Devo f7 for DelFly

More
08 Jan 2014 12:47 #18208 by djtrance
Replied by djtrance on topic Devo f7 for DelFly
I think that the blinking would be good for the real tx. I saw into the lcd.c that you are using PAL tv system for the video screen resolution. I don't know if this would be a problem, because in my country and in US we are using NTSC system, and in my video tx, I'm using a ntsc camera. I don't know if the OSD can sync with the NTSC signal with this configuration.
I read into your post that you removed a resistor into your video rx, I guess that now you can select all of the channels in the all of the video band into the 5.8ghz band.
In this page: " page with the walkera and other video bands " you can see the bands for other companies.

do you have a picture with the resistor that you removed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2014 13:19 #18209 by Microuav
Replied by Microuav on topic Devo f7 for DelFly
The video receiver for the Devo F7 is configuring PAL itself, it's maybe because it is currently off and they use it as a switch. But I haven't looked into that yet.

Yes I removed a resistor to change to the "E" band instead of the default band. So with my transmitter it isn't possible to receive all channels. In theory it should be possible if you remove another transmitter(following the datasheet), but you will need to bit-bang an spi interface. Because now they just use 3 GPIO pins that are either high or low to select the channels. The Video receiver also supports an SPI interface through the same pins(if you remove a resistor somewhere) and then you will be able to change a lot more. This is one of the ideas for the future and would be nice to have and sure is possible ;)

More
08 Jan 2014 13:33 #18210 by Microuav
Nice as you can see it is still a work in progress. But at least we can now emulate and fix all bugs in the GUI :)

Some question I have for PhractedBlue:
- The cleaning of the screen is now done inside gui.c by adding an LCD_Clear(0); at the end of the RemoveAllObjects.. this works partly, but how is it done normally? Do you just overlay a GFX filled vertical over the previous text or something?
- What do you think is the best way to implement this GUI? Because this needs a totally different approach.

More
08 Jan 2014 14:06 - 08 Jan 2014 14:09 #18216 by PhracturedBlue
Replied by PhracturedBlue on topic Devo f7 for DelFly
hI'm not sure it needs a totally different approach. I haven't looked at your code at all yet, so take this with a grain of salt. My thought is to define custom widgets for this Tx (use '()' and '<>' for spin-boxes for instance, then basically apply the devo10 GUI to the F7. We'll need to use the cursor to indicate selection most likely I guess.

The gui code generally clears the screen when an object is removed. we rarely draw objects on top of others (the dialog is a special case of this).

Oh, and once sbstnp finishes the configurable text size support this may be even easier.
We may need to do a lot of translation in the lcd driver since the entire code is written with pixel coordiante and we need to work with character coordinates instead.
Last edit: 08 Jan 2014 14:09 by PhracturedBlue.

More
13 Jan 2014 12:46 #18468 by djtrance
Microuav, do you know what happen if I use a video tX with audio transmitter?
can the devo F7 return with the earphone jack this audio?

More
23 Jan 2014 14:44 #18995 by Microuav
@djtrance That should work directly ;)

Finally after a couple of days of debugging I found the problem why it crashed in almost every menu.. The problem was as following:
Every menu normally has a limit of 4 items per page, but with the devo F7 it is possible to show more lines(about 11). So I programmed the menu that way, but every object array in guiobj.h is based on the 4 lines... So after just replacing all 4's with 11's it worked :)
But this is not a very good implementation. So PhractedBlue do you got any ideas?

More
23 Jan 2014 15:51 #18997 by Microuav
Ok I now got some more of the menu working and showing.. at least it doesn't crash that much anymore :)
So if anyone wants to help: https://bitbucket.org/tudelft-mavlab/deviation/overview

And @PrachtedBlue what would you suggest for these kind of things: https://bitbucket.org/tudelft-mavlab/deviation/commits/ee642797a41843f0851867ac48654bda2119d09d
This really sucks because some of the drawing isn't done in the separate pages folders...

More
23 Jan 2014 16:38 #18998 by PhracturedBlue
There are a gew options for those cases:
1) we could define that function with __attribute((weak)) which would allow overriding it but still leave a common function for everyone
2) we could just duplicate it into each screen code
3) But, generally the common functions are meant to be common, and there should not be many cases where the widgets are managed in the common code. Usually, if we have something like that, we do something like what happens in _trim_page.c:
define an enum that represents an object, and use get_obj() to resolve it to the proper per-tx object type.

The last is probably the right answer in this case.

More
26 Jan 2014 11:53 - 26 Jan 2014 11:54 #19143 by Microuav
Thanks I will look into that!

I finally got it to bind to a DSM2 receiver and receive 2 channels :) (Only two because I haven't fixed checked the connections to the stm32 of the sticks and switches). So now I'm going to update all the connections to the stm32 and see if I can fly a Delfly with it.
At least all the transmitter, the haptics, the sound and several other things are connected the same as the devo 7e and are working already :)

Next to that I think I need to change a bit of the Drawing of different GUI items, because now they add like borders and stuff that isn't drawn on the screen. This also changes the touch region of the object, so currently the touch region overlaps of certain items which makes it impossible to control. Some of you might think we don't have a touchscreen, but the buttons are bit hacked into the deviation code by representing a touch on a certain position.
I think I'm maybe going for option 3 here also, what do you think @PB?

* Btw I didn't push this yet to my repository because this needs some cleanup before I think it is appropriate to push ;)
Last edit: 26 Jan 2014 11:54 by Microuav.

More
26 Jan 2014 15:01 #19156 by PhracturedBlue
Good progress, and I agree that option (3) is preferred.

More
29 Jan 2014 14:51 #19379 by Microuav
I got some updates on several pin numbers which are different from the devo 7e:
PC12, PC15 -> HOLD TRN
PC14 -> GEAR
PC11, PC10 -> FMODE
PC13 -> DR
PB3, PB4 -> MIX
A4 -> 5,8 GHz receiver on/off switch? (not sure yet)
A0 -> 5,8 GHz receiver channel0 pin
A8 -> 5,8 GHz receiver channel1 pin
A15 -> 5,8 GHz receiver channel2 pin

Next to that there are also some differences in the button matrix, but I haven't got them all yet.

More
30 Jan 2014 23:56 - 31 Jan 2014 00:01 #19447 by Microuav
I now have some problems with my 5.8GHz video receiver, it doesn't even work anymore with the original firmware and I'm guessing it is a broken antenna.

I now know for sure that pin PA4 isn't used as on/off switch instead PB9 controls the power to the 5.8GHz board. My second guess is that PA4 is the Signal Strenght input of the 5.8GHz receiver, because the you have manual control in the OSD chip with the internal/external switching.
Last edit: 31 Jan 2014 00:01 by Microuav.

More
01 Feb 2014 23:10 #19643 by Microuav
I confirmed that pin PA4 is the Signal strength of the 5.8GHz video receiver and pin PB9 controls the power of the 5.8GHz receiver.

Next tot that I was able to get the external video to work, but as I already said I think my antenna is broken and isn't working properly anymore. Next week I'm going to replace it with a much better antenna en see the result.

Next tot that we need to make a decision where the video setting will belong in the menu. Are they model specific or not? Also do you think it is possible to bit-bang SPI for the 5.8GHz receiver and still have enough RAM(this will make it possible to switch both channels and bands if you remove a resistor on the 5.8GHz video receiver)?

More
01 Feb 2014 23:22 #19645 by PhracturedBlue
which video setting do you have in mind? I would think channels would be set per model.

bit-banging SPI should not take much memory at all. SPI is simple to implement. If you need very high frequency or very high bandwidth it can be harder though

More
01 Feb 2014 23:28 #19646 by Microuav
Yeah I meant channels and turning on/off ;) I thin turning it on/off would be best to add in the tx config menu?

I don't think the video chip will require a very high frequency.. It is only at initialization and at channel/band switches. It would be a nice feature to add, because then you can show video of every band.

The only real problem we're currently having with the Devo F7 is that you don't get snowy video but instead the video just goes to blue. This prolly can't be solved easily, because even without the overlay chip in between the screen isn't able to show video when it receives really bad frames.

More
01 Feb 2014 23:45 #19650 by PhracturedBlue
turning video on/off is probably a protocol option like telemetry. But I'm not sure. why would you use an F7 with all its limitations if you weren't using viedo?

More
01 Feb 2014 23:48 #19651 by Microuav
If not every plane has a video transmitter mounted on it maybe.. Because normally you will only have one transmitter and use it for all of your planes, or ideally;)

It saves a lot of power turning the video off, like 30 milliamps.. so for sure it is handy to place it somewhere in the menu ;)

More
02 Feb 2014 01:00 #19661 by PhracturedBlue
It might be worth creating a virtual channel to control the video (sort of like we do for the 'flip' capabilities in some models. That would let you use a switch to control it quickly.

More
11 Feb 2014 12:17 #20126 by djtrance
I think that is better idea to put this function on the "model setup", because is more similar to the stock firmware and I think that is more usuable, even if you only have one video TX, because you can set up the same channel and the same band on the all models

More
11 Mar 2014 04:17 #21442 by djtrance
my memory will come soon (new flash memory, 32mb), and I would like to know if you have any news of deviation for devo f7 control.
Another thing, if I change the memory, will i lost the settings of the planes? (if I use the original firmware)

regards!!

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds