I Need A Non 3D Master CP Model For a Devo 10

More
22 Feb 2013 03:31 #6752 by gapi
Hi To All,

I am not well versed in the building or configuring of complex models in this FW. Call me Hard Headed or Dyslexic but I have issues working with it.

I have a Master CP and do not fly 3D or have any desire to do so. I am one of those who likes to navigate around and perhaps do complex routes. AKA Park or Scale flying.

I would be grateful is some one could put me a model together with No 3D in it at all so I don't hit a switch that will activate such a mode.

I hope I do not ask to much.

I would like:
FDMOD "0" to have the usual 30 EXPO's and a pitch curve from 0 to +65. Still learning I don't want to slam it when I panic throttle it down.

FDMOD "1" to have the same but a - 10 for windy days so I can have help to get her down.

FDMOD "2" to have no EXPO and a -10 to +65 pitch curve.

Is there a way to put the Gyro on the Mixer switch? Say 0 @80, 1 @70, and 2 @50. If not 80 is a good number to start.

Once I see something like this in my TX and experiment and see the end results I will learn better.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
22 Feb 2013 15:10 #6817 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic I Need A Non 3D Master CP Model For a Devo 10
I have made a video for you but it seems that it's too big to upload.
I will try something else later at home.

More
22 Feb 2013 23:44 #6851 by gapi
Thanks!

Gmail allows 25MB maximums if you want to go that route and send it to me.
I also choose to use Vimeo to upload my videos over Utube. The non paid version has a delay as long as 30 minutes or so but the quality is nicer.

Let me know. Thanks

• rbe2012
More
23 Feb 2013 09:28 #6862 by rbe2012
I have forgotten the video file so I have to produce a new one today. I will find a way to let you see this.

More
23 Feb 2013 16:33 - 24 Feb 2013 01:15 #6897 by gapi
Thanks, I really have a mental block on this. Its very frustrating.

I have E-flight helis too so I really want a appreciate all the hard work in this FW.

What ruined or spoiled me is the Walkera Devo 10 interface. To me its what you see is what you get.

Then I try and do a paradigm in Deviation and its a spiral.

Thanks For The Help
Last edit: 24 Feb 2013 01:15 by gapi.

• rbe2012
More
24 Feb 2013 07:41 #6932 by rbe2012
I hurried through the screens and now it's less than 6MB, I try it again...

I rescaled the values: for 0-65% pitch in the range from -100% to 100% results a scale of 32.5%, moving the starting point to 0% (offset=32.5%).
I set the offset for FMODE1 and 2 to -10% (scale 32, offset 22 resp. scale 37, offset 27). Maybe this is not exactly what you want: a range from -10 to 55 resp. -10 to 65 could result in scale 32, offset 27 (=32-5) resp. scale 37, offset 32.
For gyro setting (assumed it is on channel5, maybe it's on channel 7 for Master CP - then you have to choose more channels for the protocol and put the gyro values on channel 7) I also recalculates the values because I assumed you meant 80/70/50% in a range from 0 to 100, but deviation uses -100 to 100. So 80%(0to100) => 80*2-100 = 60%(-100to100).
Hope this helps you. Please ask when we con do more.

• rbe2012
More
24 Feb 2013 07:42 - 24 Feb 2013 07:59 #6933 by rbe2012
Ok, attachement was not uploaded.

Edit: you can take a look here: Non-3D-Master-CP
Last edit: 24 Feb 2013 07:59 by rbe2012. Reason: uploaded video outside forum

More
24 Feb 2013 14:35 #6950 by gapi
Thanks!

I can see I'll lean much from this.

As for the Gyro. Without you telling me I would never know where or how to access it. Why do they not just call it a Gyro. Why is it Gear?

Thanks Again, I'll try and tackle it tonight.

How do you get the Emulator to respond? I have asked in other threads but get complicated or vague answers.

I download and extract the EMU and execute it but nothing responds. I can see it on my PC display along with a DOS window but nothing responds like your video does.

I have Windows 7

More
24 Feb 2013 16:51 #6966 by DarkWolf
Replied by DarkWolf on topic I Need A Non 3D Master CP Model For a Devo 10
Thanks for this. I was going to be looking around for a tame Master CP config to get mine set back up (servo blew apart and it exploded on impact) once I get the remainder of my parts in.

• rbe2012
More
24 Feb 2013 20:31 - 24 Feb 2013 20:32 #6988 by rbe2012

gapi wrote: How do you get the Emulator to respond? I have asked in other threads but get complicated or vague answers.

I also run Windows 7-64 and Windows XP. It works in both.
But I remember at the beginning I had some problems with it. The main trick was to install the Windows build environment (including MinGW) and start it from a MinGW-window (looks like a DOS window, but is a kind of linux for Windows so you have not the usual commands).
You can read the description in the articles section, I think. At least you will find a link to PhracturedBlue's bitbucket-repository where it is described at the entry page.
Last edit: 24 Feb 2013 20:32 by rbe2012.

More
25 Feb 2013 00:56 #7002 by gapi
Hi guys,

I found the EMU failed on my machine because I needed to "Run As Administrator".

Thanks,

I have a thread on that in the How Too going so.... I don't want to get scolded for doubling.

So now that I can emulate Back To the Master CP Model Configuring and the Video posted.

I need some time to move around in the EMU and have dual displays so I'll have it side by side with the Video. Love it.

The question have right now is.... If I save a model from the Devo 8 EMU will it run in my DEVO 10?

Thanks Again

More
25 Feb 2013 01:20 #7003 by gapi

rbe2012 wrote:

gapi wrote: How do you get the Emulator to respond? I have asked in other threads but get complicated or vague answers.

But I remember at the beginning I had some problems with it. The main trick was to install the Windows build environment (including MinGW) and start it from a MinGW-window (looks like a DOS window, but is a kind of linux for Windows so you have not the usual commands).
You can read the description in the articles section, I think. At least you will find a link to PhracturedBlue's bitbucket-repository where it is described at the entry page.

Well I spoke too soon. I get a message the emulator has stopped working when I try the "Load" command for the Template.

So, I'm still in the baby steps but moving forward.

More
25 Feb 2013 02:15 #7005 by gapi

rbe2012 wrote:

Did you have do EVERYTHING in this list?

More
25 Feb 2013 05:27 #7013 by FDR
No, the emulator should run on it's own.

However I have the development environment on all my machines, so I can't try without it...

• rbe2012
More
25 Feb 2013 06:29 - 25 Feb 2013 06:30 #7014 by rbe2012

gapi wrote: ...save a model from the Devo 8 EMU will it run in my DEVO 10?

Simply yes (only watch for the switches and dials).

Sorry, I have missed the part "Devo10" in the headline. I can produce a new video with the devo10-emu in the evening, if you need it.
Last edit: 25 Feb 2013 06:30 by rbe2012.

More
25 Feb 2013 10:24 #7020 by gapi
Thanks. If you have the time yes.

More
26 Feb 2013 02:58 #7060 by gapi
OK, I have not let up and have finally started clicking in the advanced mode configuring and have used the Nightlies Standard mode also. What a beauty that is.

Thanks to Your Video and one by Tom Z in the Master CP/MiniCP/etc,etc thread I have experienced enlightenment on the matter. Heh!

I do however want to show the error I get in the Devo 8 EMU I got from the Nightlies section.

I managed to make it work by avoiding loading templates. I have got the same errors in other ways but if I just build from scratch it goes ok. When I get the error I find another way to do the same thing.

In the screen shot you will see a file named "123.exe". That is the Devo8 EMU. I renamed it for personal pref's. It has no effect as the error comes rather renamed or not.

Thanks Again

More
05 Mar 2013 23:57 #7398 by gapi
I want to wrap up here and say thanks. You guys got me over a hump that was really a struggle with me.

More
23 Mar 2013 21:10 #8015 by tito74
Hello Gapi could you post the ini file you have done for your master cp non 3D as i am very interested about it. Like you i dont do 3D. Thank you.

More
23 Mar 2013 23:05 - 24 Mar 2013 15:15 #8017 by gapi
Sure. Keep in mind I have kept it to resemble the Walkera firmware. Mine is a Devo 10

I configured the Mix Switch to set the Gyro to 3 settings, Position 0 is 82, Position 1 is 75, and Position 2 to 0. The position 2 will disable the Gyro so you can set it up and not have the Gyro effecting you.

I made the ELEV D/R & AILE D/R switches work so I can select from learning EXPO rates of 40 in their 0 positions, and 30 in their 1 positions. The Rudder switch is set for Throttle hold.

I wanted to have EXPO setting for ELE and AIL available to change on the fly and not effect the FMOD pitch curves and be able to have separate EXPO's for AIL and ELE if I thought one size did not fit all. It turned out I was right because 40 EXPO was too much for me in AIL but not enough in ELE. I have a brushless motor and it would accelerate into a climb at first stick movment to fast for me.

I have the FMOD switch Positions 0 set to 0 pitch at mid throttle so when I shut down it will not slam to the ground, a Beginners thing. I have the Position 1 set to some negative so I can pull it down in wind, and the 2 position with a little more just in case Position 1 is not enough.

There are no 3D surprises like full throttle if you hit the wrong switch eh?
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Mar 2013 15:15 by gapi. Reason: Clarification and Grammar

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds