Deviation for Devo F4?

More
06 Apr 2016 16:18 #45941 by Epitaph
Replied by Epitaph on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
Great!! That worked!! Now onto the next error heheheheh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2016 16:30 - 06 Apr 2016 16:36 #45942 by Epitaph
I extracted everything, and just added the DSMX protocol, and went to recompile the file again, and getting this error:

The "permission denied" part... could that error just be that pesky Windows 7 administrator thing or is it something else?

And from what I understand, the file will be 29kb in size of the total 64kb, correct?? If that's so then there's plenty of room on here for more models, even if they are a little more complex!!

one sec... could it be that I have to actually name it on the end of the first part "\devo.fs"?

nope... that's not it...
Last edit: 06 Apr 2016 16:36 by Epitaph.

More
06 Apr 2016 16:39 #45943 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
looks like a permission thing. You might try moving the whole thing into your 'Documents' dir and trying from there. I tried it on Windows, and it works ok for me if I run it in a directory I have write access to.

There is actually only 60kB available on the filesystem (not 64 as it shows). As I said previously, the default models are much smaller than typical once you start tweaking them. You should expect the file size of the models to double or triple as you configure them. so you are probably fine to add up to 4 protocols total and still keep 10 models of moderate complexity. Really there is no way to know how much space you'll need, and if you fill up the filesystem too much, it will start to get quite slow as it will constantly be trying to find enough space for updated files, so I recommend being cautious

More
06 Apr 2016 16:52 #45944 by Epitaph
I'll move it all to my XP laptop and try there...

More
06 Apr 2016 16:59 #45945 by Epitaph
no, there's something else that's not right... I'm getting the same error on my XP laptop, on my documents folder, and even in another drive.

More
06 Apr 2016 17:24 #45947 by Epitaph
I've tried on my laptop from the my documents folder, and this is the furthest I've gotten; I don't get any error, but I don't get a file either.

The first of the tries there is an error where I missed a backslash, and that produced a file called "my" of 0kb in size, but all the other tries gave absolutely nothing at all.

The files to put into the devo.fs file are in a subfolder within the buildfs folder as you can see... I've tried writing to this folder, to the root, nothing is working... as you can see, it just always gives me a 0kb of 64kb file, that actually doesn't appear anywhere.

More
06 Apr 2016 18:13 #45953 by PhracturedBlue
you need to backslash the spaces or wrap the paths in quotation marks:
either:
D:\my\ documents\...
or
"D:\my documents"

I'll probably make a gui to make this easier to do in the future
you could also try running in C:\temp which is probably writeable

More
06 Apr 2016 18:22 - 06 Apr 2016 18:49 #45954 by SirDomsen
Replied by SirDomsen on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
Hi,
I recently tried your latest build, PB.

Works OK so far, binding in my case successful, too.

I can confirm what Epitaph told with her "ne". In my case, its a "ng". I can also confirm that it appears only if entered the menu at least once.

Using Windows10, it was no problem for me to extract the devo.fs into my selected folder. In my case I used C drive as following:

N: is my DevoF4 USB drive

buildfs --fs n:\devo.fs --dir c:\DEVO\FS\ -x

Repack still has to be tested.

EDIT: Works using this

buildfs --fs n:\devo.fs --dir c:\DEVO\FS\ -c

A few other issues I found:
- Voltage warner is always warning, because I use the 4 Standard AA batteries by default (What are you using, Epitaph?) I saw you had over 7V...
- TX does not save any changes made in the TX configs. Perhaps caused by low voltage warning on?
- Channels 2 and 4 are not showing the correct values in channel monitor in the advanced GUI

Edit2:
Tried a 2S battery, now it saves values. Is it possible to change the low voltage warner or do we need such a high voltage? Referring to the manual, 4 AA NiMHs should do also. So Low voltage should be able to be lowered to let's say 4.4V?
Last edit: 06 Apr 2016 18:49 by SirDomsen.

More
06 Apr 2016 19:32 #45955 by PhracturedBlue
changing the default would be bad. you want to shut off before you over-drain your Li batteries. Probably it would be ok to change the critical alarm to a lower value (that is the alarm that locks out saving to prevent filesystem corruption). The limits are set in the tx.ini file, but I think they are avaialable from the Tx menu as well.

More
06 Apr 2016 19:55 #45957 by SirDomsen
Sadly, the lowest value I could enter is 6V

More
06 Apr 2016 20:40 #45959 by Epitaph
If you notice on the last attempt I did backslash at the end

More
06 Apr 2016 20:43 #45960 by PhracturedBlue
backslashes are needed before each space character in the path (i.e. between 'my' and 'documents')

I will look into the minimum voltage value you can set. I think that too can be modified in the ini file, but I haven't looked at this code for a long time, and don't recall

More
06 Apr 2016 20:48 #45963 by Epitaph

SirDomsen wrote: N: is my DevoF4 USB drive

buildfs --fs n:\devo.fs --dir c:\DEVO\FS\ -x

Repack still has to be tested.

EDIT: Works using this

buildfs --fs n:\devo.fs --dir c:\DEVO\FS\ -c

From what I see, you are writing directly to the transmitter rather than to your computer... I'll try that out.

The battery I'm using is a 2S2P 2000mAh battery I made to fit in the battery bay, which I made from two 2S 1000mAh Zippy Compact batteries, some soldering and a bit of heatshrink

More
06 Apr 2016 20:58 - 06 Apr 2016 21:03 #45964 by SirDomsen
I just looked at it, batt_critical= is settable, but the voltage alert remains ;-)

@Epitaph Very nice B)
Last edit: 06 Apr 2016 21:03 by SirDomsen.

More
06 Apr 2016 21:00 #45965 by Epitaph
OK, I tried that, and it works!! Thanks for that!!

I know it's changed because of the last modification date, and also because in the model menu it now says "Bind" on DSMX instead of "Re-init", which is what it says for all the protocols on the list but not installed.

Thanks for your patience guys!!

More
06 Apr 2016 22:42 #45972 by SirDomsen
Warranty successfully void :evil:

Now it has a (working) NRF24L01, harvested from an old WLtoys V272 tx B)
Attachments:

More
06 Apr 2016 23:21 #45975 by Epitaph
Very nice

I'm going to be waiting with mine before installing a module as I want to see how much space is taken up with the models before adding any new protocols, and the only ones that interest me with this transmitter are the S-FHSS and FrSky ones anyway, so I'll wait and see before getting a CC2500 module in it.

I have found my Arduino finally (YAY!!) so I'll try that out if I have time tomorrow for adding switches and pots via PPM, and I'll let you know how it goes... and I have an Arduino Nano V3 on its way in case it does work, although I'll have to get a UBEC also to feed constant 5V to after my experience with the 7E, and I'm still waiting for that Li-Ion battery and UBEC to arrive!!

More
06 Apr 2016 23:22 #45976 by PhracturedBlue
note that you can't trust the modification date. that is just windows keeping a local copy of the directory. Timestamps are not preserved on the transmitter. if you turn it off and turn it back on, you'll see all timestamps reset.

More
06 Apr 2016 23:26 #45977 by xJustiinsane
Replied by xJustiinsane on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
Cool! I ordered an 7E couple weeks ago. I'm waiting for that to build that module in. I'd like to get one from the Cheerson CX-10 controller, is that the same? (Same protocol, yes, but does harvesting work the same and how?)

More
06 Apr 2016 23:42 #45978 by Epitaph

PhracturedBlue wrote: note that you can't trust the modification date. that is just windows keeping a local copy of the directory. Timestamps are not preserved on the transmitter. if you turn it off and turn it back on, you'll see all timestamps reset.

That's why I also noticed about the "bind" part in the transmitter menu... so I know something changed hehehe I just don't have a DSMX receiver handy right now to try it out.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds