Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: bootloader)

• victzh
20 Sep 2016 15:36
Replied by victzh on topic Radiolink AT9 as a platform for Deviation?

Radiolink AT9 as a platform for Deviation?

Category: Development

OK, I corrected the Wiki.

If you want to build Deviation board, STM32F103VC is enough. You'll need SPI flash 2-4MBytes to store settings which Radiolink lacks.

Bootloader - you can try to adapt STM32duino bootloader: github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/STM32duino-bootloader
  • victzh
17 Sep 2016 17:38
Replied by victzh on topic Replacement for the DEVO series for the future

Replacement for the DEVO series for the future

Category: General Discussions

Deviation is a large piece of software. It barely fits in 128K (actually less, bootloader takes some space). It also uses piece of RAM to dynamically load protocol code - otherwise it does not fit. There is a topic on this forum about saving Devo 7E - Deviation stops to fit it.
  • anthony7288
14 Sep 2016 23:51 - 14 Sep 2016 23:57
Replied by anthony7288 on topic Radiolink AT9 as a platform for Deviation?

victzh wrote: @anthony7288, what do you mean? Radiolink has its own bootloader, semi-compatible with DFU protocol. And it's VET6, not VCT6 - 512K Flash ROM.

Hi Victzh

In WIKI write Rd9 / RD10 use VCT6 .I think should fix it

I want to made RD9 , so i need a bootloader for stm32

'''Radiolink AT9 Hardware Connections
The following documents the hardware inside the Radiolink AT9 transmitter

MCU: STM32F103VCT6 512kB Flash, 64kB RAM 100pin package
EEPROM: GT24C128A 128K-bit I2C SERIAL EEPROM '''
  • victzh
14 Sep 2016 18:35
Replied by victzh on topic Radiolink AT9 as a platform for Deviation?

@anthony7288, what do you mean? Radiolink has its own bootloader, semi-compatible with DFU protocol. And it's VET6, not VCT6 - 512K Flash ROM.
  • anthony7288
14 Sep 2016 13:03 - 14 Sep 2016 13:04
Replied by anthony7288 on topic Radiolink AT9 as a platform for Deviation?

vlad_vy wrote: Can Radiolink AT9 be a platform for Deviation?

At first glance:

MCU STM32F103VET6

RF module (bus = SPI)
CC2533F96 96-KB Flash, 6-KB RAM
RFX2401C
chip 8 pin = unknown
quartz 32.000 Mhz

MCU STM32F103VCT6 ? And i can looking for a bootloader where ?
  • droneonandon
13 Sep 2016 17:44
Dead Devo 10 flashing... was created by droneonandon

Dead Devo 10 flashing...

I bought a none working Devo 10 (alleged firmware update fail) off the bay thinking I'd read how to flash the bootloader with st link but on reflection I think I saw the Devo 7e process detailed. Could the genius in the know (you know who you are!) give this old soul some clarity on the Devo 10 process to reduce the stress of trying half informed... Thanks. Using stm32f4 Discovery for st link so have clock,data, vdd, reset & gnd. Thanks for Deviation and double thanks for any extra help over that...
  • Nuggetz
08 Sep 2016 20:59
Replied by Nuggetz on topic DFUSe Windows 10 x64

DFUSe Windows 10 x64

Category: Feedback & Questions

Sorry to ressurect this old topic but I ran into the same problem with windows 10 not seeing my Devo 10. Anyway, the fix was that the driver it was using was not the DFU version. This is what I did:

Go into device manager and find the STM device under USB. I dont think it shows up unless you connect and power on Devo while holding EXT. Then go into properties and select update driver, and navigate all the way thru where it says Browse my computer for a driver. After that, select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

There you should see 2 drivers. One will be STM bootloader and the other should be STM device in DFU mode. Select the DFU mode one and that'll do it.

If you dont see both, then you probably need to install the driver first by getting it in the downloads section of the deviationtx site.
  • FDR
25 Aug 2016 07:19 - 25 Aug 2016 07:20
Replied by FDR on topic adding metadata to dfu files

adding metadata to dfu files

I suggest to hardcode Walkera's manufacturer ID to turn on the obfuscation, and use an alternative ID (basically all other IDs) for bootloaders without that.
I guess the Walkera DfuSe will refuse DFUs with different IDs, so you won't be able to uplgrade a non-obfuscated DFU with it, which is good.
  • mwm
17 Aug 2016 21:50
Replied by mwm on topic Deviation firmware F12E

Deviation firmware F12E

You should be able to put the original firmware back, assuming you can find a copy of it.

While it is possible to brick the µ-controllers in the devo transmitters, it isn't easy. I'm not sure it's possible without physically breaking a component. The worst case I've seen is that you remove the battery for about 15 minutes, then reboot into the walkera bootloader and use Walkera's dfuse to load new firmware. I think someone managed to fry the bootloader, which means you need to open the thing and short some jumpers to get it to boot into the serial bootloader that's on the chip (which is different from Walkera's code) and then reflashing the walkera bootloader before reinstalling the Tx firmware. They may have replaced the µ-controller, though.

The nightly builds include support for other transmitters, and a new UI to support them. At times new features have shown up in them as well. But the main reason for running them is to get new protocols.

It looks like the last commit f12E specific commit was from April, though some of the changes since then may have affected it.
  • bianchifan
09 Aug 2016 10:07
Replied by bianchifan on topic MCU swapped. And now? BL? Where to find?

MCU swapped. And now? BL? Where to find?

mwm wrote: Rather than replace the bootloader, the deviationTx firmware downloads are encoded in that tweaked format, which obscure the code

Ok , I got it.
I didn't knew that fact although I#m wondering about this behaviour.

Nevertheless I organized yesterday all that google stuff, every possible BL and all the other tools mentioned around.
1st.. the 256k-BL did installed fine without any problems with my cheap 2$-Ali-Link.
2nd.. All drivers installed without errors (V 1.1), but the JAVA-Service-tool doesn't recon the devo (V 0.8.0) :((
Maybe driver mismatch, I installed both, deviation plus Walkera, uninstalling, reinstalling, nothing helps.
So only Dfuse works for me.
3rd.. The firmware sucks.. it cries for the Walkera module I liked to strip and throw away.

What can I do?
  • mwm
07 Aug 2016 12:29
Replied by mwm on topic MCU swapped. And now? BL? Where to find?

DeviationTx is open source. The firmware it replaced on the Devo line of transmitters is not. Those transmitters use a slightly tweaked version of the open dfu protocol in their bootloader. Rather than replace the bootloader, the deviationTx firmware downloads are encoded in that tweaked format, which obscure the code. It doesn't really affect the deviation project, except when it comes to flashing the firmware on those transmitters.

If you want a transmitter whose manufacturer supports using open source firmware, I think a taranis is your only choice.
  • mwm
05 Aug 2016 06:44
Replied by mwm on topic MCU swapped. And now? BL? Where to find?

Well, it's certainly possible to run Deviaition without using the Walkera bootloader. However, it will take some coding somewhere along the way.

The problem is that all the current builds expect to go through Walkera's code obfuscation process. I have no idea why the devo-256 build does that, except that it was probably the easiest route. So you have two options.

You can add obfuscation code to one of the open source bootloaders. You can find mine at chiselapp.com/user/mwm/repository/DFU_Fl...er/doc/tip/README.md . It works on dev boards and can be configured for a devo, but I never got around to installing it on a Devo to test. It's also minimal, because the goal was to free up space on the 7e. The obfuscation code is in the deviation repo, in utils/dfu.py. The critical function is "decrypt" (I'm not as generous as PB; what walkera does isn't something I'd call encryption). You'll need to figure out what part of the dfu file it's being applied to and reverse it in your bootloader.

The second alternative is to build your own dfu files with no obfuscation (make a copy of src/target/devo7e-256, then change -c 7 to -c 0 in Makefile.inc in your copy). Then flash that however you are most comfortable doing so. Use the ISP ports, or install an open source bootloader and use a standard dfu utility, or maybe hack the trainer port shorting and use the onchip serial bootloader (assuming that the trainer port is on the right serial port).
  • HappyHarry
04 Aug 2016 20:24
Replied by HappyHarry on topic MCU swapped. And now? BL? Where to find?

no other source, and no there's no current way to use the inbuilt bootloader, or any other opensource one either.
  • bianchifan
04 Aug 2016 16:38

bazsound wrote: why is google blocked?

'cause I like it.

Any suggestions where to find the bootloader - downloadable ??

And one more time..
Is there any chance to run a devo without a bootloader?
  • bazsound
01 Aug 2016 09:06
Replied by bazsound on topic MCU swapped. And now? BL? Where to find?

bianchifan wrote:

TomPeer wrote: You can download the bootloaders of different transmitters from our Google Drive.

If it wre so easy I wouldn't have asked here.
"GOOGLE" is blocked out on my devices since late 2004.

why is google blocked?

use a proxy
  • bianchifan
01 Aug 2016 06:58

TomPeer wrote: You can download the bootloaders of different transmitters from our Google Drive.

If it wre so easy I wouldn't have asked here.
"GOOGLE" is blocked out on my devices since late 2004.
  • TomPeer
31 Jul 2016 11:13
Replied by TomPeer on topic MCU swapped. And now? BL? Where to find?

On the bootloader page you see this text:

You can download the bootloaders of different transmitters from our Google Drive.

click on "google drive".
  • bianchifan
31 Jul 2016 10:32
MCU swapped. And now? BL? Where to find? was created by bianchifan

Old MCU is out and new is in.
But how can I install the firmware?
All I could find is bootloader..bootloader...but the download page for bootloaders is empty, no bootloader there!

Is there a chanche to run deviation without any bootloader?
Just load straight via STLink?
  • SteveA
19 Jul 2016 11:15 - 19 Jul 2016 11:31
Replied by SteveA on topic Devo F7 & FrSky XSR Rx

Devo F7 & FrSky XSR Rx

mwm wrote: Actually, we hear from Windows users who are having issues with the Walkera DFUSE tool fairly often. Windows needing drivers loaded just seems to create issues, whereas OSX/Linux/etc. having them pre-installed doesn't.

The Walkera DFUSE tool is walkera's doing. They obfuscated the binary format, presumably out of some misguided notion of protecting their IP. You have three options, in order of increasing difficulty. They all require you to run other software, so you may have issues with them as well.

1) Use the deviation uploader found at www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/category/161-dfu-usb-tool

2) Use virtualbox, and install Linux in a VM and use the deviation uploader on it instead. You could also install a version of Windows without the limitations you have and use the Walkera dfuse on it.

3) Reflash the bootloader on the µcu in your 7e with one that doesn't use the Walkera ofuscation, and then use any of the standard DFU tools to flash upgrades. This will require having an unobfuscated build available, which isn't uploaded by default. But doing your own builds provides a lot more flexibility.

Thank you for the help! Although, I do not believe those options will function on my Devo F7 using my computer for the reasons below:

In reference to suggestion #1 in your comment. I was able to download the Deviation Uploader to my laptop, but unfortunately I am unable to connect to my Devo F7 for one reason or another. I have tried downloading the drivers several times and rebooting to no avail. I tried different USB ports and cables, but nothing seems to work.

In reference to suggestion #2 in your comment, unfortunately I am unable to download Virtual Box to my computer without admin permission. grrr

So that leaves suggestion #3, but since I would still need to use the upload tool I believe I would still run into the same issues I'm having now with connectivity.

Oh well, thank you for the assistance anyways. Just to see, my wife has an old MacBook Pro and I was able to download the Deviation Uploader tool connecting to the Devo F7, but after downloading the latest nightly dfu I am unsure of how to proceed further. Using her MacBook I am unable to download the Walkera DFuse tool, but to be honest I don't know how to proceed using the .fs program described in the wiki. I tried pasting the code PB had listed into Python 2.7.1, but nothing happened other than a few spacing errors that were detected. So I cleaned those up and tried to rerun, but nothing. I'm afraid this is beyond my technical level at this point, and Im thinking there is an assumption that folks understand how to develop in Python to run this stuff? I'm just stuck I guess. Or maybe I'm just overthinking it and/or missing something? Any ideas? Thanks again!
  • mwm
13 Jul 2016 16:43
Replied by mwm on topic Devo F7 & FrSky XSR Rx

Devo F7 & FrSky XSR Rx

Actually, we hear from Windows users who are having issues with the Walkera DFUSE tool fairly often. Windows needing drivers loaded just seems to create issues, whereas OSX/Linux/etc. having them pre-installed doesn't.

The Walkera DFUSE tool is walkera's doing. They obfuscated the binary format, presumably out of some misguided notion of protecting their IP. You have three options, in order of increasing difficulty. They all require you to run other software, so you may have issues with them as well.

1) Use the deviation uploader found at www.deviationtx.com/downloads-new/category/161-dfu-usb-tool

2) Use virtualbox, and install Linux in a VM and use the deviation uploader on it instead. You could also install a version of Windows without the limitations you have and use the Walkera dfuse on it.

3) Reflash the bootloader on the µcu in your 7e with one that doesn't use the Walkera ofuscation, and then use any of the standard DFU tools to flash upgrades. This will require having an unobfuscated build available, which isn't uploaded by default. But doing your own builds provides a lot more flexibility.
Displaying 181 - 200 out of 542 results.
Time to create page: 1.074 seconds