iRangeX iRX-IR8M builds no more?!

More
15 Mar 2018 18:36 #68099 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic iRangeX iRX-IR8M builds
No, it's not a case, I say about 2018-03-15 build zip with word "delay" at the end.

P.S. No matter, I can enable 4IN1_FLASH support, if it help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2018 18:36 - 15 Mar 2018 18:43 #68100 by Stefan_UK
Replied by Stefan_UK on topic iRangeX iRX-IR8M builds
vlad_vy wrote:

I don't understand why it depends on "Power Off" time.

I don't either but the power down of this TX sucks and has been described as a feature by some when it is actually a fault a hardware issue with regards the use of weak capacitors in the build. In Microsoft Terms me being a Microsoft Certified Engineer, a feature is often used as another term for "BUG". My TX works fine on this Build: 2018-03-14 but obviously it is a time-consuming task to test out all the possible features and combination of features. I will always help out with the testing of new builds whenever I can. In the meantime thank you for your continued efforts in support of this somewhat annoying TX. Regards, Stefan
Last edit: 15 Mar 2018 18:43 by Stefan_UK. Reason: To help Clarify my Posting

More
18 Mar 2018 09:54 #68178 by Biwoj
Replied by Biwoj on topic iRangeX iRX-IR8M builds
Hi.,
having problems with my radio. After normal use switch off. When I turned on next time display show me just USB symbol. I try new firmware and all advice but symbol USB is still there. What can I do? I thing I try all.
Thanks so much. radek

More
18 Mar 2018 14:57 - 18 Mar 2018 14:57 #68185 by vlad_vy
Will help only formatting transmitter USB drive and copy filesystem from firmware archive.
Last edit: 18 Mar 2018 14:57 by vlad_vy.

More
18 Mar 2018 20:50 #68189 by Biwoj
I try that. Doesn't work. Still have USB symbol on it.

More
18 Mar 2018 21:20 #68193 by Stefan_UK
If you get the USB symbol when you power on the TX then you most likely have a hardware problem. This TX will normally enter USB mode when the ENT button is held down as you power on the TX. Check this button to make sure that it isn't sticking otherwise take the unit apart to check for possible wiring issues to this button.

More
19 Mar 2018 09:18 #68203 by Biwoj
Thanks for your reply.
Today I look inside and check buttons and connect all parts. Just one connector from pitch looking little bit out.All parts and connect looks good.
Any idea what can I do now? After turning On still lighting USB symbol.When I want DFU mode work normal and flashing is sussesful done. Have somehow finishing DFU mode or just switch off?
Can you please send me firmware link pleas. Just incase;)
Thanks for your time

More
19 Mar 2018 10:53 - 19 Mar 2018 11:48 #68205 by Stefan_UK
It doesn't look very promising if this TX enters the USB mode on its own, without holding down the ENT button on power up. Download vlad_vy's build 2018-03-14, there is a link which points to this download further back in this topic thread. Extract the contents to your Desktop. Now, with the TX switched off for at least 1-minute hold down the EXT button whilst powering on the TX. If the LCD goes blank then proceed as follows as the TX is now in DFU mode. Using the correct upgrade tool "Dfuse USB Upgrade Tools 2.31" launch this tool. I assume you already have this tool? Now connect the TX to a free USB port on your PC using the cable supplied with your TX. Once successfully connected, from the tool locate and open "deviation-ir8m-v5.x.x-2018-03-14.dfu" to be found within the extracted zip file and then select the upgrade. If the upgrade is successful close the tool, safely eject the USB TX connection, unplug and switch off the TX. Switch the TX back on after waiting for about a minute whilst holding down the EXT button and then reconnect the TX to your PC. Your PC should see this as a portable storage device and associate a drive letter to the TX storage. Quick format the contents of this drive and once completed copy all the content from the Build 2018-03-14 download onto the newly formatted drive. You can exclude "debug-ir8m-v5.x.x-2018-03-14.zip" and "deviation-ir8m-v5.x.x-2018-03-14.dfu" from this copy. Now, safely eject the USB TX, unplug and switch off the TX, wait for at least 1 minute before powering the TX back on and if the TX still starts up on its own in USB then you most definitely have a hardware fault and you should return this TX to the seller for a Full refund. If it fixes the problem don't forget to re-calibrate your sticks and switches and check the version number. Let me know how you get on? Regards, Stefan :)
Last edit: 19 Mar 2018 11:48 by Stefan_UK.

More
19 Mar 2018 13:47 - 25 Mar 2018 05:08 #68208 by vlad_vy
Since iRangeX iRX-IR8M (t8sg-v5.x.x-2017-09-19) is somewhat different from Jumper T8SG I will place here the builds for iRangeX iRX-IR8M.

Previous changes:
* RUD and AIL reversed to comply with common direction for Deviation.
* AUX4 and AUX5 reversed to comply with common direction for Deviation.
* All switches reversed to comply with common direction for Deviation.
* batt_critical set to 3900 since iRX-IR8M can use 4xAA battery.
* LCD Internal Resistor Rate (Rb/Ra) set to 4 (0x24).
* Add support for 6 independent trims set.

Changes:
* Add protocol for Corona V1/V2 and Flydream V3, from hexfet
* Support 16 channels for FrskyX and 14 for AFHDS-2A, from hexfet

(2018-03-19)
iRangeX iRX-IR8M based on Nightly Builds:

File deleted, see below...
Last edit: 25 Mar 2018 05:08 by vlad_vy.

More
19 Mar 2018 17:56 #68209 by Stefan_UK
Reverted back to my previous version in this version Channel Monitor - Mixer Output shows sticks all over the place after many attempts to calibrate. Minus values show as minus even when sticks are forced to centre. Minus values show in Mixer Output regardless of the stick movement being a positive one. I even get intermittent double minus - -100 on values. Reverted back to build: 2018-03-14 and everything is spot on perfect. :(

More
19 Mar 2018 18:29 #68210 by vlad_vy
Yes, now I see it. I need change label width and position by 2 pixels. Try once again, I reloaded firmware.

More
19 Mar 2018 18:31 - 19 Mar 2018 18:42 #68211 by Stefan_UK
I'll retry :) That works perfectly now. :)
Last edit: 19 Mar 2018 18:42 by Stefan_UK.

More
20 Mar 2018 06:10 - 20 Mar 2018 17:21 #68220 by vlad_vy
Stefan_UK,

Just for sure we really need 4IN1_FLASH support for IR8M, can you once again to test build with disabled 4IN1_FLASH support and delay for PROTOCOL_InitModules()? Also will be nice to know if 4IN1_FLASH support can have an influence on transmitter range, since many users complain about range problems.

Test build:

File deleted...
Last edit: 20 Mar 2018 17:21 by vlad_vy.

More
20 Mar 2018 10:35 #68223 by Stefan_UK
Hi vlad_vy, Yes I will test this out this afternoon as I have a GP appointment shortly and our central heating broke yesterday and the engineer is trying to fix it. It feels like Siberia in the Autumn inside the house. I mainly use DSM/DSMX and AFHDS/AFHDS-2A and easy get a 300-metre range which is good for a TX with internal antenna's. I checked through all the additional support mentioned in Build: 2018-03-19 its all there but was only able to test out the protocols that I mainly use all the other support is there and selectable i.e. the Corona and Flydream.

Changes:
* Add protocol for Corona V1/V2 and Flydream V3, from hexfet
* Support 16 channels for FrskyX and 14 for AFHDS-2A, from hexfet

Brilliant for me, really amazing to have the additional channel support.

Anyway will test later.

Best Regards, Stefan :)

PS This TX is really starting to feel good since I got that faulty right-hand Gimbal swapped out and the new builds.

More
20 Mar 2018 17:16 #68227 by Stefan_UK
Hi vlad_vy,

The CRF6936 issue has returned and occurs again in this Build: deviation-ir8m-v5.x.x-2018-03-20-delay when the TX has been switched off for 2mins or longer. Build: 2018-03-19 is Perfect. It seems that disabling the 4IN1_FLASH support and adding delay PROTOCOL_InitModules() didn't fix the CRF6936 problem.

Regards, Stefan

More
20 Mar 2018 17:20 #68229 by vlad_vy
OK, it looks like iRangeX IR8M use 4IN1_FLASH feature for managing 4in1 module. Jumper T8SG work fine without 4IN1_FLASH support.

More
21 Mar 2018 04:20 - 21 Mar 2018 15:16 #68232 by vlad_vy
Hi Stefan_UK,

I analyzed 4IN1_FLASH detection function and it can take much longer time than I think, so I prepared 3 test builds with 0.1, 0.2 and 0.4sec delays. I think 0.1sec delay will be enough. Can you test it?

Test builds:

Files deleted...
Last edit: 21 Mar 2018 15:16 by vlad_vy.

More
21 Mar 2018 08:31 #68238 by Biwoj
Hi Stefan,
thanks so much for your care and support.
i Try last time your advice and still nothing"(
I crying because i love too much this radio. now is all ready in rubish bin.
Im in Australia in this moment and dont have chance buy another one before my leaving.
Its so shame. unfortunately came new fpv camera today:/
Thanks again and wish you good day with this avesome product.
Just for information.. Do you have any idea what can happend? or was just wrong product?
Regards Radek

More
21 Mar 2018 08:46 #68239 by Stefan_UK
Hi vlad_vy, I will be testing all the various delays 0.1, 0.2 and 0.4 as soon as I get back from the diabetic clinic this mourning. So I should be able to update you with the results by about 14:30 later on today.
Regards, Stefan :)

More
21 Mar 2018 09:18 - 21 Mar 2018 13:26 #68240 by Stefan_UK
Hi Biwoj, I'm really sorry for you I have had problems with my own IR8M but only with a broken right-hand Gimbal which took ages to get a replacement through Banggood. This is most definitely a hardware fault with your TX the problem points to the EXT button as the connection from this button appears to be a permanently made connection to produce this entering USB mode on power up. If you're able to remove the back of this TX again and track back the wiring of this button first to the PCB and check for any bridged solder joints to the PCB for this button. Don't be too concerned about finding other bridged connections on the main board because some are meant to be. While you have the back off try and take a photo of the PCB board and upload the image to this forum. If you have a multimeter do a continuity test across the button connections at a convenient point. If you get a sound/tone from the multimeter this would indicate a short and that the button connection is permanently made. This test will help to positively identify the fault for a fix to be recommended. If you really end up having to return this for a full refund and you still need a multiprotocol TX an option would be the Jumper T8SG or the new plus version which has Hall effect Gimbals.
Last edit: 21 Mar 2018 13:26 by Stefan_UK.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds