PPM / CPPM Receiver

More
06 Feb 2016 00:57 #42649 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic PPM / CPPM Receiver
Are you sure that's a PPM reciever? If so, they've misnamed it, as PPM isn't a serial protocol. Seems more likely to be either SRXL or the satellite protocol, which are serial protocols. But neither the web page or the manual says what the connection protocol is.

The satellite protocol is supported by a lot of flight controllers. SRXL is an open standard, but not a lot of flight controllers supportted it last time I looked.

If your flight controller supports a serial protocol (S.BUS, SRXL or satellite) instead of PPM, that's definitely preferred. The same simple setup - fewer connections meaning fewer things to fail and less weight when compared with PWM - but without the frame length issues that come with PPM.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2016 12:28 - 06 Feb 2016 12:29 #42663 by Thomas.Heiss
Replied by Thomas.Heiss on topic PPM / CPPM Receiver

mwm wrote: Are you sure that's a PPM reciever? If so, they've misnamed it, as PPM isn't a serial protocol. Seems more likely to be either SRXL or the satellite protocol, which are serial protocols. But neither the web page or the manual says what the connection protocol is.
The satellite protocol is supported by a lot of flight controllers. SRXL is an open standard, but not a lot of flight controllers supportted it last time I looked.

Hi Mike,

sorry I am not.
I just read about this new RX/SAT.

My feeling is some people are more asking about "RX which support ANY digital bus protocol"?
So I thought this newer RX might be at least worth mentioning as an AR7700 alternative.
Last edit: 06 Feb 2016 12:29 by Thomas.Heiss.

More
07 Feb 2016 00:18 #42694 by mwm
Replied by mwm on topic PPM / CPPM Receiver
Hi Thomas, I appreciate that. It's a nice looking Rx - Spektrum is catching up to the clone makers on features! But without knowing what protocol it uses, you can't tell whether or not it will work with any given flight controller, so it's not a good purchase.

I've posted the question to the HH site, so hopefully this will get cleared up.

Do not ask me questions via PM. Ask in the forums, where I'll answer if I can.

My remotely piloted vehicle ("drone") is a yacht.

More
11 Feb 2016 19:13 #43012 by PREACHER
Replied by PREACHER on topic PPM / CPPM Receiver
Hi can someone please tell me if the RX701 supports CPPM and if it has a fail safe?
I'm sure it's here on the forum just unsure where to look lol. Any help is appreciated!

More
11 Feb 2016 19:45 #43013 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic PPM / CPPM Receiver
It has fail-safe, but no CPPM.

More
11 Feb 2016 22:48 #43018 by PREACHER
Thank you!

I think one of the main issues I'm having is it's a larger receiver and I'm trying to fit it in a Zmr250 and if it doesn't do CPPM then I'll have many wires lol

Any good ideas?

More
12 Feb 2016 00:58 - 12 Feb 2016 01:07 #43021 by Jasenk
Replied by Jasenk on topic PPM / CPPM Receiver
I bought an orange rx receiver for my QAV250 and it has CPPM. It also has diversity with two short antennas. I don't know if it has fail safe. Now you got me thinking, I should set that up properly if it does. It is a clean install to my cc3d flight controller.

Update: from the manual
SMART FAILSAFE FEATURE
The R615X features advanced failsafe. Advanced FailSafe is ideal for most types of aircraft. With advanced FailSafe, when signal is lost for the short time (less than 1 second) all channels will hold last command. If the signal loss occurs for more than 1 second all channels go to predefined position according to transmitters sticks and switches` positions remembered during binding procedure. That is why it is important to set a throttle channel at zero and other channels (switches and sticks) to your preferable hold position during binding procedure.
When the signal is regained, the system immediately regains control.
When the receiver only is turned on (no transmitter signal is present), the throttle channel has no output, to avoid operating or arming the electronic speed control. All other channels are driven to their preset failsafe positions set during binding

-Jasen
Last edit: 12 Feb 2016 01:07 by Jasenk. Reason: Found data

More
12 Feb 2016 03:35 #43024 by PREACHER
Ok cool thank you for the reply. I have the Orange r615x but was unsure of its range. I've seen mixed reviews. Many have said it has a short range.

Can you confirm either or?

More
12 Feb 2016 23:51 #43065 by Jasenk
Replied by Jasenk on topic PPM / CPPM Receiver
I have not done a full range check yet.

-Jasen

More
16 Feb 2016 17:36 #43187 by Fishfiend
Replied by Fishfiend on topic PPM / CPPM Receiver
I was trying to run the devo protocol on ppm to my eznov neuron on my trex 600n. I bought the 703a and the 705a, as I trust the devo protocol. Unfortunately the failsafe goes to 50% on the throttle channel and I could find no way around it. I ended up going with this rotorgeeks.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=417 . Had signal drop out with original spektrum equipment so I added a lemon satellite for redundancy and have since flown it at least 300m away, good bit of kit.
To be fair I dont think its the actual rxs or satellites, more those tiny plugs and leads that break causing dropouts..

More
16 Feb 2016 18:01 #43188 by FDR
Replied by FDR on topic PPM / CPPM Receiver
How did you set up the failsafe for the DEVO protocol?
Which GUI dou you use? Advanced or standard?

More
16 Feb 2016 20:52 #43190 by Fishfiend
Replied by Fishfiend on topic PPM / CPPM Receiver
I've used both.. the rx will output 50% throttle after about a 2 second loss of signal no matter what you set the failsafe at..try it
, it's very frustrating. .but totally unacceptable for a nitro model. .

More
02 Mar 2016 21:08 #43994 by PREACHER
Ok so I'm trying to bind my Devo 7e with new firmware to a orange r615x ppm with Naze32 rev 5.

For some odd reason I'm not able to bind so I can arm my quad copter.

Can anyone post up the proper procedure of binding a Devo 7e to the orange r615x? I can't seem to find much online

More
02 Mar 2016 22:04 #43997 by Wene001
Replied by Wene001 on topic PPM / CPPM Receiver
Bind plug in batt port
Power up RX (fast blinking)
Power up TX
Go to the protocol page and hit "Bind"
RX Led goes solid, and conncection works instant
Remove bindplug before next RX Powerup to prevent RX going in Bind Mode

More
02 Mar 2016 23:58 #44000 by PREACHER

Wene001 wrote: Bind plug in batt port
Power up RX (fast blinking)
Power up TX
Go to the protocol page and hit "Bind"
RX Led goes solid, and conncection works instant
Remove bindplug before next RX Powerup to prevent RX going in Bind Mode

OK so I have a solid orange light but my Naze still has a blue and red light (red light is blinking and blue is solid)

More
03 Mar 2016 12:31 #44023 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic PPM / CPPM Receiver
Check your FC setup ( soft & hardware).
You will have to adjust the failsafe on throttle with these receivers to a lower value.
For more informations about programmable failsafe on the R615X read this file....
www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/upload...61531X1606554X18.pdf

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds