Devo f7 for DelFly

More
17 Dec 2013 17:11 - 17 Dec 2013 17:24 #16749 by Microuav
Replied by Microuav on topic Devo f7 for DelFly
I finally found the datasheet of the overlay ship! :D

File Attachment:

File Name: IA9211.pdf
File Size:657 KB

* The one for the IA911 I can't upload.. So if anyone wants I can send it.

Now I'm able to specify more of what is really happening. It is in chinese(because it is some chinese cheap chip), but with google translate it is pretty easy to understand.
Maybe make an article about the devo F7 with all the datasheets and connections?

Hope to get some more working soon.
BTW. I didn't broke my capital "O" I see now... It is just missing ;)
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Dec 2013 17:24 by Microuav.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2013 17:52 #16757 by djtrance
Replied by djtrance on topic Devo f7 for DelFly
I'cant undertand if it is possible to do some drawing with this OSD, I has not translated all the datasheet, but I think that is possible if we write pixel to pixel.

More
17 Dec 2013 23:15 #16761 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo f7 for DelFly
I created a page here:
www.deviationtx.com/articles/24-devo-f7-hardware-connections

It is basically just a copy of the devo-7e page though with the flash and overlay updated. So the pin outs may not be right.

More
17 Dec 2013 23:18 #16762 by PhracturedBlue
If you provide a link to the IA911 pdf I'll make it available. Feel free to use one of the many upload sites out there if you don't have Dropbox or something equivalent.
Unless the reason you can't upload it has to do with an NDA or copyright, in which case I can't make it available.

More
18 Dec 2013 17:49 #16780 by PhracturedBlue
I ordered an STM32F103RCT6 and a 32Mbit serial flash. I think I'll upgrade my F7 before hacking on it too much. Maybe unleash the full capabilities of this platform.
I think I found some code that will let me write to the LCD display pixel-by-pixel. It is hard to tell because it is undocumented, so I'll need to run some experiments, but if it works, it should make it easy to port the 7e firmware. The 64kB flash will be a show-stopper though. I don't see any way to get Deviation onto the F7 without at least replacing that chip, even if the MCU upgrade isn't required.

More
19 Dec 2013 10:04 #16795 by Microuav
IA911 Datasheet .
If you translate the datasheet there is nothing about how to draw pixel based. There isn't even a possibility to change the characters. So I'm not sure where you found the code?

More
19 Dec 2013 15:10 - 19 Dec 2013 15:17 #16802 by PhracturedBlue
I think you are right, but the code I found does this:
for (int i = 0; i < 12; i++)
    LCD_Cmd16(0x9800 + i);
LCD_Cmd16(0x9844);
LCD_Cmd16(0x8800);
LCD_ENABLE_CS();
SPI_Write(0xC0);
for(int i = 0; i < 288; i++)
    SPI_Write(*ptr++);
SPI_Write(0x7F);
LCD_DISABLE_CS();
288 is half a PAL screen-height, so I was assuming this was writing a 8x288 image to the screen.

When I look at the Bootloader startup, it uses 2 fonts, a large one for DEVO-F7 and a smaller one for 'devention Program Update . . . .'. Looking at the documentation I see the large font is supported (I assume the small one is too but I don't see the bitmaps for it).

Edit: Looking at the data sheet, I guess it is writing 12 lines by 24 columns = 288 elements, which enforces your statement.
Last edit: 19 Dec 2013 15:17 by PhracturedBlue.

More
19 Dec 2013 15:32 - 19 Dec 2013 15:37 #16803 by Microuav
This writes just characters on the screen.

I can explain it line by line:
1. Go through all 12 lines and set the font size to 1dt (it also supports 2dt, so yeah you can write either in a small font, 1 line, or in a big font , 2 lines)
2. This sets the size of line 5 to 2dt (bit 6 defines if it is 2 dt or 1dt)
3. This sets the character position to line 0 and row 0
4. This starts a character writing (without blinking)
5. This will write characters which are in ptr
6. This will stop writing again.

BTW. since I found the datasheet I edited the lcd driver: github.com/tudelft/deviation/blob/master.../target/devof7/lcd.c

But I currently have a lot of problems getting the tx_configure page to work.. There is something wrong with creating that menu. For example DrawTextSelect already crashes on:
"const char *str =select->ValueCB(obj, 0, select->cb_data);", so really strange
Last edit: 19 Dec 2013 15:37 by Microuav.

More
19 Dec 2013 15:59 - 19 Dec 2013 16:01 #16804 by vlad_vy
Replied by vlad_vy on topic Devo f7 for DelFly
Font is a set of pixels. Probably you can pre-fill the font buffer with graphic images, segmented to symbol size, and display this pseudo-font on the screen.
Last edit: 19 Dec 2013 16:01 by vlad_vy.

More
19 Dec 2013 16:01 #16805 by Microuav
That is normally how a character display works, except this chip doesn't has the possibility to change the characters ;)

More
30 Dec 2013 13:50 #17481 by djtrance
do you think that is necessary to buy a new serial flash to test it your firmware?
I have my F7 with the stock memory... but you an PB are ussing more memory. I don't know how I can help you with my stock radio...

More
07 Jan 2014 16:48 #18148 by Microuav
Happy new year everyone ;)

I'm almost 100% sure you will need new flash memory to be able to use the firmware correctly. Maybe some features will work, but I'm not sure.

Today I fixed a simple emulator for the Devo F7, implemented the text based LCD in a nicer way and switched to mercurial for the easy conversion to the original deviation project. My new repository is: https://bitbucket.org/fvtienen/deviation

The emulator is almost 1on1 with the original Devo F7, but there need to be done a lot in the GUI to get it all working. So maybe someone can take a look and help a bit with some parts, because I'm not that experienced with deviation. For example the crashes when you go to certain screens etc. (This is also on the real transmitter)

More
07 Jan 2014 16:59 #18151 by djtrance
Happy new year!!!
Can I use any flash memory?, or it's needed to be a specific model?. for example I can use a 32 mb of flash memory?
I will try to install the toolchain and the emulator, for testing

More
07 Jan 2014 19:17 #18155 by djtrance
I have now the emulator for devo F7 on my computer, but sorry, I don't know how I can change the menu :P after de rebot, apear deviation -> Model 1. and I don't know how I can change it to anther part of the menu. I will search the documentation, but can help me if you can send me the link or more information.

More
08 Jan 2014 02:18 #18182 by PhracturedBlue
deviation is coded to support specific page sizes (4kB). You could use others, but would need to update the code. The Devo8 and Devo10 use 32Mbit flash, and this should work fine in the F7. I just got a SST25VF032B I plan to install into mine.

More
08 Jan 2014 02:28 #18183 by djtrance
Thanks for your answer, I will buy it the same memory.
can you give me the url for the tutorial to move into the simulator for devo 10 (I think is the same like the defo f7). I need it because I don't know how I can change the menu into the devo f7 emulator :P
Thanks PB.

More
08 Jan 2014 02:51 #18185 by PhracturedBlue
I'm not sure what you mean by 'move into the simulator for devo10' i haven't actually looked at Microuav's work, and am unsure what he has done.
Building thedveo10 emulator is documented in the readme here:
bitbucket.org/PhracturedBlue/deviation

Using it is documented in the manual here:
www.deviationtx.com/user-manual/user-manual-7e-10

If you are actually interested in the code, I can help if you have specific questions. there is no generalized documentation ofr the Deviation code.

More
08 Jan 2014 11:46 #18204 by djtrance
Thanks, now I can test it with the emu_devof7 :D

More
08 Jan 2014 12:06 #18205 by djtrance
this is my review with the emu_devoF7

First step.
When the emu start, only show in the screen Model1.
I think that this is because there are not any icon or information in the first screen.
When I enter to the Main menu, I think that is better if you put something like "*" or "-" in the end of the field, because is more easy to understand what field are you market.
when I enter to the Model menu I have the first problem, I guess
1.- the emu, is only showing "Model menu" in the screen, nothing else.

2.- in the "transmitter menu" when I tried to enter to the "trasmitter config" the emu has failed
3.- in the "channel monitor" only is showing something like "channel output 1 - > "

into the telemetry monitor don't show a real information but the menu, I think is working well like first step.
Is showing "Temp -> 1 2 3 4 " but without information
4.- in the usb menu only show "USB" without settings

I will try to understand how this port is working and after this maybe I can help you to fix it the problems there are into the menu or some functions

More
08 Jan 2014 12:31 #18206 by Microuav
Yes these are known problems ;)

The remark about the * or - is different in the emulator then on the real device. There you will see the text blink that you selected, instead of not showing up in the simulator. But this was the easiest way to test some stuff in the emulator. I like the blinking for the selected items ont he device itself, but yeah will take a look if that is sufficient.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds