Jumper T8SG V2 builds

More
07 Aug 2018 23:34 #70154 by theandrewmillett
Replied by theandrewmillett on topic Jumper T8SG V2 builds
vlad, is there any sort of change log for the nightly builds? I haven't updated since your builds (deviation-t8sg_v2_plus-v5.x.x-2018-05-14), since I don't know what has changed in the nightlies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2018 04:01 #70156 by vlad_vy

More
08 Aug 2018 23:21 #70167 by theandrewmillett
Replied by theandrewmillett on topic Jumper T8SG V2 builds
Thanks!

More
06 Sep 2018 05:59 - 06 Sep 2018 06:13 #70676 by mercury9
Replied by mercury9 on topic Jumper T8SG V2 builds

theandrewmillett wrote:

vlad_vy wrote: New DeviationUploader-0.9.0
www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/catego...eviationuploader-0-9

Run using: java -jar DeviationUpload-0.9.0.jar

Works great! I just updated my T8SG v2 Plus with this from Windows 7.

Should I assume that a reworked bootloader has not yet been incorporated? After updated to today's nightly, it's still reporting as a Devo7e in DeviationUpload.

I am not good at English.

The red light on the power lamp,
My t8sg plus screen does not turn on.
I would appreciate it if you could tell me how to fix it step by step.

I have rewrite with deviation-t8sg_v2_plus-v5.0.0
But there are problems.

New DeviationUploader-0.9.0
There is no dfu file.
Can you tell me how to update it?
Last edit: 06 Sep 2018 06:13 by mercury9.

More
08 Sep 2018 11:10 - 08 Sep 2018 11:15 #70736 by doittom
Replied by doittom on topic Jumper T8SG V2 builds

PortosDoc wrote: Dfuse USB upgrade tools. I gotta me too windows 10

I got jumper v2 + yesterday.
because my pc os is window 10, i met the same problem that stm32 usb was not installed. So i could not upgade the latest fimware.
If anybody has the solution, please help me.
Tks vm.t
Last edit: 08 Sep 2018 11:15 by doittom. Reason: Correcting spelling

More
08 Sep 2018 11:33 #70737 by doittom
Replied by doittom on topic Jumper T8SG V2 + upgrading

Moeder wrote: Hi Vlad,

tested the build above, works very precise and on either fast or slow changes - good to go master in my opinion! BTW no font troubles whatsoever, had the latest T8SG+ build and only flashed the dfu - of course using deviation-uploader 0.9 on a mac ;)

My operating system is window10 so stm32 dfu can not be installed and upgading the latest firmware of T8SG + also impossible.

I want to try upgrading in mac, where can i download deviation_uploader 0.9?
Tks vm.

More
08 Sep 2018 11:56 #70738 by doittom

Ask1me wrote: For upgrade latest firmware t8sg v2+,

Im using windows 10, what program should I install?

is it deviation uploader 0.9 or Dfuse USB upgrade tools 2.31?

Have you succeeded in upgrading?
I am also using window10.
With Dfuse USB upgrade Tools2.31, i could not .
"Devention Dfuse usb Tool" can not detect the stm32 dfu. So The field of 'Available DFU Devices' is blank.
Please let me know the solution of no detecting vitual usb in window10.
Tks vm.

More
08 Sep 2018 23:52 - 08 Sep 2018 23:53 #70749 by Suter
Replied by Suter on topic Jumper T8SG V2 builds
Good day,

After much you tube researching I achieved the upgrade yesterday.
I found this video to be very helpful.

www.instructables.com/id/Jumper-T8SG-Dev...TX-Firmware-Upgrade/

At approx. 4.22 minutes it is explained that the drivers although installed need the P.C> to be shown where they are.
On P.C. > control panel / device manager / universal serial bus controllers / STM device in DFU mode
You may have to show “ hidden devices”

I should mention I am Windows 10 64 bit.

Hope this helps
Cheers
S
Last edit: 08 Sep 2018 23:53 by Suter. Reason: added more info

More
10 Sep 2018 02:51 #70768 by mercury9
thank you for Suter
Your advice was a big help.
I had a hard time, but now I'm over it.

More
10 Sep 2018 02:51 #70769 by mercury9
Doittom
You must install Dfuse USB upgrade tools2.31 to be recognized on your computer.
If your computer is not detected, try changing the usbport of your computer.

More
10 Sep 2018 12:49 #70772 by doittom
Tks for your attention.
I could not setup smt32 in dfu mode in my win 10.
So i downgraded my pc os ro win8. and upgraded T8 + with the latest firmware successfully.
Tks vm.

More
11 Sep 2018 07:29 #70785 by xalex75
Replied by xalex75 on topic Jumper T8SG V2 builds
don't know why, but I didn't have any problem on windows 10 1803, everything worked flawlessly.

More
30 Sep 2018 19:47 #71105 by Drstein99
Replied by Drstein99 on topic Jumper T8SG V2 builds
I updated my jumper v2 plus, twice. This second time around, my "AUX4" calibrated to the MIDDLE of the range when it was at the bottom. It took me a few days to eventually figure out to go into tx.ini (or hardware.ini) and just copy/paste the "calibration" tags from the previous backup. I did the stick calibration MANY times, over and over and still appeared to present the same problem.

When I do stick calibration, it asks me to put the sticks AND knobs to HIGH and LOW and then put them in the middle. I have really no way to tell if my knobs are in the middle besides tediously measuring each detent OR guessing altogether. In most any case, after trying MANY MANY times over and over, I was unable to re-calibrate my "AUX4" correctly and had to manually paste the setting over.

I am curious what I am doing is wrong that I am overlooking. I update the firmware with the Deviation 0.9.0 java tool & selecting the .zip from nightly builds. Is there a possibility there is a software glitch? I do not know if anyone else had a problem with AUX4 or if they have checked it and missed it. I do not know where the nightly-build release notes are so I can look up anything myself to see if stick calibration was changed recently.

More
16 Oct 2018 03:34 #71403 by Dumbasdirt
Replied by Dumbasdirt on topic Jumper T8SG V2 builds
Jumper t8sg v2 plus I think I downloaded protocol I was activating switches not sure what I did but now the screen shows like when you push ENT button and I can't get out of that what did I do wrong

More
16 Oct 2018 09:27 #71404 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Jumper T8SG V2 builds
If you can see USB screen only, transmitter filesystem is damaged. You need format transmitter USB drive and copy fresh filesystem from firmware archive (from any nightly build).

More
17 Oct 2018 01:22 #71418 by Drstein99
Replied by Drstein99 on topic Jumper T8SG V2 builds
Is that all needs to be done, just format that drive - unzip & copy the contents? What the heck is the the java dfuse thing for ?

More
17 Oct 2018 08:04 #71421 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Jumper T8SG V2 builds
You need tools for flashing new firmware.

More
17 Oct 2018 18:25 - 21 Oct 2018 18:19 #71425 by mariosnic
Replied by mariosnic on topic Jumper T8SG V2 builds
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum and anything custom firmware related. I have been into RC for a while (land vehicles) and anxious observer for aeromodelism for many years.. Eventually I decided to join in! :)

I have just received my new Jumper T8SG v2 from gearbest. Following the manual from this site and online instructions, I haver tried to connect the receiver using all possible scenarios to the computer, but always getting the following in Device Manager:

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) Device ID: USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&3968D608&0&3

Things I have tried:
1. connecting to my Windows 10 Desktop, using mutliple cables and multiple ports.
I have tried the Enter+Power option, the return+power option, the normal startup and main menu> USB> turn USB on, as well as setting up a model in USBHID option. all those gave the same error as above, and the transmitter does not show up either as a drive, game controller, or an STM Device in DFU Mode.
2. Connecting to my dual boot laptop in windows 10, using mutliple cables and multiple ports.
I retried everything a aove, but still same results.
3. Connecting to my dual boot laptop in Ubuntu Linux, using mutliple cables and multiple ports. In Ubuntu, in any of the scenarios I have tested, its like I have not even plugged in anything. Even lsusb is not producing anything else other than the onboard, or previously connected devices.

Am I missing anything? In normal operating mode, the transmitter looks like its working normally, but I don't have a model/receiver yet to test it on. I have ordered one, but as a newbie (for planes), I decided to get the TRX first to log a few fligh sim hours before the actual flight, but it looks like I wont be able to use it....

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,
Marios

PS: I have even tried force installing the drivers in the Dfuse usb tool, but still it says device cannot be started and the Dfuse usb tool cannot see the controller.... :(

EDIT: After trying for 3 days, I decided to swap the battery tray with the alkaline batteries with a lipo i had handy... I don't know if it was the battery swap or the fact that the battery was disconnected and reconnected, but the transmitter can now be seen on all PCs properly and pickup the correct drivers, both in windows 10 and linux... Not sure how, but issue resolved! :)
Last edit: 21 Oct 2018 18:19 by mariosnic. Reason: Issue resolved

More
09 Mar 2019 15:45 #73280 by clips
Replied by clips on topic Jumper T8SG V2 builds
anyone can help me please, i upgrade T8SG for the lastest firmware and my H36 can,t be bind, but working on irangex ir8m with the same protocol EO01

More
09 Mar 2019 16:28 #73284 by Birdbone
Replied by Birdbone on topic Jumper T8SG V2 builds
Has the PE1/PE2 line issue with CYRF6936 (DSMX) that user @Binnekamp posted been resolved? I have a very recent nightly build and I’m losing control at 50 to 100 meters on DSMX @ 150mW (non-carbon multirotor frame). I didn’t see any clear resolution to the issue presented.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds