Serial out for LRS boxes

More
28 Mar 2019 17:59 #73585 by hexfet
Replied by hexfet on topic Serial out for LRS boxes
Found some information on this page . One comment suggests you might have the RSSI_ADC feature turned on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2019 08:39 - 29 Mar 2019 13:46 #73596 by Pepe
Replied by Pepe on topic Serial out for LRS boxes
Thank you Hexfet! Yes it was, problem solved! I have now a solid 99 on the osd!
Are you still working on this firmware, and this will be incorporated to the nightly builds firmware in the future? Right now it's working great I don't think changing anything now! Cheers and thank you again!
Last edit: 29 Mar 2019 13:46 by Pepe.

More
29 Mar 2019 14:00 #73600 by hexfet
Good to hear you got it sorted. The intention is to incorporate this feature into the main firmware. Nearly done but one seemingly small task is taking inordinate time.

More
01 Apr 2019 21:30 #73663 by hexfet
Please try the latest CRSF configuration test build ( df6f567 ). Shouldn't notice any change in behavior. This build has all features completed. I've created a pull request to add this feature.

More
02 Apr 2019 18:11 #73668 by Pepe
Upgraded!!! Works fine like the last one on my micro tx!
Cheers

More
05 Apr 2019 01:09 #73697 by hexfet
Thanks for testing.

What hardware mods did you make to your t8sg v2 plus to use the micro tx module? There were previous reports of having to remove the top JR module pin to break the connection to the module.

More
05 Apr 2019 18:29 - 05 Apr 2019 18:31 #73706 by Pepe
Yeah, you need to connect the top pin to the bottom one, and cut the top pin for no connection with the module!
Last edit: 05 Apr 2019 18:31 by Pepe.

More
07 Apr 2019 04:46 #73717 by qubicllj
Replied by qubicllj on topic Serial out for LRS boxes
I have just noticed the deviation has SUMD seiral protocol support for QLRS, but the qlrs seems only support PPM, PXX and SBUS protocol

More
07 Apr 2019 05:18 #73718 by Rjx
Replied by Rjx on topic Serial out for LRS boxes

qubicllj wrote: I have just noticed the deviation has SUMD seiral protocol support for QLRS, but the qlrs seems only support PPM, PXX and SBUS protocol

No idea. Maybe.

But openLRSng does support SUMD.

More
14 Apr 2019 16:24 #73888 by Nowhere
Replied by Nowhere on topic Serial out for LRS boxes
Hello! I have trouble (t8sg v2 plus, micro tx and Diversity Nano RX, build df6f567), posible bug (?) on working with that recevier.
the equipment is switching off after transition to the menu ( interesting fact: In "general" menu i have more time then in the "output map" menu, "channel map" switch off device instantly) .
Write any additional information I can provide to solve the problem.

More
15 Apr 2019 02:53 #73892 by hexfet
Thanks for testing! Please make the following tests. The results will help find the problem.
  1. Go to the CRSF configuration menus. After transition to General menu, wait for transmitter switch off. Then start in USB mode (press ENT while powering on) and copy the errors.txt file from the transmitter. Rename to General.txt and upload here.
  2. Do the same for transition to output map menu. Go to menu, wait for shutdown, power on in USB mode, copy errors.txt from the transmitter to Output.txt
  3. Do the same for transition to channel map menu. Upload errors.txt as Channel.txt
  4. Make a video of one of the above (just navigating through the menus until the transmitter switches off) and upload somewhere like youtube or dropbox. Put a link in your post here.

More
15 Apr 2019 11:38 - 15 Apr 2019 11:38 #73895 by Nowhere
Performing actions for each menu, I realized that the error occurs in the top menu. In any case, I attach errors for each item and video.

Link to video

File Attachment:

File Name: Errors.zip
File Size:2 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Apr 2019 11:38 by Nowhere.

More
15 Apr 2019 14:51 #73899 by hexfet
Thanks. Please try the test build (c15242c) here . I won't have time to look at the error files till later, but since the failure occurs while loading parameters I'm guessing not enough memory is reserved to store parameters for the diversity receiver.

In this version after selecting the device three numbers are displayed on the top line of the screen. First is string space used, second is parameter count, third is max message chunks. In this build I've increased the memory available for all three so this build may work. If so please report the three numbers once they stop changing. If the transmitter continues to shut off, please make a video to help find what the numbers are right before shutdown.

More
16 Apr 2019 02:13 #73913 by Nowhere
In this build there is no crash in the top menu, but not all menu items are received. no item "channel map". "general" menu works fine. After going to the menu "output map" things do not happen, i tried wait more than 2 minutes but nothing happens.Turning off the screen by timer, after pressing the button the same is displayed and then the device turns off . Can not back to previous menu pressing any key turns off the device .

File Attachment:

File Name: ERRORS.TXT
File Size:4 KB

Link to video
Attachments:

More
17 Apr 2019 01:32 #73953 by hexfet
Please continue any Crossfire discussion on the thread here . New post there about new test build.

More
06 Jun 2020 10:07 - 06 Jun 2020 10:08 #76425 by Rjx
Replied by Rjx on topic Serial out for LRS boxes

hexfet wrote: The Frsky website says the R9M only supports PPM and PXX. I've coded the PXX protocol but won't be able to test for several weeks.

hi hexfet.

I now have an R9M module here on my T8SGv2+. works on PXX

BUT

cant seem to switch RF output power to more than 100mW or 200mW?

I use an analog audio amp with un-connected input. and place the tx antenna close to it. on the QX7/R9M, @100 500 auto/1W, rf signal can be heard audibly.

&&

on 10mW setting, quad keeps 'arming' for about maybe 500mS and then disarms again (bug?) .. it cycles

note: this only happens on 10mW output setting..

auto/200*

no problem at all.

I have the 2018 nightly build 7983588

never touched it since...
Last edit: 06 Jun 2020 10:08 by Rjx.

More
06 Jun 2020 18:48 - 06 Jun 2020 18:51 #76429 by Fernandez
Replied by Fernandez on topic Serial out for LRS boxes
I am using Flex firmware and the max power level R9M (the original oldest model not 2019/OTA, what I have) is only reached when selected Auto.
But to test the max power, the receiver must be off. when receiver is on and close it will step down the output power.
For me the power changes works.

(for some reason indeed not possible just to set highest output power continuously , i do not know if it is in R9M or in deviation)
Last edit: 06 Jun 2020 18:51 by Fernandez.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds