EU firmware with deviation?
Alright, so the Jumper isn't capable of flashing the receiver?

Do I need a spare uart to use the windows flashtool?

More
09 Oct 2019 21:20 #75213 by Fernandez
you need to buy and "FTDI USB UART" few bucks only.
Or buy an FRSKY programming usb dongle.

so you can flash using a pc, it works perfectly fine.

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds