Blade 350 QX from Horizon

More
15 Sep 2013 14:10 #13808 by fabien
Blade 350 QX from Horizon was created by fabien
Hi all,

I think a lot of you have already heard about the Blade 350 QX which should be soon available.
I’m not sure to take one, but in the doubt I decide to make a model config for my radio based on the manual ( here ).

Here is the information I found:
  • For unlock motors and save your start position you have to move the rudder stick full left then full right
  • For cutting off motors it’s depend on the radio, for the Spektrum basic radio is by moving the throttle trim at it's min value, but for the other is by pressing the bind/trainer switch assigned on Ch 7
  • The select mode are on the Gear channel, and apparently you have to reverse the channel (but not sure for us)
  • The return to home switch is on Ch 6

The functionality of the model config:
  • When you switch up the RUDD Switch that will simulate the rudder stick moving sequence to activate motors, your throttle stick need to be at the minimum value and the FMOD switch on FMOD0 to launch the sequence
  • When you switch back down the Rudd Switch that will simulate a press and release button on the 7th channel to cut off motors
  • I use the FMOD switch to select the flight mode. I reverse the channel like it’s said for the programmable Spektrum radio but I’m not sure if it’s necessary for us
  • The Gear Switch is used to activate return to home

I made the model config on the Devo 8S with DeviationTX 3.0 so if you test the file on another radio can you say if it’s work.
On the Zip file you can find the modelico and the toggle.bmp that I use on my radio.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2013 01:27 #13840 by Hot_Wheels
Replied by Hot_Wheels on topic Blade 350 QX from Horizon
I got a QX350 and my devo 8, has anyone tried this setup yet? i dont want to be the ginny pig! oink!

More
17 Sep 2013 02:35 - 17 Sep 2013 02:36 #13841 by Hot_Wheels
no workie! lots of lights flashing. the fmod switch works and changes the flight mode , gear switch makes it flash in red im not sure if gps hold works or not. i got the motors to fire but they wouldnt shut off! im lost! Thankfully i took my props off so i still have fingers to to type. I dont when i move the elevator and aileron stick it makes a consistent tone but nothing changes,not sure what that means?
Last edit: 17 Sep 2013 02:36 by Hot_Wheels.

More
17 Sep 2013 16:16 #13863 by fabien
Replied by fabien on topic Blade 350 QX from Horizon
About the FMOD switch can you say if the selected flight mode are correct (FMOD : Smart, FMOD1 : Stability, FMOD2 : Agility) ?

For the red flashing when you activate the gear switch that may indicate that return to home are activated (depending on the flashing sequence), so normally it's good if it's the flashing sequence is correct.

To stop motors if the throttle cut doesn't work when you put the RUDD switch on the 0 position, you can move the trim to the min value but you need to be on RUDD 1 to do this (cause of the safe Val on the throttle channel).

For the sound alert and led flash code, you have a description of each one on the manual page 10-11 ( here the pdf version ).

More
18 Sep 2013 03:04 #13867 by Hot_Wheels

fabien wrote: About the FMOD switch can you say if the selected flight mode are correct (FMOD : Smart, FMOD1 : Stability, FMOD2 : Agility) ?

For the red flashing when you activate the gear switch that may indicate that return to home are activated (depending on the flashing sequence), so normally it's good if it's the flashing sequence is correct.

To stop motors if the throttle cut doesn't work when you put the RUDD switch on the 0 position, you can move the trim to the min value but you need to be on RUDD 1 to do this (cause of the safe Val on the throttle channel).

For the sound alert and led flash code, you have a description of each one on the manual page 10-11 ( here the pdf version ).

ok F mode seems correct. Um let me make a video that is probably the best way to show you where im at.

More
18 Sep 2013 03:39 #13869 by Hot_Wheels
File Attachment:

click the image to see the video.

More
18 Sep 2013 03:45 #13870 by Hot_Wheels
sorry for the bad video, i sound like darth vader! Some where between the 2 minute mark the sound looses sync, If needed i can make a new video but i think you get the point.

More
22 Sep 2013 11:50 #13980 by rudygon
Replied by rudygon on topic Blade 350 QX from Horizon
It's probably best to test all the functions outdoors. Turn on and wait until green light goes to solid green(GPS Location found), this can take a minute if there are any kind if tall objects surrounding the quad.

More
22 Sep 2013 12:00 #13982 by rudygon
Thanks for creating these settings. It's working well on my Devo 6S. All seems to work as it should. I did have to reverse Aileron and Elevator on mine.
Fmod works as stated in the manual.
I do wish There was a way to turn off and on GPS lock. That way it would default to stability mode with altitude hold. According to the manual it defaults to that setting if it looses gps signal. I'd like to try FPV with stability mode and altitude hold.

More
22 Sep 2013 12:44 #13984 by rudygon
Agility mode is proving to be a challenge for me. I'm used to the settings on my 350x with kk2 6++ which levels you when sticks are centered. Maybe adding some expo to the right stick so it's less sensitive when centered?

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
23 Sep 2013 07:39 #14006 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Blade 350 QX from Horizon
Good idea. Should give you the wanted behavior.

More
23 Sep 2013 13:24 #14017 by Hot_Wheels
Rudy what did you have to do to get the motors to arm?

More
24 Sep 2013 12:17 #14038 by rudygon
the start procedure is assigned to D/R switch. you flick the D/R and the rudder moves all the way left then all the way right.
to start you might need to be in smart mode

More
25 Sep 2013 02:56 - 25 Sep 2013 02:58 #14045 by jason4207
Replied by jason4207 on topic Devo 7e Config File
Took my 350 for her maiden flight +1 this afternoon/night using my modded Devo 7E! Worked great and I'm loving RTH! I can just shoot it out there without worry, flip the switch, and she comes home to papa! Looked great at night, but there is an angle when it's coming toward you where it almost disappears. :eek: No problem, though! :D

As most know the 7E doesn't have a 3-way switch. What I did was to reassign the throttle trim to be the trim for Ch5 (mode switch). Then I made the steps = 100. So, starting at 0 which is Stability mode 1 click up on the trim puts you at 100 and into Agility mode. Further up presses do nothing as you are at the limit. A click down puts you back into Stability mode and another click down puts you at -100 and into Smart mode. Pretty slick!

I have added 2 additional toggle switches modded to my 7E, so I'm using the following:

HOLD=0 arms the 350 and activates the motors by performing the rudder stick movement. FMOD must be in high rates (1) and throttle must be at min.

HOLD=1 kills the throttle. Don't do this while flying!!!

AIL_DR is RTH. 1 = active, 0 = inactive (For those w/ o additional toggles modded to the 7E the rudder trim can be used for this function.)

FMOD is Dual Rates. Currently set to stock 70/100. Might crank that up to 70/125... 0 = Low Rates, 1 = High Rates.

Timer counts down from 10mins while HOLD=0. Stopwatch counts up when throttle is above 0.

It may change, but here it is for now. :)

Unfortunately, I don't have a modelico file yet. Anyone good at making those things in B&W?
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Sep 2013 02:58 by jason4207.

More
26 Sep 2013 14:39 #14071 by MassiveOverkill
Replied by MassiveOverkill on topic Devo 7e Config File
Hey Jason, you think you can port this to a QR X350 config?

More
29 Sep 2013 08:11 #14129 by Hot_Wheels
ok i tried to flick the dr switch on the tx, it won't arm the motors.. i did reverse aileron and elevator as mentioned. Im trying the software on a devo 8. Im stumped.

More
12 Oct 2013 11:53 #14525 by gmcquet
Replied by gmcquet on topic Blade 350 QX from Horizon
I just tried deviation for the very first time today with a blade 350 qx that just arrived :D

This model config works.

I've noticed that to cut the motors, I need to have RUDD/DR on position 1 and then I need to put the throttle trim to 0.

Is that correct?

Also, I gave stability mode a go. It works in the sense that I need to fly with proper orientation, but it doesn't seem to be holding my longitude and latitude position (I know it wont hold altitude, that I expect).

Any thoughts?

G

More
12 Oct 2013 14:13 #14528 by rudygon
So I sold my 350qx. I'm turning my f350 frame into a budget video quad/fpv. Using naza lite.
In any case, as far as I know, once you turn on the quad, you need to wait for the solid green light before you attempt to start the motors. Then flick the DR switch into Go. This should perform the startup movement in the sticks. Make sure the start up movements in deviation match the ones for start up on the instructions. If not, adjust accordingly, ie reverse or reassign. The solid green is position lock with altitude hold and home lock or relativity. Orange light or stability gives you colum lock if gps signal is good and it's not as aggressive as position lock. Also turns off relativity. Please correct me if I'm wrong in any of this as I haven't had the quad for a week now and I've been getting to learn my other quad now. Still using deviation on a Devo 6s.

More
12 Oct 2013 17:42 #14535 by gmcquet
I think a solid blue light shows when stability mode is activated and full GPS lock is held. Is that correct? Mine is showing solid blue in GPS mode anyway and does not hold its longitude or latitude position. I am wondering if I am doing something wrong? Hmm...

More
13 Oct 2013 13:15 #14558 by gmcquet
Does anyone know if this model config has the fail safe setup correctly so that when signal is lost, Return to home activates?

G

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds