SYMA X5SC Explorer 2

More
21 Jan 2016 07:12 #42026 by Fer
SYMA X5SC Explorer 2 was created by Fer
Here is a .ini file i use for the SYMA X5SC Explorer 2 (that is what it says on the box anyway). I am nowhere near to beeing an expert in programming .ini files. I build it using 4 different files i found around in the forum (including one for JJRC H20). The combination of those files gave my quad all the abilities it should have. I share it for anyone who might want to try it too. I am using Nightly Builds and DEVO 10.

For the camera, pressing the throttle trim one time up takes a picture. Pressing it one time down starts recording.

The 3D mode is activated with the GEAR1 switch.

The Headless Mode is activated with the AIL DR1 switch (it takes a couple of seconds to activate).

The RUDD RD switch is HOLD. RUDD DR0 is good to go, RUDD DR1 is HOLD.

Finaly, the FMODE switch corresponds to three different D/Rs. FMODE0=60, FMODE1=80, FMODE2=100

You may change the switches to what you preffer.

Luckely this version of SYMA X5SC does not seem to suffer from the "wind bug" previous verson did, and flyes well in moderate winds.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2016 12:50 #49071 by odiec
Replied by odiec on topic SYMA X5SC Explorer 2
Hi Fer,

Thanks for this! I'm using the DEVO 7E and everything seems to be working BUT the quad keeps yawing to the left even after adjusting trim. Trimming doesn't seem to affect the yaw... I wondered whether it was hardware related but I've just flown it with the stock controller and the issue does not appear.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!

More
23 May 2016 13:05 #49072 by odiec
Replied by odiec on topic SYMA X5SC Explorer 2
Ahh don't worry! Sorted it! Just needed to re-calibrate my transmitter! :)

More
27 May 2016 20:38 - 27 May 2016 20:47 #49397 by Fer
Replied by Fer on topic SYMA X5SC Explorer 2
I am glad it was something easy to fix. :)

Although now that i see the switches, i have changed them all lately to make a uniform switch layout for all my quads. That is a good idea for anyone who owns 3-4 or more different quads. After a while it gets hard to remember what each switch does, unless you use always the same switch for the same function.

Happy flying.
Last edit: 27 May 2016 20:47 by Fer.

More
05 Jun 2016 19:00 - 05 Jun 2016 19:44 #49976 by Flightless Bird
Replied by Flightless Bird on topic SYMA X5SC Explorer 2
Fer,
THANK YOU for posting this!
When I went looking (without success) for Deviation based Syma X8C support, I came across your post and realized that yours is the only Syma .INI file posted anywhere that supports Headless mode and all camera functions. I took your .INI file and modified it heavily to "tune" it for X8C usage. Posted it in another thread:

www.deviationtx.com/forum/model-configs/...ith-deviation-anyone

Again, thank you! Your hard work on this is noticed and appreciated.
Last edit: 05 Jun 2016 19:44 by Flightless Bird.

More
05 Jun 2016 22:08 #50006 by Fer
Replied by Fer on topic SYMA X5SC Explorer 2
Thank you very much for your kind words. I also read about the changes and the comments you made on the other thread and you are absolutely right about the switches, i have changed mine too since then.

It is my pleasure to try and give back a little bit of what i have taken from this forum and this project. And your X8C file... copied already for future use. ;)

More
11 Nov 2017 19:40 #65758 by dvBilly
Replied by dvBilly on topic SYMA X5SC Explorer 2
Nice, I tested it and it really feels like the original RC.

More
24 Dec 2017 02:59 #66598 by Brett_N
Replied by Brett_N on topic SYMA X5SC Explorer 2
Kudos if this is your first model! Tested and it works perfectly on a Jumper. Took a few crashes to figure out the switch configuration, but the 3-rates are fantastic.

excellent model. Thumbs up.

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds