Deviation for Devo F4?

More
04 Dec 2015 09:31 #40589 by Buoncristiani
Replied by Buoncristiani on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
I need bootloader I Devo 7F.
Which of you has it ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Dec 2015 15:49 #40593 by Epitaph
Replied by Epitaph on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
On this page they are talking about the F7 bootloader, I don't know if they got a hold of it or solved the issue another way, but you could try asking there if need be.

www.deviationtx.com/forum/3-feedback-que...-for-delfly?start=20

More
10 Dec 2015 01:40 - 21 Feb 2016 00:40 #40768 by Epitaph
In case anyone is wondering if it can be done... the answer is yes, but you have to do a bit of cutting and sticking!! Basically I thought in the mean time I might as well add the 6 blue LEDs that the F7 has, which Walkera saved probably all of 2 cents by not adding to the F4...

Certainly makes it a lot prettier!!

Last edit: 21 Feb 2016 00:40 by Epitaph.

More
11 Dec 2015 13:57 #40818 by Cereal_Killer
Replied by Cereal_Killer on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
Wow, you have some very cool projects man.

Taranis X9E | DEVO 10 | Devo U7E | Taranis Q7

What I do in real life: rivergoequestrian.com/

More
11 Dec 2015 13:59 #40819 by Epitaph
I was thinking about going with 3 colours, but decided to keep it all blue like the original. What can I say, I like pretty things!!

More
18 Feb 2016 11:57 #43237 by SirDomsen
Replied by SirDomsen on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
Any News here?

More
21 Feb 2016 00:34 - 21 Feb 2016 00:43 #43391 by Epitaph
I don't think so... they are probably trying to work out the kinks in the F7 and F12 before they start on the F4...

In the mean time, I wanted to add some dual rates I could control from a switch in flight. I started with a 2P2T switch I found on Ebay which was flat stem just like all the other transmitter ones, and cut the positive and negative feeds to both the elevator and aileron pots, then hooked them up together in parallel to get their feed from the same source, and then ran it through the switch. With the switch in one position, the feed is direct, giving 100% rates, as programmed in the software. With the switch in the other position, it adds resistance to both the positive and negative of both the axis at the same time, giving reduced rates.

I started with a couple of 2k2 resisters, but I found that to be too much as it was giving me rates of just over 40%, which is a big jump, and I also noticed the end points didn't match and the pots would be off centre when they were in low rates. I tried then with a couple of 1k resisters and this seemed to give 57% rates which seemed more to my liking, as an exact number is hard to achieve just like that, but I was still having the centring problem and end points all wrong when in low rates, then I noticed it was favouring to the negative side on both pots. So next I tried with adding a 100 ohm resister in series with the 1K resister (I didn't have any 1k1's) on the negative side of the switch, and this centred both the axis perfect, as well as fixing the end points to match on both ends of the pots.

The way I did it, if a Deviation version is made for the F4, then I can always change it back, and change the switch for a 1P2T for use under the software without anything being noticable on the outside.

I am still waiting for the pretty bling transmitter nuts to arrive, but until then, this down and dirty nut will do

I am thinking about adding a 1P2T switch on the other side to match and wire it up as a throttle hold, but not decided yet...

I also took the time to change the sticks to blue, seeing as the LEDs on the buttons are blue... so guess the colour of the transmitter nuts I have on their way :P
Last edit: 21 Feb 2016 00:43 by Epitaph.

More
10 Mar 2016 05:29 #44351 by Epitaph

Buoncristiani wrote: Excuse my English is Italian passionate electronics.

I got the schematic. DO I hope it will be useful
The unfinished parts

Thanks for all the work you have done

Has anyone even found how to add those switches that appear on the schematic? Even if it is just the hold, D/R, fmode, etc. switches without Deviation?

More
18 Mar 2016 16:19 #44790 by xJustiinsane
Replied by xJustiinsane on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
djtrance. Could you tell me how you converted the DFU's to be readable? I'm about to go into this myself, but I need a little bit of set-up help.
Can you help me out with the tools I need please? I'm capable of finding out code, etc.

I've read about all the memory limitations of both the F4 and F7.
My goal is to add protocol support, nothing else. I don't really care about all the fancy Deviation things (Yes, I admit it, it's fancy).
Foremost, I just need protocol support (added to original FW if it's possible).

Kr,

Justiin

More
21 Mar 2016 14:18 #44924 by djtrance
Replied by djtrance on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
hi,
sorry I haven't to much time to work on the firmware.
I think in the next week I can work on it for some time.
why you need the dfu readeable?, maybe i don't understand your question.

you can see my code on bitbucket.org/djtrance/devof7_djtrance
if you can see in the target def, there are a line that say #define USE_DEVOFS 1
this mean that you are working on the special filesystem that PB did, because a fat file system doesn't have space for the models, in my case I have the fat filesystem because I has change the flash memory.

Epitaph
Can you tell me what are working on defof4 and what are you doing in your code?.
I want to add your modification on my code. and after this I will restart doing some modification on the gui.

More
21 Mar 2016 15:29 #44925 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
Epitaph, xJustiinsane, let me guys to clarify the situation. There is NO way (at least known to us) to modify F4 by "just" adding switches or protocols to existing firmware. The only way is to port Deviation with all its "fancy things" to this platform. If you know another way, please share with us.

More
21 Mar 2016 16:45 #44927 by Epitaph

djtrance wrote: Epitaph
Can you tell me what are working on defof4 and what are you doing in your code?.
I want to add your modification on my code. and after this I will restart doing some modification on the gui.

Unfortunately I am not doing anything on the code, because what I know about code fits on a postage stamp, with room for my signature at the bottom in full size!!

What I was saying mainly about adding to the original devention software would be if someone know about the switch. In the menu, you have a position 1 and position 2 you can program for dual rates, but no switch to correspond to those positions, yet there are points on the chip for a switch, as indicated before. I have added a D/R switch the traditional way with some resistors, and it works fine, as long as you're not using expo, because the switch only shortens the movement, it doesn't compress it like software does, so the expo doesn't "fit" right in low rates, and was wondering if there was a way of adding the switch in the chip as it has the pins already marked up...

Of course I would much prefer Deviation if it were possible, even if it were a "lite" version adding just a couple more channels and protocols for example, even if it were at the expense of loosing a couple of model memories (I would rather have for example 5 models on a more capable transmitter than 10 on a very basic 4 channel one with a pretty screen which has dual rates, eventhough you can't change them in flight because you have to activate them individually in the menu), but if not due to limitations, then just seeing if there is something that can be done as is.

More
21 Mar 2016 17:49 #44931 by xJustiinsane
Thanks! I also need to get the original firmware. I want, as Epitaph saids; Less models and more protocol support woupd be nice. I could settle for 2. But I want to find out what is possible with both deviation and the original firmware, maybe to get such a lite, by using another base and adding Deviation stuff.

More
21 Mar 2016 18:09 #44933 by Epitaph
I personally would only add another couple of protocols and that's it if it could take it. This transmitter is really for homemade FPV planes and miniquads, not for your RTF toys because A: if they are FPV toys, not many of them use the B video band which the transmitter uses, therefore the video wouldn't be good anyway, and B: if I only have a maximum of 10 model memories, I would rather have toys on my 7E and save the F4 for more useful things. This would virtually eliminate the need for 99% of protocols. In fact, the only ones I would bother adding is DSM2 and DSMX, and if CC2500 module compatibility were possible, then the FrSky protocol too... why just these? Well, these are the main receivers used in FPV planes and miniquads, mainly because of their CPPM capability. But I can't see any practical use in adding any of the A7105 or nRF24L01 module protocols.

More
22 Mar 2016 14:08 #44980 by djtrance
I think that with deviation, we can add more channel to the F4. but the first step is try to upload deviation and see something on the screen.after of this, we can start to see what we can do for this model.
how I say before, I has not to much time for work on this, but this weekend I will try to set up the F4. if you can say me the diference between the gpio from F4 and F7 I can try to fix the code.

More
22 Mar 2016 14:56 #44981 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Deviation for Devo F4?
@djtrance, if it helps you - @Buoncristiani sometime ago published Devo F4 schematics in www.deviationtx.com/forum/7-development/...vo-f4?start=40#40406 , and Devo F7 hardware was described by PhracturedBlue at www.deviationtx.com/articles/17-hardware...hardware-connections . I understand it's a comparison of diagram vs list, but nevertheless, may be it can be helpful.

More
22 Mar 2016 17:49 - 22 Mar 2016 17:55 #44987 by xJustiinsane
We could setup a way to chat if you want. I have an F4 laying, ready to be opened, nothing else on hands (vacation) and would love to dedicate some time to help out. I can take pictures for you, draw a diagram, figure out stuff. I'm good at figuring out :p

Let me know how I can help!

Edit: I made a chatroom on slack.
devof4setup.slack.com
Last edit: 22 Mar 2016 17:55 by xJustiinsane. Reason: Info

More
24 Mar 2016 15:03 #45091 by djtrance
How I can use this chat?

More
24 Mar 2016 16:51 #45101 by xJustiinsane
Click on the link, create account, accept email, click the link again, sign in.

More
27 Mar 2016 19:34 #45286 by djtrance
I have a user now, but I cannot enter into your chat

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds