Deviation for Devo F4?

More
11 Nov 2015 03:16 #39901 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
It looks to me like the button matrix could be leveraged to give you the two extra switches we get with the 7e, if the software can support it (space and all). Still I tend to agree that this still a very limited TX, even with extra switches.

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2015 03:27 - 11 Nov 2015 03:30 #39902 by Epitaph
Replied by Epitaph on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
I understand, but even with just 2 extra switches it makes for a nice transmitter really... not everyone needs 50 modes and so many channels. Sometimes, for more basic things, you don't need that much, but for example, 6 channels and the ability to control D/R and stuff in flight would be nice. I know everyone wants more more more, but sometimes to get more you need to spend more, and that's why the F7 exists. There are a lot of people that have the F4 from when they were using their Walkera Ladybirds, but it has 15 model memories, and a very limited use as is within those model memories.

The D/R issue is something I think Walkera overlooked when they designed it, because it has dual rates, you program a position 1 and position 0 with their corresponding expos into the memory per channel, but there is no way to change them in flight, you have to land, go into the menu and change position per channel in the menu, then take off again, which is like not having any dual rates at all!! I think things like this can probably be easily fixed, because most of the programming is there, it's just not complete. And as I said, a 4+2 channel is enough to fly most homemade miniquads now, which is where FPV is used.

I think you're trying to fight with the constant issue that comes with the 7e, that it's reached the boundaries of its programming abilities. But people tend to forget, it's a basic, $50 transmitter, and they are demanding more and more from a small basic transmitter. Personally I like the 7E as it is, and I think it has plenty of functions. But some people still want to do Devo 10 stuff with a 7e... what's the point of the Devo 10 then?
Last edit: 11 Nov 2015 03:30 by Epitaph.

More
18 Nov 2015 23:19 #40194 by Epitaph
Finally got the new camera and VTx to test out, and this time it's all working, so that's testable now on any new Deviation versions you guys might dream up... still no receiver though, still on the slow boat from China I guess. The picture on the F4 is fantastic really!!

More
19 Nov 2015 06:05 #40201 by teddy04
Replied by teddy04 on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
Hey,

I can't wait anymore for the software.

Just an idea if it's possible to add one ore two switches for some additional functions on the models and than it would be the perfect Tx for indoor flying.

Regards
Micha

More
19 Nov 2015 06:27 #40203 by Epitaph

teddy04 wrote: Hey,

I can't wait anymore for the software.

Just an idea if it's possible to add one ore two switches for some additional functions on the models and than it would be the perfect Tx for indoor flying.

Regards
Micha

Exactly, it's a great transmitter if it's understood that it is for what it is. And I think that with a couple of channels more if it's possible, and switches for rates, it would be perfect!! I mean, really it's wouldn't need all those modules added, because the video is limited to the F band, and most camera toys don't use that band... nice if the resident module protocols could be added, like DSM2 and DSMX, but the others, I don't really see a need for them. But as is it has a great screen, I was really impressed with the quality of the image when I got it connected yesterday, and the fact you can upgrade the antennas on it to make it into a "mini groundstation", and the AV out port, it's a nice "travelling light" system, and as you said, perfect for indoor where you don't need all those channels being sought out on other Devo transmitters

But, it seems to be giving the guys a bit of a headache to work out, so I guess they just need their time to figure it out. In the mean time, I'm going to add an external antenna for the video feed, and I'm going to add some electronic dual rates to mine with a DPDT switch and a couple of resistors for the elevator and aileron channels, as I want to use it on flying wings mostly, and some D/R would be nice, but if it does eventually get deviated, it would be easy to change without making a mess of it.

More
20 Nov 2015 20:38 #40249 by djtrance
Replied by djtrance on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
can you send me the pins that are connected to de MCU and TA911?

More
20 Nov 2015 21:17 #40255 by Epitaph

djtrance wrote: can you send me the pins that are connected to de MCU and TA911?

I'm sorry, you lost me... TA911?

More
20 Nov 2015 22:58 #40258 by Epitaph
Sorry, now I'm with you...

you need to know the pins that connect between these 2. OK, I'll get on to that ASAP

More
21 Nov 2015 01:17 #40260 by Epitaph
OK, djtrance, small snag...

I've tried it out with my multimeter, and there are 3 pins going from the 911 to the MCU, and they all go to the same pin on the MCU. There are a sew other signals between the MCU and the 911, but they are not direct (as in the don't buzz), so they are going via something.

How would you like me to proceed? Do you want an approximation of the values on the multimeter or is it just enough to know which pins give a partial signal where?

More
26 Nov 2015 05:28 #40394 by Epitaph
Any suggestions??

More
26 Nov 2015 16:07 - 26 Nov 2015 16:29 #40406 by Buoncristiani
Replied by Buoncristiani on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
Excuse my English is Italian passionate electronics.

I got the schematic. DO I hope it will be useful
The unfinished parts

Thanks for all the work you have done
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Nov 2015 16:29 by Buoncristiani.

More
27 Nov 2015 02:54 #40422 by Epitaph
Umm... wow!! Here I was trying to work it out with a cheap multimeter and a magnifying glass, and you've done all this??

Electronics, this hardcore stuff is definitely not my thing, I' best sticking to my normal 3 phase industrial electricity systems!!

More
27 Nov 2015 09:13 #40427 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
What software do you use to draw schematics, I am looking fo some easy to use software.

More
27 Nov 2015 09:31 - 27 Nov 2015 09:35 #40428 by Buoncristiani
KiCad is free. Very easy.

I still have to finish the share scheme video.spero can do at the weekend.
What should I use to edit and compile the firmware to add in TX?
Last edit: 27 Nov 2015 09:35 by Buoncristiani.

More
27 Nov 2015 09:49 #40429 by Epitaph
From what I'm seeing here, it even already had a D/R switch input on the chip, as well as for a trainer switch too, but they were just never added?? I wonder why they did that!! If that's true, then connecting them should enable those options even without adding Deviation (although Deviation would be nice ^.^)... so where would they connect?

More
27 Nov 2015 09:55 #40430 by Buoncristiani
I tried to put the firmware of devo 7F in devo 4F but not working.
We would need a wiring diagram of the devo 7f for a comparison.

More
27 Nov 2015 09:59 #40431 by Epitaph
I assume the guys already have that as they are already working on the F7 firmware, which I should think they would need the diagram to achieve...

More
27 Nov 2015 13:35 #40433 by Deal57
Replied by Deal57 on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
I don't have a diagram, but I do have a chart of all the pins used in the processors for each of the TX models. This chart was derived from the information posted by PB here as processor documentation, along with my own examination of the Devo 6S.

STM32F103 Pin Alignment.xlsx

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
27 Nov 2015 13:39 #40434 by Buoncristiani
Ok .
Now we must integrate the file with F4

More
27 Nov 2015 13:47 #40435 by Buoncristiani
those who have tried the firmware Deviation to 7f.
Does it work?

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds