Updating a FrSky R-XSR through the Jumper T8SG

More
19 Jan 2020 07:27 #75752 by Grajek
I bought the jumper because I like the size and Im a thumer. Well I wanted something where I could always get telemetry data especiallly battery voltage becaue I mainly fly LOS. Can I use the T8SG to firmware update the FRsky R-xsr? I looked on here somewhere and they was a cable you could buy but I was not sure if it would really work. The cable is an FrSky product. Any help would be greatly appreciated but Im thinking I shoudl of bought the T12SG for Open Tx. I dont know if its a full version of open tx though.

Thank You

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2020 15:16 #75753 by eried
There are no options at the moment in this firmware to send firmwares. I was trying to do the same with a XM+ receiver but what you could do is to use a normal Serial to USB adapter and FrSky's software to do the same with a computer

More
19 Jan 2020 19:44 #75754 by Grajek
Ok I am bound to T8SG and I am using Iflight Micro stack now. There documentation says to use Inverted R2 pad on the board. I can't get anything in betaflight in the receiver tab.

More
19 Jan 2020 22:27 #75756 by eried
I am sorry I do not know much about frsky, but I am sure deviation cannot update it so you need to find some other solution.

Maybe
? using the "drone" as passthrough device. Or... getting a cheap FTDI USB serial dongle and connecting it directly

More
20 Jan 2020 02:32 #75758 by Grajek
Awesome Thanks so much

Time to create page: 0.028 seconds