How to upgrade Devo TX to Deviation Firmware

More
31 Jul 2016 17:26 #52330 by bazsound
Replied by bazsound on topic How to upgrade Devo TX to Deviation Firmware

dononeness wrote: I just bought a new DEVO 10 (white) and a 3-in-1 multiple protocol from Banggood.
After installing the protocol onto my DEVO, I download the firmware (deviation-devo7e-v5.0.0-S-FHSS.zip) from here and upgrade my DEVO with firmware upgrade tool (DevoDfuSe_v1.7) via the USB cable.
The upgrade tool showed the upgrade process is successful. I closed the tool and turned off the DEVO.
When I turned it back on (hold down the ENT ans switch the power on) to try to copy files from the zip file "deviation-devo7e-v5.0.0-S-FHSS.zip" to the DEVO hard drive, no display on the DEVO screen and no DEVO hard drive opened on my computer. I have tried over and over but the DEVO screen is completely dead. I don't know what happened and how to fix it. My DEVO is brand new and now it is dead, no power, no screen, no display just dead!!! PLEASE HELP. :( :( :(

please dont post the same thing multiple times, you have 2 threads already posted plus this.

you should be able to reflash the correct firmware, you need the devo10 firmware, not 7e. Download the correct firmware.

power up your devo connected to pc the same way as instructed to flash firmware. run the updater tool with the correct file, as i said in the other thread someone else did this and was able to flash the correct firmware )

Hold EXT and power it on, and do the firmware upgrade.

Once done, power of and hold ENT and power on, now you should get USB icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jul 2016 22:54 #52348 by mwm
Um, yeah, you installed the firmware for the Devo 7E on your 10. I'm impressed that you got it to install at all.

Get the version for the Devo 10. I'd recommend starting with the release build, and not a developer test build, just to minimize the sources for problems in the initial install. If you really want FHSS, you can go to the test build later.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
01 Aug 2016 07:58 #52359 by dononeness
Replied by dononeness on topic How to upgrade Devo TX to Deviation Firmware
bazsound - I am so sorry to post the same topic in multiple threads. I am so desperate. :(

Deal57 suggested me to remove the battery and leave it for 1/2 hour to clear the issue. It works. I am able to get back to the Program Update screen again of the TX but the upgrade tool can not find the connection to the TX to re-flash the correct firmware. Also the Program Update screen won't stay long neither, about 1 minute and it die again and I have to remove the battery and wait for it to clear.

mwm - you are correct. The wrong firmware seems to cause the USB connection issue and make the re-flash the correct firmware impossible now. :( :( :(

More
01 Aug 2016 23:56 #52379 by Flying machinist
Replied by Flying machinist on topic How to upgrade Devo TX to Deviation Firmware
Thank you very much. That was it!

More
07 Aug 2016 00:32 #52514 by Mr Magik
Replied by Mr Magik on topic How to upgrade Devo TX to Deviation Firmware
is anyone able to show me where I can find the devo 7e 2.0 upgrade tool? or can send me the link?
I would really appreciate it.

More
07 Aug 2016 07:39 #52526 by FDR
The link can be found in the downloads menu:
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6SupsT8-3_BYXNQM1dOUlRYcGM

More
07 Aug 2016 10:03 - 07 Aug 2016 21:42 #52528 by dononeness
Replied by dononeness on topic Removed
Removed
Last edit: 07 Aug 2016 21:42 by dononeness.

More
01 Oct 2016 21:34 #54482 by denom1973
Replied by denom1973 on topic How to upgrade Devo TX to Deviation Firmware
Hi,

I followed all of the step by step instructions in your tutorial, however when I went to the unzipped deviation devo7e file, it doesn't recognize a dfu file. I see a deviation emu file

More
02 Oct 2016 06:36 #54498 by mwm
You downloaded the wrong zip archive. The emu files are emulators to run on Windows. You need the zip archive without the emu in the name.

More
07 Oct 2016 20:01 #54699 by djgaby
Replied by djgaby on topic F12e not appear un dfuse
I am not able to see my f12e in dfuse, I tested all versions and reinstalled the drivers and does not appear ... who can help me?

More
26 May 2017 21:56 #62585 by E-tom
Hello and good evening to all deviation fans,

i bought an Devo 7E TX for using with DSM2 protokoll für my little quads.
But there is an problem to install deviation on my Devo TX. I loaded Vers. 5.0 and unziped to my desctop. Even Dfuse 2.3.1.
I have 3 USB to mini cables at home.
When i open DFUSe and install it, then i connect the cables to TX and PC ( Windows 10)- then press EXT button and Powerswitch on the display shows Update but - there is no connection between Dfuse and my TX, the same fact with all my cables! So i am not able to install the deviation firmware Who can help me with this problems??

Please help me, i`d like to fly soon
friendly regards E-tom .

More
27 May 2017 05:34 #62590 by mwm
Most likely you are having driver problems. The best option is to not use Windows since those are unique to it, but that's difficult or impossible for most people, so...

Have you installed the driver? If not, you want the driver installer from www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/category/161-dfu-usb-tool . Instructions are in the manual under "Installation with dfuse".

If you have installed the driver, go to the device manager and see if you can see the dfu device there. If you don't see it at all, then I believe it's a hardware problem. If you do see it, then report that back here so some of the Windows people can help.

More
27 May 2017 10:41 - 27 May 2017 10:41 #62602 by E-tom
So many thanks to mwm,

this was my problem. Your answer helped my, so i have to say "you made my day"
Deviation V 5.0 is running - and i am happy.
"so must forum"
My next projekt is soldering multiprotokoll.
I wish you all a nice day

specially to mwm

friendyl regards E-tom
Last edit: 27 May 2017 10:41 by E-tom.

More
25 Jul 2017 00:28 #63581 by Road_thing
Replied by Road_thing on topic How to upgrade Devo TX to Deviation Firmware
New guy here, just got a Devo 7e to fly my micro quads and I'm trying to figure out the Deviation firmware upgrade. I watched Tom Z's tutorial video and tried to follow it step by step but the Walkera website no longer has a "service" tab. So where do I find the drivers, etc. that I need to get this done? Is there another tutorial somewhere?

Thanks in advance!

More
25 Jul 2017 01:09 #63582 by Deal57
Did you check the Downloads menu on the left side of the page? If you need something that's not there, please let us know what it is you're looking for and we can try to point you in the right direction.

Welcome to Deviation, and happy flying!

Deviation Devo7e 3way switch mod, A7105, NRF24L01
Devo6s 2x2 switch mod, trim mod, haptic, multimodule, A7105, NRF24L01, CC2500
Devo12e 4-in-1 with voice mod -- it speaks!!

More
25 Jul 2017 11:56 #63585 by Road_thing
Replied by Road_thing on topic How to upgrade Devo TX to Deviation Firmware
Didn't see that! Thanks!

More
16 Jan 2018 18:55 - 16 Jan 2018 21:13 #66909 by Theoretiker
Replied by Theoretiker on topic How to upgrade Devo TX to Deviation Firmware
Hi at all,

i hope i'm right here.
For all german users, i have done a short tutorial how to and first steps with deviation and devo7e

Regards Oliver

Made some tiny radio controlled vehicles in scale 1:87
2x Devo 7e with chip modification, 4x3 way swithes, 3in1 transmitter chip
1x Devo 10
1x Devo F12e
Webseite: www.der-theoretiker.de
Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/Mikromodelle
Last edit: 16 Jan 2018 21:13 by Theoretiker.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds