PPM / CPPM Receiver

More
23 Feb 2015 23:28 - 23 Feb 2015 23:33 #29057 by robca
Replied by robca on topic PPM / CPPM Receiver

matrixFLYER wrote: Sure! But the 6 channel Storm S603 is a very good deal for 12USD you get DSMX, PPM and a bigger range. For other uses where six channel are OK this is a real deal I think.

Well, yes and no... the well proven www.lemon-rx.com/shop/index.php?route=pr...th=72&product_id=122 is even cheaper, for a 6 channel receiver (no CPPM, though)

And the Orange R615X is slightly cheaper at $10.49 with the "one off offer" (albeit not with free shipping) www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__4663...Receiver_w_CPPM.html . And is sometimes on sale for 30% or even 50% off (got two a few weeks back for ~$14)

Granted, this is the cheapest 6 channels CPPM enabled receiver including shipping, and in this sense is a good find, I agree. Thanks for sharing

EDIT: thanks even more foe sharing the F801 and Goodluckbuy :-)
Last edit: 23 Feb 2015 23:33 by robca.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Feb 2015 23:32 - 23 Feb 2015 23:33 #29059 by robca

jesmail wrote: Also the Devo RX703A works nicely. I use it with the APM and the Pixhawk controllers. Channel 5 is hard coded as fail safe.

But the RX703A is not CPPM, and at almost $30, not as good a choice as the Lemon RX 10Ch, that includes a satellite for that price (and has CPPM)

the F801 on Goodluckbuy, on the other hand, has a lot of promise :)
Last edit: 23 Feb 2015 23:33 by robca.

More
23 Feb 2015 23:32 #29060 by matrixFLYER
Replied by matrixFLYER on topic PPM / CPPM Receiver

robca wrote:

matrixFLYER wrote: Sure! But the 6 channel Storm S603 is a very good deal for 12USD you get DSMX, PPM and a bigger range. For other uses where six channel are OK this is a real deal I think.

Well, yes and no... the well proven www.lemon-rx.com/shop/index.php?route=pr...th=72&product_id=122 is even cheaper, for a 6 channel receiver (no CPPM, though)

And the Orange R615X is slightly cheaper at $10.49 with the "one off offer" (albeit not with free shipping) www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__4663...Receiver_w_CPPM.html . And is sometimes on sale for 30% or even 50% off (got two a few weeks back for ~$14)

Granted, this is the cheapest 6 channels CPPM enabled receiver including shipping, and in this sense is a good find, I agree. Thanks for sharing

So the R615X is out of the box compatible with APM?

More
23 Feb 2015 23:34 - 23 Feb 2015 23:35 #29061 by robca

matrixFLYER wrote:

robca wrote:

Yes, but it's only 6Ch, and I would not recommend a 6Ch receiver with APM (it works, but you lose some options)

Out of curiosity: why are you so set on a CPPM Rx? the few extra wires (6 or 7 single wires) can't possibly be enough of a reason...
Last edit: 23 Feb 2015 23:35 by robca.

More
23 Feb 2015 23:36 #29062 by matrixFLYER
Replied by matrixFLYER on topic PPM / CPPM Receiver

robca wrote:

matrixFLYER wrote:

robca wrote:

Yes, but it's only 6Ch, and I would not recommend a 6Ch receiver with APM (it works, but you lose some options)

I can get that from local warehouse so can be handy to get. I have apm mini on a 250 quadcopter so i may not need all those channels.

More
23 Feb 2015 23:46 #29063 by robca
You lose autotune... that's pretty handy to have :)

Lemon Rx ships worldwide, and it's very reliable and good support. Hobbyking, well, you are playing the lottery

Also there are lots of reports of R615X problems. LemonRx has a much better reputation

Honestly, I'd use a 8ch PWM receiver any day over a 6Ch CPPM for the APM... CPPM is not as important has having at least 7 channels for APM

More
24 Feb 2015 02:09 - 24 Feb 2015 02:25 #29066 by jesmail
Replied by jesmail on topic PPM / CPPM Receiver
Robca

I am sorry and beg to differ with you on the CPPM on the RX703A.
I connect one cable from the RX703A to the input on the APM or the Pixhawk and get full 8 channel control plus still have an addition 3 or 4 outputs on the receiver for a total of 11 or 12 channels.
CPPM is just Frsky's name for PPM. PPM allow for all channels to be sent over one signal wire to the flight controller. In the case of the RX703A it sends the 8 channels, which is all the flight controllers use, and leaves the extra channels as normal servo outputs. So you can use those channels to control other servo/gimbals/what ever. Some of the Sat receivers send out SBUS which the pixhawk can process while the APM can not.

I have not tested it against a Lemon with Sat to see if it worth the extra weight a sat receiver as I have not had any range issues to need the extra receiver.

I am interest in the F801, does anyone know how to get the CPPM/PPM out of it. All the pictures just show normal servo ports and sat input port as well as the bind port. Where is the output for CPPM/PPM?
Last edit: 24 Feb 2015 02:25 by jesmail.

More
24 Feb 2015 02:23 #29067 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic PPM / CPPM Receiver
Really?
Then it might be true,that the RX1002 (white) is capable to output CPPM.
I remember someone`s post last year at the forum, but cannot find it anymore. :S

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02

More
24 Feb 2015 02:39 #29068 by jesmail
aMax

Yes Really. While I do not have one of the RX1002's I looked at it before getting a RX703A and could not figure out how to get the CPPM/PPM out of it. So bought the RX703A's and found they actually support more channels then RX1002's.

Would like to know more on the F801's, but cannot find any solid information to know for sure that they will output CPPM/PPM.

More
24 Feb 2015 14:43 - 24 Feb 2015 17:48 #29076 by robca

jesmail wrote: Robca

I am sorry and beg to differ with you on the CPPM on the RX703A.
I connect one cable from the RX703A to the input on the APM or the Pixhawk and get full 8 channel control plus still have an addition 3 or 4 outputs on the receiver for a total of 11 or 12 channels.
CPPM is just Frsky's name for PPM. PPM allow for all channels to be sent over one signal wire to the flight controller. In the case of the RX703A it sends the 8 channels, which is all the flight controllers use, and leaves the extra channels as normal servo outputs. So you can use those channels to control other servo/gimbals/what ever. Some of the Sat receivers send out SBUS which the pixhawk can process while the APM can not.

I have not tested it against a Lemon with Sat to see if it worth the extra weight a sat receiver as I have not had any range issues to need the extra receiver.

I am interest in the F801, does anyone know how to get the CPPM/PPM out of it. All the pictures just show normal servo ports and sat input port as well as the bind port. Where is the output for CPPM/PPM?

I see...

I assumed that the RX703A was similar to the Rx701, which is not the case. the RX703 is a custom receiver made for the QR X350. The documentation is poor and they call the output "Devo-M bus", which based on your info is CPPM/PPM (which I know are the same thing, I use them interchangeably)

So, yes, that seems to indeed be a PPM receiver. I still posit that, given the cost ($29), the average user is much better off buying a Lemon RX that has better usabe channels, all 10, can work either as a standard PWM or PPM receiver (the Rx703A is only PPM, plus a few extra outputs, but could not control 10 PWM channels), uses the standard DSMX protocol (so broader compatibility: the Devo protocol is supported only by the Devo radios and Deviation). But, more importantly, the Lemon Rx includes a satellite in the price, offering more flexibility (you can use it or not, or you can even use the Lemon Rx on an APM, and the satellite as a standalone receiver for a KK2, CC3D, Naze32, MultiWii, or even PixHawk: two receivers for the price of one :))

But good to know that there is one more contender. And, for people with a RX703A already, good to know it's a standard PPM receiver

For everyone else, the Lemon RX is the better/more flexible option (I promise I have no financial interest in the company ;), just a happy customer). I actually use my satellite as a standalone receiver, so I paid ~$30 for two receivers, each one capable of 10 channels (only one of them usable with the APM, though)

As a side note: all the Spektrum satellites (including the Lemon Rx) use a serial protocol that is not SBUS. Many FC accept satellite receivers directly (just about the only one not accepting Satellites is the APM). Here are more info blog.kwarf.com/2013/08/a-look-at-the-spe...-satellite-protocol/ , serial at 115200, 8, n, 1

As a matter of fact, I cannot find a single mention of a satellite receiver using SBUS... I think that only the DSM2/DSMX world uses satellite receivers as a way to improve diversity (two separate radios receiving the signal: if you position them with different orientations, you ensure that you get the best possible signal... technically doesn't increase range, but improves reliability and the chance that a good signal is received in every orientation)

SBUS is yet another protocol (and, once again, recognized by most FCs, outside of the APM... even if there is a hack to enable SBUS for the APM, but it's not official)
Last edit: 24 Feb 2015 17:48 by robca.

More
25 Feb 2015 02:47 #29084 by jesmail
Thanks Robca.
I was not aware of the 10 channel Lemon, will check them out.

Yes on the RX703a I was just trying to provide another option. And since the firmware on this site is for Devo transmitters then it was a viable option. Also since the flight controllers I use all can not use any PPM channels over 8 then the extra channels on the receiver provide a good trade off. Price is not my only consideration.

On the Lemon 10 channel I assume I can still use output 9 and 10 as normal servo ports, while the flight controller uses the first 8 off the PPM port.

(on a lighter note: Something about the name Lemon -- There are Lemon Laws on the books here) Have a good one.

More
25 Feb 2015 08:36 - 25 Feb 2015 08:36 #29093 by robca

jesmail wrote: Thanks Robca.
I was not aware of the 10 channel Lemon, will check them out.

Yes on the RX703a I was just trying to provide another option. And since the firmware on this site is for Devo transmitters then it was a viable option. Also since the flight controllers I use all can not use any PPM channels over 8 then the extra channels on the receiver provide a good trade off. Price is not my only consideration.

On the Lemon 10 channel I assume I can still use output 9 and 10 as normal servo ports, while the flight controller uses the first 8 off the PPM port.

(on a lighter note: Something about the name Lemon -- There are Lemon Laws on the books here) Have a good one.

I have to apologize... in my senile mind, I mixed the 8ch PPM receiver and the 10ch receiver (the latter not PPM)

So, you are right, the RX703a is the only receiver that can control 7 PPM channels and on top of that adds more PWM channels, making it one of the most flexible receiver for certain uses. And at a good price. The only receiver even more flexible is the FrSky 8-series, that can use a mix of SBUS and PWM up to 16 channels (but for that you need a CC2500)

The RX703A can be used with the Deviation, no soldering necessary...

I think you convinced me to buy one :)

Yeah, sometimes Chinese companies do not realize the implications of the names they choose :) We have the weirdly named goodluckbuy (which I always read "good luck with whatever you buy", even if the company is actually ok, banggood, with plenty of innuendos to be made, etc). Methinks they decided to have a sharper product than an Orange Rx, and that's how they got to the name.

Thanks for the additional info
Last edit: 25 Feb 2015 08:36 by robca.

More
25 Feb 2015 13:32 #29098 by Block137
Replied by Block137 on topic PPM / CPPM Receiver
RX705 from TALI H500 and RX709 from SCOUT X4 also work.
I'm using RX705 with SK-720BE just fine with 1 wire!(3 actually)

*These Rx support telemetry but no RSSI data like FrSky :(

More
23 Aug 2015 15:58 #37169 by vincentimes
Replied by vincentimes on topic PPM / CPPM Receiver
Hello. Excuse I, googles translation do not work.
I am on devo12s in deviation. I look for a receiver PPM 8ch for him naze32. That her(it) suits? That proposes me you?

this ok?: www.goodluckbuy.com/f801-dsm2-dsmx-8ch-r...-replace-ar8000.html

think you.

Vince

More
23 Aug 2015 21:34 #37172 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic PPM / CPPM Receiver

More
24 Aug 2015 10:38 #37181 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic PPM / CPPM Receiver
If the FBL / flight controller supports "Spektrum SRXL" you guys could go for Spektrum AR9020.
Howevever this is not the generic SRXL.

FBL support:
- BeastX Plus/Pro
- Spirit System FBL

Not sure about Flight controller support for "Spektrum SRXL".

Thomas

More
24 Aug 2015 14:59 #37183 by vincentimes
Replied by vincentimes on topic PPM / CPPM Receiver
hello
I have to command(order) the lemon. it serves has what the satellite? I am not to oblige to use him(it)?
Thank you

Vince

More
25 Aug 2015 04:28 #37190 by magic_marty
Replied by magic_marty on topic PPM / CPPM Receiver
The satellite adds extra antenna for a stronger better connection but you don't have to use it the lemon rx will work with out it...but with it makes it more reliable

More
05 Feb 2016 13:16 #42626 by PREACHER
Replied by PREACHER on topic PPM / CPPM Receiver
So I am a complete newbie on the Devo 7e and I'd love to have ppm with my custom race build but I have a devention rx701.
I'm guessing this is not achievable with my spare 701. So the lemon 10ch will bind with my 7e? What protocol will it bind with?

Thanks ahead of time for your help!

More
05 Feb 2016 18:45 #42643 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic PPM / CPPM Receiver
Lemon? That might probably be Spektrum DSMx protocol. Sorry I do not use Lemon's or OrangeRXs.

How about this:
Spektrum diversity SAT with long antennas SPM4648: www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPM4648

Personally I would stick to a full receiver with PPM/SRXL with supported DataPort for Spektrum FlightLog + TM1000.
There are 2-3 Spektrum RXs as mentioned above.
I want at least to monitor my Lipo voltage.

The newer seems to be the Spektrum AR7700, but this SAT seems to have the shorter antennas.
I remember that there should be SATs with longer antennas (e.g for carbon glider fuselages) as well as.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds