Genius CP

More
10 Sep 2012 03:27 - 10 Sep 2012 06:10 #1446 by magic_marty
Genius CP was created by magic_marty
Genius cp with the brushless main motor mod.
current file is set the stick mode 4 which i fly on so you need to select your stick mode if you use a different stick mode.
performs really well but you might prefer to tweak a few settings..
settings are not aggressive but not for beginner.
the protocal is set to Devo.
has fixed ID if you don't want fixed then before you bind reset the ID to none.
has the mix switch set for the gyro sensitivity with 0 being the highest gyro sense.
also has the rudder DR switch set for the Throttle Hold...flipping this switch kills the motor but retains cyclic pitch travel

File Attachment:

File Name: model1.ini
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Sep 2012 06:10 by magic_marty. Reason: added info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Sep 2012 04:37 - 29 Nov 2012 11:18 #1449 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic Genius CP
Here is my indoor slowed down version as an example. It's not for 3D...
It has some additional mixing.
The bitmap goes into the modelico dir...

EDIT: Oops, I've violated the rules! :oops:

EDIT2: It is for DEVO 8.
It uses the 3 way flight mode switch to change throttle curves, and the 3 way mix switch to select the gyro value...

EDIT3: Cleaned up a bit...
Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Nov 2012 11:18 by FDR.

More
10 Sep 2012 04:59 - 10 Sep 2012 05:36 #1453 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic Genius CP
nice...i was wondering about changing the picture on my Gcp

thanks..:)

how hard is it to make the bitmap images for the models?
i might try to do some but i have no idea on how to do it..
Last edit: 10 Sep 2012 05:36 by magic_marty. Reason: ? added

More
25 Nov 2012 05:55 #3143 by Rain4LA
Replied by Rain4LA on topic Genius CP
Hi FDR,
Thanks for the settings on the Genius CP. I really appreciate it. It's just that I'm really new at programming these things and I'm wondering the best way to have basically no negative pitch on the 1st setting. I have an 8s running Deviation. Can you help me out? You seem to be the board guru...

Thanks in advance!

I love this helicopter, by the way. I just got it today and it wipes the floor with the Nano. I really like the gyro. Plus it's just really FINE!

More
26 Nov 2012 12:30 #3223 by FDR

Rain4LA wrote: Hi FDR,
Thanks for the settings on the Genius CP. I really appreciate it. It's just that I'm really new at programming these things and I'm wondering the best way to have basically no negative pitch on the 1st setting. I have an 8s running Deviation. Can you help me out? You seem to be the board guru...

It's not clear if you don't want the negative pitch only for the normal mode (FMOD 0), or at all.
Do you want to keep the zero pitch at mid stick, or want a simple FP like setup, which would teach you bad habits in the CP world...

IMO it is better to learn the use of the idle up mode and the throttle hold.
Some negative pitch could be very useful outdoors in the wind even if you don't do 3D.

Rain4LA wrote: I love this helicopter, by the way. I just got it today and it wipes the floor with the Nano. I really like the gyro. Plus it's just really FINE!

I think, if you only fly them in normal mode, it is a bit early to compare them. ;)

More
26 Nov 2012 17:25 #3240 by Rain4LA
Replied by Rain4LA on topic Genius CP
Thank you. You're very helpful. I'm going to leave the settings the way you have them.

Thanks again. :)

p.s. I have lots of questions!

More
28 Jan 2013 07:27 #5607 by Scootermcgavin
Replied by Scootermcgavin on topic Genius CP
Sorry I'm a totaly newbie, but how do I copy the model config to my tx. I opened the tx using the usb and tried to copy the modle config but it seems to open in a link. What am I doing wrong?

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
28 Jan 2013 08:48 #5609 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Genius CP
When you connect the tx via usb, you should see a tx.ini file and five directories, one of them called "models". Store the your modelXX.ini-file therein.
Make sure that you store the file as an *.ini-file (sometimes the files are stored as .txt (Windows Notepad) or as a link (Mac)).
Make sure that it is named modelXX.ini with XX=1, 2, ..., 99 (you can overwrite an existing file or take the first free number).
The other way: open an existing modelXX.ini file from the tx and place the content of the wanted model file in it (delete the old content). Again make sure to store is as modelXX.ini.

More
28 Jan 2013 16:43 #5627 by Scootermcgavin
When I open the models file ive got default at the top then modle1, model1a, model2 and so on. None of them end in "ini"

when i copy the model config i want it wants to save as a notepad

More
28 Jan 2013 16:54 - 28 Jan 2013 16:55 #5628 by Scream
Replied by Scream on topic Genius CP
Hi Scootermcgavin,

Right click on the link, the choose "save as". A dialog box should open asking you to save as "GeniusCP_2012-11-29.ini" and just below that name box will be a file type which should already be showing "ini".

I think you are trying to open the file rather than download it :)

PS when you get the file on your computer, R-Click it and open with wordpad, otherwise its a jumble to read and make sense of it!

Cheers!
-=S=-

Cheers!
-=S=-
Last edit: 28 Jan 2013 16:55 by Scream.

More
28 Jan 2013 17:14 #5631 by Scootermcgavin
Man thanks for all the help guys. I really appreciate it. Ok Ive now got it in my tx and having troubles binding. Ive cleared the recever with the bind plug, then powered up tx, go to bind, activate it, power up the rceiver and nothing. any thoughts

More
28 Jan 2013 17:19 #5633 by FDR
Marty's config has a fixed id, you should clear that too...

More
28 Jan 2013 17:21 #5634 by Scootermcgavin
i think that might be abouve my pay grade. LOL

so do that in the tx through the usb

More
28 Jan 2013 18:48 #5650 by Rambosmurf
Replied by Rambosmurf on topic Genius CP
Two ways.
1. Open ini file in wordpad and clear the id/Bind numbers then reload to TX.
2. Go to Model menu, then model setup, go to fixed ID: ########
Delete the numbers and it will go back to None. Shut off and you should be all set when you start up.

More
28 Jan 2013 19:14 #5657 by Scootermcgavin
Done and done. Thanks again for all your help

More
19 Feb 2013 13:23 #6581 by Mullson
Replied by Mullson on topic Genius CP
A few questions:
1. The asymmetrical AIL DR1 RUD curve what's it for and when do it activate the add?
2. I cant find any throttle hold, don't you use that?
3. The gyro settings you have on mix, on 7e is that the hold switch?
And finally do you know why 3-THR "the throttle?" and CH6 "the pitch?" are marked as THR? Wouldn't it be better to mark as pitch?

More
19 Feb 2013 20:59 - 19 Feb 2013 21:01 #6596 by FDR
Do you ask me or Marty?

2. Throttle hold is often implemented by the safety feature on the throttle channel's (Ch3) config page;
3. The 7E doesn't have MIX switch.

The Ch6 is not 'marked' as pitch, it just shows the source in use...
Last edit: 19 Feb 2013 21:01 by FDR.

More
19 Feb 2013 22:05 #6597 by Mullson
The questions was for you (I thought you could see that when I click reply on your post) sorry.

1. The asymmetrical AIL DR1 RUD curve what's it for and when do it activate the add?

2. When I look at ch3 in your ini I can only see the normal and FMOD1,2 where did you set up TH and to what switch? The "safety feature" how does that work?

3. I know but there is HOLD, FMOD and now ELE DR and AIL DR on off switches. Cant I use HOLD for CH7 "GYRO" on off 0% 50%? I cant find HOLD among the switches, do it have another name.

4. Isn't your pitch curve on CH6? Wouldn't it be better to name it pitch. Now it looks like there is two THR channels? Maybe more of a GUI question?

Maybe stupid questions but I am new to deviation and am trying to Learn.

More
20 Feb 2013 06:15 - 20 Feb 2013 06:35 #6614 by FDR

Mullson wrote: The questions was for you (I thought you could see that when I click reply on your post) sorry.

OK.
I try to counteract the rudder's effect of striking forward-left or back-right (if I remember right) when applied right or left.
Try to hover, apply some rudder, and watch where it will move...
It was assigned to a switch, but you can delete it, or if you find it useful use it always.

Mullson wrote: 2. When I look at ch3 in your ini I can only see the normal and FMOD1,2 where did you set up TH and to what switch? The "safety feature" how does that work?

It is under the 3-THR button in the first column.
There are a safety switch and a safety value. If the switch is on, the value applied to the channel. You should set the switch to your HOLD (?) switch.

Mullson wrote: 3. I know but there is HOLD, FMOD and now ELE DR and AIL DR on off switches. Cant I use HOLD for CH7 "GYRO" on off 0% 50%? I cant find HOLD among the switches, do it have another name.

You will have ELE DR and AIL DR only if you mod your tx with two plus switches...

Mullson wrote: 4. Isn't your pitch curve on CH6? Wouldn't it be better to name it pitch. Now it looks like there is two THR channels? Maybe more of a GUI question?

Yes it is, but only the first four channels have names, all the others are named automatically by the source they use...
Last edit: 20 Feb 2013 06:35 by FDR.

More
20 Feb 2013 11:24 - 20 Feb 2013 11:43 #6623 by Mullson
How did you Quote in between like that?

1. I get the picture. Smart nice!

2. I mist that one. A lot easier that way. I am building model.inis with 8emu and there is no hold. But when I look in the 10emu I can set it. Do you know how it translates (RudDR?). Wouldn't it be a good thing if they had the same name?

3. I did and hope its going to be a standard so the switch configs can be more interchangeable between the TXs. Its a really easy and safe mod compared to the others.

4. That makes sense. Stupid me :pinch:
Last edit: 20 Feb 2013 11:43 by Mullson.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds