Syma X5C - 1 for Devo 7e

More
25 Feb 2015 06:37 #29090 by Durete
Replied by Durete on topic Syma X5C - 1 for Devo 7e
Your problem sounds to me like a FC issue or Quadcopter itself.
Did you try with your stock TX?
Your solder job, appears to be ok to me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2015 16:56 #29110 by DroneBee
Replied by DroneBee on topic Syma X5C - 1 for Devo 7e
Hey thanks, Durete! It's still a mystery to me. After testing the camera (which appears to be dead), I flew the X5C-1 with the Devo 7e with no other adjustments. It flew fine for two batteries, so I don't know what the problem was. Maybe wifi or other interference in that particular location. Now that the camera is out, I've got my eye on upgrading the camera to an 808 or a Mobius, or maybe going for the new Syma X8C or a build and fly kit. Sounds like the X8C can be flown with the SymaX protocol. Woo!

More
26 Feb 2015 07:25 #29124 by Durete
Glad to hear is working now :)

More
04 Mar 2015 06:39 #29308 by ahuttere@gmail.com
Replied by ahuttere@gmail.com on topic Syma X5C - 1 for Devo 7e
Hi , I try to understand the protoclo between Syma X5c and the transmitter.
Channel,badrate,base address , packet format .
Some one can help me? :(

More
04 Mar 2015 07:11 #29311 by victzh
Replied by victzh on topic Syma X5C - 1 for Devo 7e
Why, it's SymaX protocol (X5C variant), well understood. There are sources for this protocol in Deviation repository, you can consult them.

More
04 Mar 2015 08:11 #29314 by ahuttere@gmail.com
Thanks

More
04 Mar 2015 08:20 #29315 by ahuttere@gmail.com
Is Syma X5c and Syma X5c-1 the same protocol?.
If not where is each one?

More
04 Mar 2015 08:32 #29316 by Durete

ahuttere@gmail.com wrote: Is Syma X5c and Syma X5c-1 the same protocol?.
If not where is each one?

Different protocol.
For Syma X5C (first/original version) you need SymaX protocol, with sub-option X5C enabled.
For Syma X5C-1, SymaX protocol with sub-option X5C disabled. It's the same protocol for all the newest Syma toys (X11, X11C, X12 and latest X4 and X6).

More
25 Mar 2015 19:00 #30252 by 30secs
Replied by 30secs on topic Syma X5C - 1 for Devo 7e
DroneBee/Durete,

I've been following this thread with great interest. I received my Devo7E yesterday and will be receiving and soldering the nRF module this weekend. I'm new to deviation and would love some help with the part between soldering the module, and getting the x5c-1 to fly. (all the software, protocol, configs etc.)

Any help would be appreicated!

More
27 Mar 2015 01:04 #30310 by DroneBee
Hey 30secs - I'm not able to write up a full list of steps at the moment. I can tell you that I was able to muddle through. If you read through this thread, you will probably be able to more or less follow what I went through to get my Devo 7e up and running with Deviation to control the X5C-1.

If you have any specific questions, shoot me a message and I'll do my best to help out. I basically started with reading the first couple pages of the Deviation Manual (I think the 7e is the same as the Devo 10 Deviation manual), and that should get Deviation firmware installed on your transmitter. Good luck! It's a bit tough at stages, but I think it's worth the effort!

More
03 Apr 2015 13:02 - 03 Apr 2015 13:05 #30746 by Squirrel_D
Replied by Squirrel_D on topic Syma X5C - 1 for Devo 7e
Hey guys,
So, I wound up adding my nRF module to my Devo 7E. I installed the latest version of Deviation and went looking for the nightly build - downloaded it (3/31/15) and was a bit confused.. It didn't have a .dfu file nor a protocol directory and I'd read that 7E users need to update the protocol directory each time..

Anyway, after more reading all over here I found DroneBee's picture of the solder job which is when I realized that I missed the ground wire so that's obviously a problem - I'm hoping my ownly problem. But what I wound up doing was going back through the nightly builds until I found one that had a dfu file and protocol directory. I then used Walkera's sw to update Deviation using that dfu file. And I made sure to copy over all of the files there.

Then I edited the hardware.ini to only say I had the nRF module section:
; enable-cyrf6936 = B12
has_pa-cyrf6936 = 0
; enable-a7105 = A14
; has_pa-a7105 = 0
; enable-cc2500 = A14
; has_pa-cc2500 = 0
; enable-nrf24l01 = A13
; has_pa-nrf24l01 = 1
; enable-multimod = A14

When I turn on the tx I get : Missing Module CYRF6936

* Do I just need to put a ; in front of the has_pa-cyrf6936 line?
* Is the semi colon a comment character?
* Did I do the right thing with the nightly builds? (Look for the most recent one to contain a dfu file, install that then copy over the filesystem before copying over the filesystem from the most recent nightly build?

I'm hoping to solder the ground wire on today and hopefully that's my only problem.. I hope I didn't mess anything up by not doing that though..

edit: One more question - I've been using notepad to edit the files but I notice that they only have a carriage return (or line feed...) either way notepad displays it all on a single line. I know by default that notepad doesn't add the other windows centric character but was wondering if that would be a problem. Just after posting this I used wordpad (which does tend to change the line endings to crlf - I added the semi colon and still got the same error upon power up
Last edit: 03 Apr 2015 13:05 by Squirrel_D.

More
03 Apr 2015 14:24 - 03 Apr 2015 14:26 #30747 by aMax
Replied by aMax on topic Syma X5C - 1 for Devo 7e
GND and a useful editor like notepad++ are the requirements for a successful
mod..... :whistle:

Devo7e, TaranisQ X7, R9M , 4in1 MM, Futaba FC18plusV3.2 & DFT/FLD-02
Last edit: 03 Apr 2015 14:26 by aMax.

More
03 Apr 2015 17:31 #30756 by DroneBee
Take my answers with a grain of salt, but in addition to fixing the ground issue, here's what I would suggest:

1) Start over with fresh hardware.ini file and only use Notepad++ to edit the hardware.ini file.
2) Semicolon is a comment character. My understanding is cyrf6936 is the stock module in the controller and is enabled by default. You shouldn't have to make any changes there.
3) Uncomment both lines [by removing the semicolon] for the NRF24L01 module (assuming you installed it to the TMS location on the board which corresponds to A13).

More
03 Apr 2015 18:26 #30758 by Squirrel_D
Replied by Squirrel_D on topic Syma X5C - 1 for Devo 7e
Ok, I was working from home today so I was able to solder the ground on there at lunch. All is well in the world! While I haven't had a chance to fly my X5C-1 yet, I did successfully bind to it and it reacts to my 7E

Now, time to take my WLToys tx apart and see if the module for it is in there!

Thank you all for your work in the Deviation project! Simply awesome!

More
03 Apr 2015 23:18 #30772 by jesmail
Replied by jesmail on topic Syma X5C - 1 for Devo 7e
Squirrel_D

need to remove both ";" be sure you have it wired to B12 address line.

enable-cyrf6936 = B12
has_pa-cyrf6936 = 0

More
05 Apr 2015 21:40 #30814 by 30secs
Durete, does the throttle trim originally do anything?

Also, what setting did you do to auto bind it? With another model of mine (JJRC H8C) it doesn't auto rebind

More
06 Apr 2015 05:37 #30827 by Durete

30secs wrote: Durete, does the throttle trim originally do anything?

Also, what setting did you do to auto bind it? With another model of mine (JJRC H8C) it doesn't auto rebind

The throttle trim at the original TX works for camera controls. Trim UP picture, Trim DOWN video. At my config file, they are configured as stock TX.

About the auto bind, the SymaX protocol is always in autobind mode. Every time you start your Quad/Devo will bind.
The V2x2 protocol (used for your JJRC H8C) has an option to enable/disable the autobind. Go to protocol selection screen and press ENT into your Devo TX. You will see this option.

More
06 Apr 2015 13:31 #30838 by 30secs
Thanks it worked. What I'd the 220k option?

More
06 Apr 2015 14:37 #30842 by Durete

30secs wrote: Thanks it worked. What I'd the 220k option?

These option it's to change the transmission data rate to gain range. Less data rate more range, more data rate, less range. The normal speed for V2x2 protocol is 1Mb.
Can be useful to fly any quadcopter flashed with the project Bradwii.

More
06 Apr 2015 16:25 #30846 by 30secs

Durete wrote: After latest changes at SymaX protocol (remove the rates channel to reduce protocol size), the channels for Picture/video change from 7/8 to 6/7.
Now we need to simulate rates with the Devo Mixer.

Here is my Model file for Syma X11C and valid also for Syma X5C-1 with latest protocol changes.

Hold1 - Flip Mode On.
FMod0 - Low rates (50% scale AIL/ELE with 35% Expo)
Fmod1 - High rates (100% scale AIL/ELE with 15% Expo)

Throttle Trim UP - Take Picture
Throttle Trim DOWN - Start/Stop Video

File Attachment:

File Name: SymaX11C.zip
File Size:1 KB

This Model file is valid when use a DeviationTX build from 2-14-15 or later.

Durete, if i want the flip to engage when i use the left vertical switch instead of the hold switch, how do i do that? I tried many times using your template but to no avail.

Also, i noticed for the slower setting you use scalar and points. Can you briefly explain why you chose to set it that way, and why not fixed instead of expo? Trying to learn and this would help myself and i'm sure others. Thanks!!

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds