Blade Nano CP / NCPx

More
06 Oct 2012 00:22 - 06 Oct 2012 00:26 #2008 by rototophe
Blade Nano CP / NCPx was created by rototophe
Attached is a config for the blade NCPx / Blade Nano CP.

DR/Expo for ELE, AIL, RUD with corresponding switches on the TX.
Throttle hold with Gear switch.

FMODE0 gives you normal flight mode: pitch mostly positive and 5 points throttle from -100 to +100
FMODE1 gives you a 3 points V shaped throttle curve 100-80-100, pitch is -100 to +100 linear with 30% expo.
FMODE2 gives you a flat 100% throttle curve, pitch is -100 to +100 linear with 30% expo.

Can obviously be improved / tailored to your needs but it should get you started and flying the little bird in a mater of minutes.

Icon for NCPx can be found here : NCPx icon

Have Fun!
Attachments:
Last edit: 06 Oct 2012 00:26 by rototophe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2012 15:10 - 15 Oct 2012 15:27 #2256 by Andrey
Replied by Andrey on topic Blade Nano CP / NCPx
Settings for beginners
Hold -> RUDD D/R
AIL/ELE 20%/40%/70% -> MIX 0/1/2
Timer stop on "Hold"

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1082544/DEVO/NCPX.rar
Last edit: 15 Oct 2012 15:27 by Andrey.

More
30 Oct 2012 22:25 #2513 by Couchking
Replied by Couchking on topic Blade Nano CP / NCPx
Thank you for this model config. I'm having some trouble with the channel settings. I'm using a Devo6, and my throttle and aileron are swapped, ie throttle is on the right stick in mode 2. I've tried switching between the 4 different stick modes but none of them work properly.

More
31 Oct 2012 00:39 - 31 Oct 2012 00:45 #2514 by rototophe
Replied by rototophe on topic Blade Nano CP / NCPx
Well that is strange, I have a Devo8 but this should not make nay difference, model file should work the same on all models, I beleive it's the whole point in Deviation.

Not sure if you are using my template or Andrey's but anyhow.
You should check the mixer page and make sure channels are correctly assigned, should look as follow:

1-THRSrc: THR
2-AILSrc: AIL
3-ELESrc: ELE
3-ELESrc: ELE
4-RUDSrc: RUD
5-GEAR
Ch6Src: THR

Hope this helps solve your problem
Last edit: 31 Oct 2012 00:45 by rototophe.

More
01 Dec 2012 22:20 - 01 Dec 2012 22:21 #3511 by CamDLux
Replied by CamDLux on topic Blade Nano CP / NCPx
These are the unzipped files Andrey already posted. They work great with the TH on the RUDDER! B)
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Dec 2012 22:21 by CamDLux.

More
04 Dec 2012 20:25 #3631 by togy
Replied by togy on topic Blade Nano CP / NCPx
Cool, had my nano up in a minute as you said:-) However, I don't understand how to adjust the tail gyro gain? I have tail blow outs and wag on my new nano.

Thanks,
Tom

More
04 Dec 2012 21:26 - 04 Dec 2012 21:28 #3638 by rototophe

togy wrote: Cool, had my nano up in a minute as you said:-) However, I don't understand how to adjust the tail gyro gain? I have tail blow outs and wag on my new nano.

Thanks,
Tom

I don't believe there is such a thing as gyro gain adjustment on the Nano (and on the Mcpx for that matter).

Tail blowout and wag can have several causes:

1- you are too hard on the pitch ... take it easy, or
2- assuming your nano is new, it can come from the fact that the motors are new. It will tend to get better as you put fly time on the heli, or
3- if your Nano is not new it can come from the fact that your main motor is on it's way out (something around 25-40 flight is considered "acceptable" for motor failure by HH btw on the nano), or
4- wag and blowout can also be caused by vibrations. In that case root the source of the vibrations, eradicate and all will be well ---> check blade balancing, feathering shaft tightness, check feathering shaft is not bent, check that main shaft is true (straight), check the bearings ....
Last edit: 04 Dec 2012 21:28 by rototophe.

More
04 Dec 2012 21:36 - 04 Dec 2012 21:37 #3639 by togy

rototophe wrote:

togy wrote: Cool, had my nano up in a minute as you said:-) However, I don't understand how to adjust the tail gyro gain? I have tail blow outs and wag on my new nano.

Thanks,
Tom

I don't believe there is such a thing as gyro gain adjustment on the Nano (and on the Mcpx for that matter).

Tail blowout and wag can have several causes:

1- you are too hard on the pitch ... take it easy, or
Don't think I'm to violent. Flew my friends nano last week and it bogged before the tail blew out.

2- assuming your nano is new, it can come from the fact that the motors are new. It will tend to get better as you put fly time on the heli, or

Maybe, it's completely new. Think I have 10min flight time on it now.

3- if your Nano is not new it can come from the fact that your main motor is on it's way out (something around 25-40 flight is considered "acceptable" for motor failure by HH btw on the nano), or
4- wag and blowout can also be caused by vibrations. In that case root the source of the vibrations, eradicate and all will be well ---> check blade balancing, feathering shaft tightness, check feathering shaft is not bent, check that main shaft is true (straight), check the bearings ....

(Watch my answers inside the quote)I've checked most of that besides the bearings. There is indeed a tiny vibration, but I don't think I can hunt it down.

I you sure there's not gyro gain? Doesn't seem like the gyro is in HH..?
Last edit: 04 Dec 2012 21:37 by togy.

More
04 Dec 2012 21:53 #3641 by rototophe
Try flying at least 10-20 packs and see if the problem is still there, I had the same issue with my first Nano, went away after a "break in" period. Ditching the vertical tail fin seems to help with tail hold as well.

On the gain adjustment, again I do not believe there is such a thing on the Nano, if you find there is and how to set it please report back here your findings.

More
04 Dec 2012 22:09 #3642 by togy
Ill try to break it in and remove the fin. Found an official statement from Brian James from HH that it wasn't adjustable.

Thanks for the help!!:-)

More
05 Dec 2012 12:09 #3651 by pshkong
Replied by pshkong on topic Blade Nano CP / NCPx
I'm new to deViation, may be you guys are more expedience and can help me out to solve this problem.

I have some problem with the Devo 10 (deViation 2.0) and Nano CP. I downloaded the config file in this thread. When I'm in NORMAL mode, my throttle is at 0 position (-100), the main rotor still turns (very strange...). However, when I turned on THROTTLE HOLD (RUDDER D/R), then the rotor will stop immediate. Is it the problem of deViation 2.0, or Devo 10, or just the config settings?

Please enlighten me... Thank you very much in advance.

More
05 Dec 2012 15:09 #3657 by pshkong
Replied by pshkong on topic Blade Nano CP / NCPx
I have updated this config file to work on Devo 10, please comment if I have done it correctly.

Thanks!!! :woohoo:
Attachments:

More
07 Dec 2012 06:59 - 07 Dec 2012 07:27 #3739 by Flo38
Replied by Flo38 on topic Blade Nano CP / NCPx
Hi,

I did not manage to bind the nCPX to my DEVO 8 correctly.
Because of the behaviour the heli has when I switch to idle up mode, I think the heli is maybe in non programmable mode.

But also in normal mode, servos are acting too much, going to the end of their displacement too early. It is a bit like needing less travel adj, but I used your .ini, so it seems strange...

What is the bind procedure ?

Thank you

Edit : I have tried many other methods and it still does not work. The blue light keeps flashing slowly, motor does not start whatever the position of the corresponding stick (NOT a problem of mode)...
Last edit: 07 Dec 2012 07:27 by Flo38.

More
07 Dec 2012 22:27 #3760 by rototophe
Did you follow the binding procedure found in the Nano manual?

Power on radio
---> Make sure throttle is 0
---> Plug lipo on Nano
---> Blue light flash
---> Press bind on radio
---> Jam rudder to the right and hold
---> Solid blue on Nano
---> Release rudder
---> fly

If you still have issues you might consider using 6 or channels instead of 4, just leave channels 5, 6, and 7 alone when setting up the Nano.

Hope this helps

More
08 Dec 2012 08:58 #3777 by Flo38
Replied by Flo38 on topic Blade Nano CP / NCPx
Thank you, it was that

I was not sure that we had to do the same binding procedure. Now it is ok.

• rbe2012
  • So much to do, so little time...
More
03 Jan 2013 19:19 #4629 by rbe2012
Replied by rbe2012 on topic Blade Nano CP / NCPx
I have build a different config for the Nano.
I compared it to the DX4e delivered with the RTF model and there are some additional functions.
First is the trainer/bind push button. It is used for binding but also for throttle hold. To get out of the throttle hold mode you have tu push the trainer button three times in a particular time (2 second I think).
Second is the acrobatic mode. It is switched with a 2-position-switch.
My config makes use of both functions. As you can see there are the normal channels throttle, aileron, elevator adn rudder on the channels 1-4. Channel 5 is the acro switch where the rx switches to a v-formed throttle curve. I use the gear switch for this. There is no change for channels 1-4 necessary.
Channel 6 is bind to the rudd d/r switch and is used for throttle hold. As mentioned above: if you hit it, you have to switch off and on and off and on and off and on in two seconds. This is annoying and so I replaced the rudd d/r switch with a three-position-switch with a push button function down and a stable switch up. Makes it quite easy...
There are some expo and d/r configured too (on mix switch, 0=soft, 2=hard).

I am sure it can be optimized, but give it a try if you want.
Attachments:

More
03 Jan 2013 19:50 #4630 by Hexperience
Replied by Hexperience on topic Blade Nano CP / NCPx
So you have to bind it as a Ready To Fly (RTF) first before this will work. Meaning during the bind, you move the rudder stick to the LEFT. Why not just bind it so it uses 6 channels like a normal FBL heli? To do that just bind and during the bind move the stick full RIGHT. Then you have a 6 channel heli and can program it as such. ??
Sorry if I'm not seeing an advantage to this particular method...

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

• rbe2012
More
04 Jan 2013 06:10 #4642 by rbe2012
Hexperience,
for me there were two reasons:
1) I wanted to have a config which is as near as possible at the original so that if someone is used to the DX4e feels from the beginning familiar and loves to use deViation.
2) I do not know (do you?) if there are differences in the flight behavior between the rx-internal programmed acrobatic mode and the one achieved with a 6-channel-config. There might exist some optimizations. For example I have seen that if you switch to acro mode while hovering there is no vertical movement caused by the different throttle and pitch curves. With my other (standard flybar) 6-ch-helis it is hard work to find the point where the curves are identical in the two modes.

• rbe2012
More
08 Jan 2013 16:45 #4844 by rbe2012
Suddenly I remembered a third one:
3) Blade uses channels twice. The range from +/-60% is used for an analogue value like pitch, + or -100% is used as a switch between different modes. This is the way to control a 6-channel-heli with only 4-channel-tx.

More
08 Jan 2013 17:54 #4848 by rototophe
Binding in Dx4 mode will enable predefined and static curves programmed in the Heli receiver (for pitch and throttle). So if you bind that way it doesn't matter what you set your Deviation Tx to, the receiver has the upper hand.

Binding in computer mode gives you full control from the Tx on every flight parameter.

While one may want to use one or the other is a question of personal choice. But investing in a full featured computer radio loaded with an unleashed firmware to use the predefined curves can sound like a waste of potential.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds